Reviews for Caught in the Storm
Life.exe chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Alright...
Seems a little weird 'reviewing' my own story, however there's a couple of things I felt like saying in reply to all the things you guys have said.

I'm really happy some people seem to like this story, even now. So thanks!

What I called 'finished' a few years ago, I wouldn't now. I do actually have a couple of unpublished chapters still on an old hard disk, which maybe I'll post one day for the sake of nostalgia. But in all honesty I'd rather rewrite this than continue it - it would be a while coming though since I'm in my last final months at university.

Hopefully my writing would have improved in the last... six years? Or at least not gotten any worse. I haven't written creatively in a while after all. I look back on these chapters and see so many flaws. And there was next to no plot for the overall thing. I think I was mostly just mashing the keyboard. I've been getting some new ideas though and I'm occasionally plotting things out when I have time but I can't promise I'll manage to complete it.

On some of the things you guys asked/said
Caan has two eyes in this because if you look really closely at the mutant puppets they use in the show they actually have a really warped 'human' face - I figure 'in reality' some mutants would be more/less deformed than others. But mostly it was a personal interpretation of what I thought they might look like. The makers of the show might've used the same molds for the mutants in the last few years and have kept things pretty consistent regarding the mutants (bar Sec), but in Classic Who there's actually a few different variations - some even had clawed 'hands'. And that's what I imagined Caan having - eyes and clawed hand like appendages in among all those tentacles.

Yeah the singing was a dumb idea. I cringe when I look over that. eww. There was an idea there but it was poorly executed.

Like I said I'm potentially thinking of rewriting - but one of my biggest hurdles is coming up with a satisfactory ending that'll close the right doors and open new ones lest anyone wished to continue writing from where I left off. I don't mind if anyone wanted to do that.
The Wishbone chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
This story excellently written and well executed. Looking forward to coming back to it.
Bastet1023 chapter 7 . 2/2/2013
I really liked this. I'm curious as to what Dalek Sec did to Caan which made him "a freak" by Dalek standards. Does it have anything to do with his delirious singing perhaps? I hope you're inspired continue this :)
The Daleks' Advocate chapter 7 . 11/19/2012
I hope you'll continue this story someday because I thoroughly enjoyed it. Poor Caan, you can't abandon him like that now can you? ;-)
Jadziwine chapter 7 . 11/7/2010
OMG YOU HAVE TO UPDATE THIS STORY! its frigging AWESOME! lmao Dalek Caan cursing at the Doctor. too funny! I'm really loving this story. its so well written. you are frigging BRILLIANT! PLEASE WRITE MORE!
Everto Tonsor chapter 7 . 6/28/2010
Oh no! Why've you stopped writing this amazing wonderful story? This is the first time someone's written about a Dalek seriously without the main line being "Exterminate!"

Why? I'm so interested to find out what happens to Caan next!
PhoenixWytch chapter 7 . 10/24/2009
Interesting.

Thanks for writing.
Seileach chapter 7 . 1/28/2009
Really interesting story! I like the way Martha and the Doctor are both IC, the Doctor wants to save everybody and Martha is more pragmatic, yet finds the Doctor's idealism admirable...I hope you continue this eventually...

(Query: in the last chapter you refer to Dalek Caan having "a pair of amber eyes"-don't Daleks just have one single eye in the middle? Sorry-picky Virgo is picky LOL)
AnSionnach chapter 7 . 11/30/2008
Fantastic story.

I really hope you continue it, as good fanfiction is getting rare nowadays and this one is probably one of the best I've read in a while.

Keep up the good work! :)
buchanchem chapter 7 . 10/23/2008
haha funny :D. See Doctor you should knwo that someone always sees when your doing odd dancing and making a fool out of yourself :D (I laughed my head of at that). Great chapter lol poor Caan though (is feeling sorry for the little jerk)
Dalek's Avion and Theodore chapter 6 . 9/8/2008
Haha! Faithful reviewer ahoy!

Didn't take six months which is good... I like updates that don't take six months.

Lol! Caan has the Flu! Rofl! And he swore at them! Great chapter! Really up to your writing flare.

And for the answer to your question. The Doll was of Sec's hybrid form.

(Are you by any chance on Deviantart?)
Dalek's Avion and Theodore chapter 5 . 7/8/2008
*Claps and whoops*

Ha Hey! I don't mind the wait, it was worth it!

Ah! Bring on the insanity! It's a great life, isn't it?

Now another hopefully no as long wait...

OXOX

Dalek Avion
thepennameboo chapter 4 . 7/6/2008
aww poor carzy caan. XD
Dalek's Avion and Theodore chapter 4 . 2/6/2008
Hello! I've read your story. It's great! Not to sure about the singing bit though but its great.

I love the ones on whofic as well.

Go ebonydalek! You ROCK!
timano chapter 4 . 12/1/2007
Humorous little story. 6 out of 10 stars.

I did like the characterization of the Dalek. (So Daleks CAAN have feelings!)