Reviews for Study of the Heart
sai.RT chapter 15 . 10/25/2014
gods this is beautiful
hina chapter 7 . 10/25/2014
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THIS IS SO FREAKING GOOD HELP ME IM HYPERVENTILATING
hina chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
kya-! i love this already
every saisaku fic i have read, sasuke is often portrayed as a jackass who pretty much steps and mutilates sakura's feelings so that the author can put sai instead to comfort sakura. i have always disliked this sort of formation, it really did make it seem as sai as the replacement.
however this is the first that SASUKE IS ACTUALLY GAY WITH NARUTO
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
poor hinata...
i love it though! cant wait to read the rest
Guest chapter 35 . 12/13/2013
nice! loved it! sai was just adorable even when he didn't do it on purpose.
CrystleIceFire chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
This was such a beautiful story! I adored it all although I'm not a huge SaiXSakura fan! Well done! :D
crimsontears82684 chapter 35 . 10/9/2013
Overall, I enjoyed this story. I did feel that Sakura's reaction to Sai's infidelity was a bit much. The ending felt a bit rushed as well.
thecatsayswoof chapter 35 . 10/2/2013
'I think the sex healed me'

I loved the story from the start but that line alone put it in my favorites. Excellent description of Sai and Sakura as the people they are and how they would fall in love.
tsukinopen chapter 35 . 7/9/2013
this is a wonderful story
to guest: the characterization in this story is top notch
boys love (shonen ai) can be wonderful if given the chance
now yaoi is er a more graphic version

its true they can sometimes be plotless, the term yaoi was derived from that, but some have a decent plot
Guest chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
I am not comfortable with reading yaoi. It has nothing to do with hating people just because they are oriented differently- I just have never been able to read yaoi. And it is sad because I really wanted to read a SaixSakura and this seemed like such a good story. Ah well, guess I'll never read it.
musicmiss18 chapter 6 . 5/14/2013
"Who is on top?" *dies laughing* Gosh I love Sai in this XD
WhisperedSilvers chapter 12 . 4/7/2013
OH MY FUCKING- HOLY SHIT. KAKASHI AND IRUKA
WhisperedSilvers chapter 6 . 4/7/2013
... garra and neji OH MY GOD
cion chapter 35 . 1/24/2013
I read this all in about three days during meals, lectures, study-time and sleep-time, lol. You have no idea how obsessed I became after reading the first few chapters!

I've read other SaiSaku fics before, but this is probably one of the best. Here you depict Sai very honestly and closely to canon. His candid insight and reactions were hilarious. I particularly found the first 15 or so chapters VERY funny - the chapters where he is still learning how to behave in social settings. I can't even count how many times he's unwittingly created awk situations for various couples in this story. I'm guessing 5 at least? Lol, oh Sai. Only he can say the word penis without blinking an eye. LOL (Oh and Neji, too, with the word bj. HAHA I seriously laughed so hard at that moment.)

Sakura occasionally irritated me, but only slightly. I'm glad you didn't make her either entirely stupid or entirely perfect, though. Given her situation (as a first-timer in romance), I think it makes sense that she spurns Sai - but later truly regrets her actions. She doesn't just wallow in her emotions. She thinks about them, berates herself, corrects herself, and actually tries to DO something.

I think all too many people are a little pretentious when they accuse Sakura of being selfish or weak or annoying. True, the anime does nothing to make her seem very strong or cool (other than during the fight against Sasori.. or when she hits Naruto lol), but I think she is the most "normal" character in the series, in the broadest sense of the term. Human, I guess. How many people would coolly forgive something like a cheating incident, regardless if it was accidental or not?

I think Sakura, given how romantically inexperienced she is, reacted rather realistically - and I mean when she erupts, not when she tells him to leave for five years. Lol. I found myself hating her and loving her, disagreeing and agreeing with her all throughout the story. I think it takes a lot of skill to create such a dynamic character that a reader can sympathize with - or hate. Or both. Lol. So what's my point? You are a very good author.

You've done a great job explaining the thought processes of both an insecure Sakura and an inexperienced Sai. By chapter 5 or so, I was already rooting for them. By the end of the story, I was just... just... REALLY happy for them, even if they aren't "real" people in a relationship lolol. But whatevs!

I found it both odd and interesting how there turned out to be so many gay couples. Never would have thought to see Gaara and Neji together. I guess Sai was wrong when he thought that only opposites attract. ;) Ah well. I suppose stoic people need each other all the same.

Couple of things I want to bring to your attention, though. 1, I think the story should be rated M. There were a few scenes that fit under the M category better than T. I wasn't particularly bothered by any slightly explicit references, but I'm concerned that some SUPER conservative person will stumble upon this fic, report it for inappropriate references and poor choice of rating, and have your wonderful fic deleted. :( It's happened before to other talented authors I know... You can't imagine how terribly sad and annoyed I was at that, considering how much effort and time they put into their stories. I want your story to stay on my Favorites List forever so that when I'm feeling down or something, I'll just read a chapter of SOTH and have a good laugh! :) Anyway, it's just a precaution you might want to consider.

2, I think toward the middle of the story, the "study" was dragged out for too long. I'm referring to Sai's talks with different people about their views on relationships. Don't get me wrong. All of them were well-written. However, I think having Sai undergo the same study repeatedly, five, six, seven times was unnecessary. The underlying message was all the same - love cannot be easily defined, cannot be experienced vicariously through reading books, etc. The pacing of the story could have been a bit faster toward the middle, but that is just my opinion. And it doesn't change the fact that I still thoroughly enjoyed reading about Sai's misadventures - especially when he innocently embarrasses people. :)

The more I think about the title "Study of the Heart," the more I feel like it isn't just Sai who studied. Sakura examined, failed, and learned just as much as he did. Hm. Maybe I'm just being a little too analytical here, haha. XD

In any case, overall the story was great. It flowed very naturally, without any flowery, pretentious prose. The way it was written almost read like... a conversation one would have with a character of the story. It made the "study" all the more believable, endearing, and engaging. :) The humor was AWESOME (I haven't laughed so hard in.. a long time lol), the characterizations were SPOT ON (especially Sasuke and Sai)... Sigh. :)

Great job! After reading this, I seriously hope that I marry someone like Sai... (but hopefully someone who is not as socially constipated lol).

PS: Is there a sequel in order? I'll have to go check... :)

Love,
-tt
Carame chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Even though I don't particularly like the random yaoi in this (and I do usually like yaoi) especially gay Kakashi, I came here for the SaiSaku and pleasantly enjoyed it. I kind of wish we could have seen how Sai and Sakura's interactions when she first announced she was pregnant, etc. but this is fine. Love the story :)
tallgirl20 chapter 18 . 10/10/2012
I like that you have made Sasuke so insightful concerning life. It is a rather "in character" transition that his life - could - have taken based on his past. I am a little confused on where you have veered off from cannon, or if its just au-ish all together. It's not a critique since I haven't read past Rescue Gaara! and Find Sasuke! (the first time) arc...

Anyway, I very much enjoy reading Sai's journey and his reactions. They are very - real - for lack of a better word. He speaks what he feels and is not - ashamed - by them. It's rather beautiful.

tg