Reviews for A Little More Complicated
wolfrain1994 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
if i didit know any better i would think that that would be the real name of the sword
Vampires Lover19 chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
are you kidding me that... ... was amazing though the word for black is kuro not kero but not bad keep on writing youve got talent
Pluto L. Dante chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
It was so cute. This story made me a very happy person.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the name of Kenpachi's sword. I have a name for myself in Japanese (I made it up) Midori Fushicho (sp?) Anyway its meant to be Emerald Pheonix. BUt I don't speak Japanese and the little I do I'm self taught so I'm still trying to figure out the rules.

Great story.
Inukage-Okami chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Ryu is the japanese word for dragon right...? and i find that it was a great fanfiction...
TheWatcherandReader chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
Technically, I believe it should be more along the lines of 'Ryuukuromaru', which, roughly translated, would be 'Black Dragon Boy', although I wouldn't take the 'Boy' part seriously. It's more of a suffix for male names than a literal meaning. But take all that with a pinch of salt, as my Japanese is a tad rusty. Keep on updating.
shikomekidomi chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Me, again, but I can only leave one logged in review. I just thought of something as I rewatched the Ichigo-Zaraki fight. In Ichigo's aura at the end, you can see his hollow mask. In Zaraki's aura you see a skull. In fact just feeling his reiatsu gives a flash of a skeleton holding a blade to Ichigo's throat. Which makes me wonder why no one writing these stories has, to my knowledge, portrayed Zaraki's blade's spirit as skeletal or the grim reaper... since it seems that that form is being implied by the episode, even if it's not certain.
shikome kido mi chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
You know, this is well written, as I've come to expect from you since reading Shelter from the Storm. But I do wonder why so many want to skip to Bankai with Zaraki... I mean, remember how much Ichigo powered up in their fight just from learning the name of his Shikai. It even saved him from bleeding to death. And Zaraki's not even at that stage of sword power yet... I imagine that if he ever hits Bankai it'll be, well, perhaps something enormously terrifying like this. Of course, he doesn't do things the normal way, so perhaps he will leapfrog the process.
Libris chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
I am a sucker for Ken and Yachiru, and I adore Nel, so I loved how you combined the current events of the manga with their characters. I absolutely loved how he achieves bankai, it seems very... Kenpachi.

Though, 'kerokero' is the sound a frog makes. 'Kuro/i' would be the color black. An awesome name for his sword nonetheless. And very fitting. ;D
Airelle Vilka not signed in chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
Yay! Ken-chan found his bankai! :)

Awesome descriptions of the actual fight. I hope it goes along similar lines in the actual anime... I do know Kenpachi has to fight Nnoitra, but I don't know if he finds his bankai in that fight.
White Butterfly chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
A bit drawn out in the middle but the ending made me smile.
Ryuukai chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
that was freaking brilliant!

i loved it.

there were a few parts that could have been written better, some of the fight, but it was good
Highlord Langslock chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Hello.

Whoa. That's the only word I can think of. Oh wait, I can think of two more-YOU ROCK! Seriously, the bankai you had in mind for Zaraki is AWSOME! The wings of blades, the tail, the evil looking sword, the zanpakutou's abilities, even the very name and release command, it all fits perfectly with Zaraki's nature and fighting style.

Asaide from the bankai, I'm impressed with your skills as a writer. You've captured both Zaraki's and Yachiru's personalities perfectly. I'm not entierly sure if Nnoitra is in character, as I've yet to get that far in the manga, but from what I've read about him at wikipedia, you probably have the right idea. As for his release state, I can totally see it happening. I also enjoyed the fight in itself. I would have liked just a litle more detail, but the focus of the story was more to reveal Zaraki's bankai, so it can't be helped.

One last thing. I really liked your little scene at the end with Zaraki, Yachiru, and Ryuukeromaru. It was very touching, and rather appropriate. My hat goes off to you as a writer.

Highlord Langslock

P.S. There is just one thing I don't get. Your title. "A Little More Complicated?" How exactly does that fit into this fic?
Scritch chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
HA! First reviewer!

I am positively writhing with glee at this fic. I mean, I'm not a big fan of fight scenes, I'll say that right away; though I love to watch them, reading them isn't quite always that entertaining to me. Maybe it was because this was Zaraki, or the fact that you came up with a DAMN AWESOME bankai for him, or whatever it is, but I LOVE this! You write an awesome Zaraki, and Nnoitra, and Yachiru, and Nel, and I have so much love for this fic. Now the anime is going to have to live up to my high expectations of this scene, hehe.