Reviews for Nelgetha
Deva chapter 5 . 4/22/2013
This was great! There really is too few good Reyson fics out there :-) You wrote his character really well, an Maeya was a charming creation. I agree with you that Reyson really is too pretty ;-) The similarity to the Icarii is also rather great. Though it was the Avar who lived in the forest and the Icarii in the mountains.
sychopenguin5 chapter 5 . 8/18/2011
I really liked the way you portrayed Reyson. You're right, there should always be more Reyson fics that aren't just about pairings (although those are good too, sometimes.)

It always is interesting to compare Reyson, Soren, Lethe, Jill, and Shinon: all hateful, racist, cranky, bitter, and unapproachable, with reasonable cause (actually, I'm not sure what Shinon's cause is). However, out of all of them, Reyson seems to make the most progress, which is probably why I admire him so much.

I really don't have any criticisms of your writing, as you had lots of detail without making it confusing, kept people reasonably in character, and had a good plot. The only thing I can think of that might help you is line breaks to separate your author's notes and whatnot. 3
AnAnimeFreak chapter 5 . 9/16/2010
I LOVED reading this story! You did an exellent job! And I aslo liked the fact that, for once, it didn't contain romance, theres so much on here it gets boring.

I'd like to hear another story like this from you, if you dont want to, don't worry about it.

Keep up the good work. :D
Jay Lee Leuis chapter 5 . 8/20/2009
Possibly a bit late to leave a review, but whatever.

Very nice story. Overall, you kept the whole thing much more well-written than a lot of fanfiction seems to be. I also liked your OC. At first I was worried she was going to be a Mary-Sue, but you proved me wrong.
Azure Teriques chapter 5 . 2/13/2009
Very wonderful story about Reyson. I love it. _
Erihppas chapter 5 . 12/23/2008
Goodness, I feel like giggling. I feel like squealing in joy! I read Knights of Cydonia ages ago (and even placed it in my list of favs). I just didn't expect that I'd bump into another of your fic. 'Tis must be FATE~! XD

Anyways, I thought this story is beautifully crafted. And the descriptions, the effect of Reyson's songs and how he communicates with the forest is just so... fitting! And the fact that he's stranded alone and injured... Man, you make it so agonizing! Yet, Reyson is not broken easily. He struggled on despite his heavy wounds, so unlike most writers that portrayed him as a china doll. I don't think Reyson's weak. After all, he'd survived the Serenes Massacre.

... But I can't be too sure, considering the fact that I've never touched the Radiant series. 'XD

Maeya reminds me of Rebecca for some reason. 8D

Anyways, ye fic is nicely done. I hope to see more from you again! X3
Silvara chapter 5 . 4/6/2008
Yes I definitely like what you write. (No precise pairings and everyone's satisfied)

I love the purpose of your pen too.

Each chapter, in this one, seem very thoughtfully elaborated.

I loved to read it. I never played to FE Path of Radiance nor Radiant Dawn yet and sadly little really IC Reyson-centric fic being here, I never got the chance to correctly catch Reyson's personalty. But, now that I read this I can certify it ; I am a fan

I'm glad that throughout his wounds you saved his dignity, not making him look like that very 'piece-of-art doll stereotype'. Seriously, poor guy! (personally I wouldn't be able to do it. I'm glad he isn't real too, cause I guess I'd only be able to stare and stare - fangirl syndrome (beware it's contagious!)

Thank you for that nice insight in the laguz prince mind.

I stay turned for your next publishing ! :)

PS: Just one point. Don't mind me if I'm mistaken but I think when Maeya arrived, first you wrote that the trees said Reyson she was a healer..?
RandomTopic chapter 5 . 4/2/2008
Those books you described sound interesting. I'm tempted to go and check them out now.

And this is a good story. Like your OC, very realistic.
Black Nights chapter 5 . 1/9/2008
Ah, so that's why you named this story after that. Clever~

You've stayed quite in-character for the story, for all characters that were included. You've managed to bring out the way that both laguz and beorc speak on Tellius, with the interaction between characters. Spelling, grammer and the like are fine, as per usual, no visible errors.

The ending suited this kind of story, in my opinion. It just makes the whole story worthwhile to read and enjoy. :) It would be nice to see Maeya again, in another story. She seems quite the character. Keep writing~

~Black Nights
Syeroix chapter 5 . 1/3/2008
I love the story and Reyson's big ephihany. I'm not good at being a critic but your story was enjoyable and unlike most amde-ups I like Maeya. So woot.
Syeroix chapter 3 . 1/3/2008
I like how you put in that he flares out his wing to make himself more threatining.

Yes I am also enthralled by Reyson. I would like to join you in staring at him if he exsisted.
Syeroix chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
I love how you show Reyson and describe exactly what he singing does to the people he's helping. I also like how the quote you put at the begining ties in with the story.

Things I didn't like... umm the Daein? XP sorry not good at criticism.
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 5 . 12/30/2007
To reply to your response that a particular phrase I referred to was cliche, well, you're lucky to have grown in a place where people aren't stubborn, one-track minded, and partly xenophobic.

But, anyway, fics regarding character change are always reassuring. Of course, character in-character ness is never set in stone. People change, at least, most people do, and Reyson, though cynical, is no different. Hey, if Soren could change in POR, so could Reyson.

Meh, enough of my ramblings. You did great. Your portrayal of each main character was far greater than what I've done so far. However, I will be persistent and continue to attempt to improve. I'm glad to see that there are many teachers, like you, who are here to give us less-talented budding authors examples of what we should work on. Thank you.
DreyaCira chapter 5 . 12/23/2007
It's not that I wanted you to kill her, I just thought you were going to. It seemed like something you would do, y'know? A great end, as usual, and I for one just loved Ike's line, which I was thinking the entire time - the whole 'nobody is ever the same whether they're beorc or laguz' thing. I'm glad Reyson can stop being so stuck up and forgive people for once. Poor Janaff and Ulki, I imagined they would be like that. There's nothing wrong with any part of it, so don't go around trying to fix it or something. Because I'll get mad and sic my flying note-monsters on you.
Kalisona chapter 5 . 12/23/2007
I missed reviewing /again/! :( *sighs* Ah well, finals and pnuemonia don't mix, I'm afraid, and today is the first day I've actually been able to think straight. I think. This review probably won't make a lot of sense, but...

It's true; both the knife ability and the staff whacking ability are useless. Still fun to watch though. ;) And Soren makes excellent bait...later in the game, when he's stronger. Then he dodges just about everything. _

I...have to agree. homosexual relationships are truly not my sort of thing either. I don't have anything against those who like it, but...I tend to stay away. Which is why you should most definitely write a fic with him. So that there'll be a good Legault fic for me to read! ;)

Truly? Well, obviously Ewan's going to be stronger than Knoll. He's got the entire 3 time level up thing going for him. (I love those people. Especially Amelia. She makes the most amazing Palading.) Hmm...You're right. Knoll really doesn't have that good of stats. I love Canas though. Most definitely the most useful magic user in the game with his Luna...

As I said before, I'm not a huge fan of romance either. It's just...3 supports really aren't enough to make for a very romantic setting. *shrugs* But I am a firm believer in Ninian/Eliwood. I tend to go with what the game creaters edge towards, pretty much.

xD When you learn how to do Eliwood's amazing-flippy-attack-of-Doom, you must teach me. And you must show me the flying pigs that are sure to have sprung up. ;) I always felt that the flip thing was a bit much...

That's true, and you're right of course, the beorc and laguz are pretty much equal. I've always felt that the laguz are lucky though...I mean, look at Reyson's awesome wings! ;)

Oh yeah. I remember when Reyson punched the guy. I was cheering him on at that point, I think. _

Now /that/ is a good question. How /do/ they get their shirts on? I must admit that I've never thought about it. Hmm...Ah, well, I suppose we'll never know. This reminds me in some obscure way about another good point of RD that I just found out: There are wolf laguz! _

Ah...Forgiveness. That makes sense. _ Well, this was a wonderful story, that definitely showed Reyson in a perfect characterization of the poor Heron Prince. You put them in the strangest spots, you know that? ;)

I also love how you manage to fit in cameos of so many different characters. It's really great and adds a breath of fresh air to the story.

Anyway, thanks for another great tale, and I'm looking forward to the next one! ;)