Reviews for Inscribed in the Blade
Reviewer chapter 1 . 9/6
It's been a long time but I've missed your writing so much! I think you're out of college now, but I remember the days reading your other fics and you would freak out about AP testing. It's really weird because I just finished mine! When I was little I'd stay tune in for your long chapters and just devour them slowly before I go to bed. I was usually a lurker on fanfics but then I realized the impact a review can make.

I just came back to check up on the CCS fandom after watching one episode for the hell of it made me hooked on it again. :( Of course, good stories are a needle in a haystack nowadays so I'm revisiting the oldies but goodies. I was sad when Aesha's fics were removed but glad yours are still here.

I wish you can give us one more long-shot or episodic fic. If not, I'm happier with completed fics than ones that leave me hanging. Thanks for being so dedicated to your work. Even looking back, I can't believe you were just in high school writing a plot like this...holy crap! I'm not sure what you're doing with your life right now but I hope writing is still part of your niche. :)
Muledragon chapter 37 . 11/19/2014
Very nice story. I read the whole thing over the course of a few days, and it was a very great distraction to other things I needed to be doing. I mean that as a compliment, that's how I know I liked it.
Muledragon chapter 30 . 11/19/2014
Hmm, can't say I'm crazy about your timing. Having a fluffy romance scene while Syaoran's brother slowly bleeds in the background? That was a little weird.
Muledragon chapter 8 . 11/12/2014
There's kind of a problem with the timeline presented in this chapter. You stated that Sakura's mother and father were chosen as "best couple" sixteen years ago, and then were married immediately afterwards. But isn't Sakura herself sixteen, or almost sixteen, in this story? Even if you assume they had Sakura very soon afterwards, this leaves no room for her brother Toya.
a fan chapter 37 . 11/2/2014
Can I just begin by saying that this story is just amazing.

From start to finish, everything is just consistent to me. I love how all the characters seemed to grow very nicely as the story progresses (they're all so intelligently witty, too!) Sakura, especially. She had three (!) fake facades going on out there and she manages to pull through every single time! Usually, long chapter length can be risky to turn boring, but you done a fantastic job on making things concise and descriptive without making it a chore to read. Everything is just spot-on: the setting, the script, the grammar, character development, and I just love how to plot was executed. I'll wait for that special chapter, no matter what.

You are a fantastic writer and I hope to see more of you someday.

p.s. I did not regret losing 3 nights of sleep for this
Mei Vir D. Ripper chapter 37 . 8/5/2014
Alright, before I start off with this very long review (which I intend to really make and hope that it'll reach around 500 words), I would first like to commend you for a job well done. Also, please extend my greatest gratitude for a great job done by your Beta as well. He/she had really helped a lot with refining on how to story was written and how it flowed. I personally love reading story settings which revolves around different ancient times. Whether it's during ancient Japan, medieval England, rowdy wild wild west America, I just love all of them. And reading your story was really fun and exciting. Oh! How I love the way they spoke so formally and the grace! You rarely see them nowadays in contemporary settings. Not to mention I like the witty banters. Two thumbs up for you!

Although, I am a bit curious on what the original story Samurai Secrets was, since you’ve mentioned that Inscribed in Blade was already a revised version. One thing I can guarantee though, I won’t read it if the writing was done poorly. It’s not that I’m just being overly bitchy or anything. But I really love reading a story that was written with all heart and thoughts poured out it. Every single line, emotion, banter, setting carefully thought of and not just written half-heartedly or (what I like calling it) half-assed. Of course, as writers, we take pride in all our works but also need to make sure that at least everything is well written. That’s why we have Betas that we can ask for help. If a statement is incorrect, how can we fix it so it’ll sound right? Sadly, not writers think so much about it. They really have good stories in mind. But when I see that the story was poorly written, I cringe. And it annoys that hell out of me! Ugh. I’m ranting in this review. Hahahaha.. Sorry. –cough-

Right, let’s continue with the story evaluation. Normally, when I see Japanese words used as phrases which have a direct English word that I can be used, I frown at it. Now, it’s not that I haven’t used my own personal share of them words but I’ve actually started to deviate from using them – at all. Maybe it’s my own personal reason, or maybe I’m just biased, but to me it sounds more… convincing or proper? I can’t seem to explain it properly. But for this story, I’ll overlook the usage of it. Simply because it would sound proper if such terms were not used. They were living during the samurai era for Pete’s sake! –scoldsherselfforbeingpompous- And you never overused it. So I’ll give credits for it.

Next, I’ll sight one thing I disliked. You didn’t give enough screen time for Sakura and Syaoran’s to be lovey-dovey. It was just not enough! My poor heart was in tenterhooks each time they smiled, held hands, hugged, etc. It craved for more! You didn’t give enough! How could you?! ;A; -criesariver- And to be honest, I actually waited for more to happen especially when they were sleeping under one futon. ONE FUTON DAMN IT! OTL THERE COULD BE A LOT HAPPENING WHEN YOU ARE SLEEPING WITH THE PERSON YOU LOVE UNDER ONE CURSED FUTON BUT NOOOO NOTHING HAPPENED HUHUHUHUHU I CRAI OKAI I CRAI HUHUHUHUHU

Now, since you mentioned that you’ll write a “special”, I’ll demand that you write something! And I’ll be blunt about it. WRITE SOMETHING M! One futon, my frigging kashakshkash… OTL It still haunts me I tell you. HAUNTS ME!

Oh! Not to mention that I only saw less interactions between Tomoyo and Eriol! ;A; These two hold a special part in my heart and it pains me that they didn’t share enough lovey-dovey scenes too. I love them. LOVE THEM! Oh the pain and anguish. ;A; Would it be too much to ask how Eriols wooed his way to Tomoyo’s heart? –drownsinherowntears-

Okay, your story greatly affected me. Though it’s a common plot, how you wrote it made a great difference. Again, you have my respect. Not to mention, I was laughing every time I reach the bottom of the page and see your constant nagging to review! XD So, here’s my review. It’s a lengthy one. I hoped you enjoy reading it. :))

The one who gives long-assed reviews,
alicekazami08 chapter 37 . 7/28/2014
This was an amazing story. From the plot to the narration to the grammer, everything was good. I really liked the setting of the story as well. Great work!
DashyGurl chapter 36 . 7/13/2014
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I posted a review for the last chapter as well! You should change the genre to say "Romance/Adventure" instead of just romance... because it was full of action, adventure, romance, suspense, intrigue... everything!

Amazing writer and amazing story 3 well written and thought-out :)
DashyGurl chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
Loved. Every. Single. CHAPTER!

The emotions the story/plot evokes is endless: horror, shock, sympathy, humor, awe, excitement, love... it's amazing!

You had me hooked from the first chapter! I finished the entire fic in about 3 days hehehehe. The amazing plot, characters, and their actions... they'll keep you thinking for days and keep you hooked the entire time!

Can't say enough just how amazing the story was. Loved it and yet so sad that it ended. I wish there was another 30-some chapters just so it doesn't have to end _
KanamexYuuki fan chapter 36 . 7/6/2014
dammit. Whoever started cutting onions next to me... *sniffle* Or maybe it's the dust. I'm not crying. I swear.
KanamexYuuki fan chapter 25 . 7/5/2014
dammit. third time through this story. Still moves my heart.
Artemis chapter 19 . 5/26/2014
Although I haven't noticed it much until today, I absolutely adore the way you use bolds and italics to stress words. It adds more depth and expression to the story. In addition to that, I have read and reread this story almost a gazillion times already and I am sorry for not being able to review more than I should've had. This story is EPIC and I am begging you to please add an epilogue! :D
Lily Yen Fae chapter 4 . 3/1/2014
This is a great story so far! Kind of a mix between She's The Man and old japan. Really neat! But how come you added so much Romonji? 御免なさい、私はわかちませんです。どうしてですか?
edonis chapter 37 . 2/19/2014
That was a good treat ... liked it a lot ... actually i was searching for a new fic to read and i found two, one was - samurai secret and the other was this. I began reading samurai secret first, it was a good story but after a chapter or so i started loosing a bit of interest so i put it on hold and decided to try inscribed in the blade. There i read that its the new version of samurai secret itself ... that was a good surprise and i must say this story of yours got hold of me really well... the part that i enjoyed the most was when Sakura was in the academy as kino kura with Syaoran & also when Sakura was searching the Clow's swords. Good Work !
Chiyokira chapter 37 . 1/1/2014
from one shots to this! You deserve to be congratulated!
1,262 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »