Reviews for Dwarven Hearts
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/2/2019
Terrific!
Sylphrena33 chapter 1 . 5/25/2018
I love this. I love the friendship between Legolas and Gimli so much. I love their loyalty and the strength of their bond. Great job with this, I really like how you've captured the essence of their friendship. This is so sad, but wonderful at the same time.
MirkwoodWarrior2 chapter 1 . 11/19/2016
This...this was beautiful. Depressing! But beautiful xD SO WAIT DID GIMLI DIE OR? I want to say he didn't, but I can't tell. Or was he GOING to die, that's the question ;) Anyways, excellent story!
PlantYourTrees chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
Awwwwww
nyx thranduillon chapter 1 . 3/9/2015
Only just found my way to this story via Thorongirls community and I am so glad I did.

It is one of the best story I have ever written describing the friendship between Legolas and Gimli. You manage to pack such depth of feeling into what is, in reality, quite a short tale.
I love the way it evolves slowly, from the horses and their characteristics, dissimilar yet seemingly happy side by side, to the pair beneath the tree, also dissimilar yet with such an affinity it would be strange to see them apart.
It is only when you have set the scene most thoroughly that we get to the crux of the story and we get to understand not only why they are there but how deep their friendship has become.
Yes it is sad, but it also contains hope. Your ending is perfect, leaving us to make up our own minds as to what happened, I myself would like to believe that Gimli survived, yet the last words could just as easily be read to suggest he was strong enough to meet death head on without flinching.
Again. A superb story, beautifully written and one that is going straight into my favourites. Thank you.
hjohn302 chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
How I got here, I am not entirely sure.

But my heart just breaks. Tears. Quite literally.

This is so beautiful.

I love the contrast of where you had them each realize where they had found their peace and contentment... in the presence of one special... Perfect.

Thank you for sharing this.
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
So bittersweet, so lovely, so sad! *sob*
TiaKisu chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Thank you for this most lovely read! I adore how much depth you put into this even though everything has an almost light touch to it. Maybe it's Legoloas' sincere belief in his friend or the nature you described so beautifully that creates this extraordinary atmosphere, and maybe it's just the picture itself - of the two friends sitting there in such calm. But whatever it is, I really like what has come from it.

This story describes their friendship exactly in the way I was searching for. Where unspoken things tell more than words. Where there is an understanding that roots deep and which is seldomly to be found amongst people. And I bow to you for conveying that in such a beautiful way.

Last but not least please let me compliment you on the beginning you chose. Describing the mare and the pony might appear to be an odd thing to start with, but to me it seems perfect for it goes so amazingly well with what you set out to show.

A truly wonderful little story that went straight into my favs!
Thank you for writing and sharing. TK
sidh chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Please finish and go to part two, although you have already told the tale that Gimli lives, still I find my own heart in need of more spoken of this friendship.

sidh
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I like this story.
Go Outside chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
This is an amazing story! Thanks
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Having just read and loved your other LOTR story, "The Great King", I decided to try this one. I don't often read Legolas & Gimli stories, butt how glad I am that I did! This is another gem. You've captured their deep friendship, and you've also captured the danger that still existed even after the war ended. An arrow near the heart... eek! One would think this was an AU, but for your perfect last line. You've put a lump in my throat for the second time this morning. I really do hope you continue to pen LOTR fic now and then-you've got quite the knack for it.
Alanic chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
I decided to look at some of your other stories and found this gem. Loved it and I wish you had gone on with it although it was very touching how you ended it. thanks!
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
A great story. Very well written.
elvesdragon chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Hello there! Many stories feature the friendship between Legolas Greenleaf and Gimli the Dwarf. And many stories tend to lean twards the roamntical frienship of those two. But not many stories manage to describe a quiet moment between them. I am aware that it is a tense moment but it still brings a quiet tranquility to the scene. I ould almost smell the fresh scent of grass, hear the little birds and the pitter-patter of the rain. But, most of all,I could feel the warmth of friendship! What I'm trying to say is...it was beautiful!