Reviews for A Meeting of Traditions
Lilith Jae chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Was this written before or after The Legend of Korra? Because of this was before, it seems pretty foreshadow-ish. It's cool though, I think, because technically Korra is descended from the Northern Water Tribe through her father.
KJun chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Bryke left so many plot holes in their stories, it isn't funny.

It's a good thing that we, the fans, have excellent writers such as you who do not miss major details such as this to wrote such superb stories for our enjoyment.

Yelling at the TV screen is not as therapeutic as one might think.

Kat
Raina Rasberry chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
HEY! i think u saw me up at deviantart!:)

either way, i think u wrote this b4 the spoilers of a second season, aka the legend of korra, right?

either way...

sixth sense much gal! :)

amazing, and im VERY VERY tempted to through away my school books and devote my time to ur gallery of amazing looking fics!

but sadly, i cant...

and i also am sure i wont be able to remember!

so keep remeinding me kay! and if i ever do read, ill be sure to leave a review at every possible turn!
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
The boys-only rule apparently dates only to Avatar Kuruk, the most recent Water Avatar among Aang's predecessors, and a comment he made about a woman's calling. The Avatar has way too much power sometimes.

Still, this situation certainly could theoretically arise in the future, even if according to the worldmakers Aang is genuinely the last airbender there ever will be, and the 'verse is going to go all steampunk degeneracy and anti-bender in a couple of generations. Most people see fit to ignore that because it's depressing.
StarVamp chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
This is very funny. I love how you made fun of the Northern Water Tribe and that utterly ridiculous rule. Cyber brownies fresh from my sister's cyber kitchen with extra-tasty-totally-real-milk-chocolte(unless you prefer dark) chips. Enjoy!
z chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
It is a good question to contemplate...Personally, I think she should be raised disguised as a boy, which would avoid the questions of most, and when it came to her questions I think some over protective guardian figure should tell her it's because they didn't want her talent to go wasted...just a little plunnie that popped into my head cuz of this fic
mistfur chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
ha, in the northern weter tribers faces!
tadako.kazahaya chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
This fic can give way to a huge story... potentially. XD I've no ideas as to how to go about that though. THen again, i'm just cravin' a good Avatar-spinoff fanfic.

Interesting concept and nice way to point out a good contradiction in the system. ;D
lady kae chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
probily send her to the southern water tribe
Anti-Logic chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Ha, take that sexists! xD In all seriousness, that was really good. I hadn't thought of the clash between the Avatar cycle and the traditions of the Tribe before.
Tomoyo Kinomoto chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
*laugh* That's funny! You could make this a full fic, and not just a oneshot. Would you please? It would be REALLY good! I'm sure of it!
razzledazzle41191 chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Really original story, I don't think I've ever seen one like this. I love it!
SparklePants92 chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Really interesting and original story line; I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it. Just one minor mistake, as far as I could see: "She was did not know that she to become..." It looks like you mixed up a word or two there? Other than that, excellent writing!
D3athrav3n92 chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Yay for avatar!

I always like your stories. And they're mostly of my favorite anime too
PetertheChameleon chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
What an intriguing and original idea! The thought had never occured to me, and your fic did a wonderful job of addressing it (even if there were no answers - it's kind of a lose-lose situation, so having no answers seems a perfect ending).

I was put off at first by the formal writing style, but by the end, I thought it worked great with the story. Very in tune with both the characters as well as their thought processes. All in all, it was very enjoyable! Glad I checked this fic out.