Reviews for Bury Me Standing
RedDeathLvr chapter 31 . 11/20/2014
Please come back to this. ...
Threatens and Adores chapter 31 . 10/1/2014
One of the saddest things about being a reader on is this amazing, but seemingly abandoned stories! Especially when they leave off on such an interesting note! Though it's been three years since your last update, I love your story and so wish you would continue it. It's hard for me to find PotO fiction I love (especially since the fandom has died down a bit) so I was so pleasantly surprised to find your great work. I truly hope to hear from you one day!

xxthreatens&adores
MissyH316 chapter 6 . 9/28/2014
Dear author, I will take pity on your shameless begging and indulge you with a review here. :-) I'll even try to keep it brief - a huge effort for me as brevity isn't my strong suit. lol

Now you KNOW that naming this chapter "Moonlight Encounters" that some of us would be expecting to see our beloved Phantom show up - but that's okay. You've done a great job of bringing new characters into the fray, and I can almost feel the menace rolling off Giles. While abusive behavior always has been and still is a huge problem, women of that time had very little, if any, defense against it - rich OR poor.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the story so far AND - keep in mind - this comes from someone who has little to no use for Raoul and all sorts of use for Erik! But I like how you've fleshed out his character here; he's not as one-dimensional as he's so often portrayed, and it's rare to see a more realistic portrayal. Same for Christine, too, I think. This just helps speak of the quality and conscientiousness of your writing.

On to the rest!
Missy
kcorakcora chapter 31 . 2/19/2013
Well that's a lovely story!...I love the world you've created here...love all the characters...especially the little Dika :) love the horses and the relationship the gypsies have with their animals. In my childhood I knew a gypsy family...kind of grew up with their children (they tried a city life for a few yeas-never worked out off course-and they moved back into the gypsy camp with their family) and I totally recognized a lot of what you described here :)
Your writing is very good...you have beautiful long and very descriptive chapters, oh and I loved being in Christine's mind... well done...very well done...:)
...I love the angst, fear, torment...the unspoken and deep hidden feelings...the mystery you've created around Erik...I love everything about this story...only one problem though...IT'S NOT COMPLETE!
...and I lost hope that you are going to finish it...it's so sad...:(...there could have been so much more to write about...I believe it's not even half through...:(...however I hope someday you'll find your muse again and start writing...it's a pity not to...you're doing it so good :)
oh...and please excuse my English! ;) :)
LoveaHappyEnding chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
I hope you write a new chapter soon. This is a great story.
Guest chapter 31 . 7/22/2012
Great story! I'm anxiously awaiting a new chapter. Please, update!
Zuzubirds chapter 31 . 6/18/2012
This story is just... lovely. Your technique gives it such a flow, and you're great at giving the characters actual depth! Definitely not a cliche, and I appreciate that! ;) It's a shame you haven't updated in so long. I would love to read more. In fact, if you don't, I just might have to come to your house and RIOTimeanwhat.

Z
Irene Sharda chapter 31 . 2/26/2012
Oh this is so I good! I can't wait for you to continue. This is a really good story. I'm glad that Giles is finally dead, however, I have to say that I am really miffed at Erik for not coming to Christine's rescue and then only after all the danger is gone, just tells her to come with him? I'm starting to think that this relationship between those two is never going to get off the ground! Christine is now a real gypsy and now her clan has left her. What is going on? When will Erik start warming up a little?

Well now that I've finished reading this entire thing nonstop in three hours, I can finally finish my homework. Thank you for the (unfortunate?) distraction.
Rosie White chapter 31 . 2/18/2012
Honestly one of the best fanfics I've read for Phantom to date. Your use of detail is spectacular and I love how easily you've managed to situate this fic in the historic time period.

Keep up the great work and I'll be reading!
Fielga Morrel chapter 31 . 1/25/2012
I've been perodically checking up on your story for a few years now and no matter how much time lapses between chapters, it remains my favorite FF read, I only feel more and more pulled in every time I read it. I also have to confess, I converted it to epub so that I could carry it around with me on my Nook (since I'm not at the computer as often as I'd like. Work and all that)and although I haven't read this new chapter yet, I couldn't wait to write and tell you how absolutely thrilled I was to hop on tonight and see something new to read! You are the best of the best! Alright, time to hunker down and see what happens next. :)
Fictionreader chapter 31 . 1/18/2012
Ahh you know I am still here...just read this chapter again in hopes of an update. Wonderful chapter, by the way. I hope you updater soon. I can't wait to see how Erik responds to all of this.
Skyler-A-Teloiv chapter 31 . 1/16/2012
I am SOO glad i found this story! Such a well-written piece, i can SEE these things happening.

I love your Erik, and your Christine is notably better than most.

And i must say, all the secrecy and drama is driving me crazy in the best possible way.

I hope to read more soon!

L8r

SAT
Bayley Storme chapter 31 . 1/14/2012
I haven't read a story in a long time that captivated me so much or kept me up until 3am unable to stop reading! Only sad that it's only this far but I'm sure will be well worth the wait. PLEASE update soon or surly I'll go mad with anticipation! Amazing job! Keep up the good work!
Syri chapter 31 . 12/28/2011
I do love this story, I hope you continue it and update soon! I love when Erik is portrayed as a more mature character rather than just a sobbing mess; I think he would end up growing a thicker skin after all he went through and it's much more interesting to read.

Excellent job with the setting, too, really interesting.
A Rose is a Rose chapter 31 . 12/27/2011
Finally a end to Gilles. He was an intriguing antagonist, with glimpses of humanity; I really enjoyed learning more about the motivations behind his behavior. Bravo to Christine for (barely) managing to rescue herself, rather than playing the damsel in distress freed by Erik's miraculous entrance on the scene.

Thank you for picking this story back up. I'm still anxious to learn more about Erik's untold story and thoughts, and see what's in store for these two.