Reviews for Going Under
gretchless chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
I love this story, you won't believe me but for weeks I've been thinking (as I've been re-reading most the brotherhood stories) that we dont get a lot of Mac-Caleb as their more Winchester and Dean-Caleb focused, so when I started reading this I was happy to see it started out Mac-Caleb with no real Winchester involvement straight away.

I can settle now that I've had my Mac-Caleb fix. I wonder if I can fit in another story before work ? (I'm gonna give it ago lol)

Gemma
Scriptive chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
I absolutely ADORE this story.

:D
Sensue chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Hi Tara.

I read this story a while ago, but realized that I didn't review. (Silly me.)

I really loved this one. It's starting to become my newest favorite, of yours. (See, that separate author list was helpful.)

Honestly, I loved how dean and caleb were connected, even at a young age. That Dean had something 'special' about him too.

The relationship between Mac and Caleb was Aww... You know I love a good Mac/Caleb story!

My favorite quote: As Caleb was loaded onto the dreaded ambulance he found he was having trouble keeping his eyes open. "Dad?" his voice was barely above a whisper now but he wanted to make sure that Mackland was with him. He didn’t want to take this trip but if he was going to then he wanted his father with him. "D...ad?" Where was Mac? He started to sit up in panic. Maybe Mac had decided that he wasn’t worth the trouble and that’s why he suddenly wasn’t around.

That paramedic, Joe, was suddenly in his face trying to stop him from getting up and Caleb was about to tell him where he could stick it when he a felt a familiar hand on his shoulder. "Son, it's okay." Mac soothed sitting down on the bench seat along the side of the ambulance. "Just take it easy."
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Since this is a oneshot, I thought I would review as I go along...

Beginning - they always say that your life flashes before your eyes during a near death experience, too bad Caleb's is so awful! Poor Kid.

I can't stand it! Good job intro'ing Mac, but all I can think is "hurry up! Caleb's life is hanging in the balance!"

Love the dream-scene with Dean. "Dean broke the silence. "I don’t think this is real."" Leave it to Dean. Very cool way to link them together. I also thought it was cool that Dean could hear Mac. What a weird crew!

great job with the medics!

Wow, so I got really wrapped up and forgot to review through the rest of it. i think they are an awesome family! Love Caleb and glad he is okay! He is so good with Dean!
thundever1 chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
Great story, brilliant interactions and characterisations, yay Caleb's okay and Dean got everyone to come to his game.
L. C. Brotherton chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
This was really well-written and insightful, a nice redefinition of family in general. The pacing and description was great. I nearly drowned once, and your depiction of it was frighteningly accurate.
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
I love Caleb stories! This one was a good one!
mk chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
That was a great story! I love to read anything that deals with the Brotherhood and Caleb is my fav. I enjoyed more insight on him. You write them well. Thank You for a great story.
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
I absolutely loved this story. I adored how you wrote both Caleb and Mac, their relationship and their love for one another. Mac's anguish and fears over losing his son just broke my heart, wonderful job capturing such raw emotion.

I smiled when it was Dean that Caleb found to say his goodbyes and to receive comfort from as he was dying. Such a sweet idea and it portrayed how truly special their bond is.

Amazing job as always with the Brotherhood characters.

Cookies for you, write more soon!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
Tara I got to say you have done a great job writing caleb. Ridley and Tidia really spoil us with our little brotherhood stories but you really are jumping right in there and writting them very well. Of course I love any Mac/Caleb story and I think of your video for them as I read this LOL But the way you have Caleb/Dean/Sammy written makes me so happy. I also love the way you have john and mac acting more like brothers then triad leaders... john interupting mac's explaination and then john questioning if mac handled the job...priceless! Great job and can't wait for whats coming up next ...new video or new story i love them all! take care m
ridley chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Tara,

I was so excited when I saw you had posted. The story was so heartfelt, and very descriptive. I felt like I was drowning at one point and we've discussed why I gave Caleb that particular phobia. I really loved your Mackland and the way you wrote his and Caleb's relationship. Excellent as usual. Little Sam was great. My favorite part though had to be the dream sequence with Caleb and Dean. And yeah, you finally got everyone to a ballgame. Thanks so much for sharing!

Ridley
HAP chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Ok, I loved this fic.

1. Mac to the rescue. Not often do we get to see Mac first on the scene (Ok, we probably do get to see it lots, but it's been a while...) And I liked seeing a bit more of the relationship between Caleb and Mac

2. Dean. And baseball. Cos it's cute to think that he did have another love besides his family and wanting to hunt.

I do love these flashbacks into the younger years of Caleb, Dean and Sam! I hope you're thinking up some more great scenarios!
AllieMcD chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
i loved this, i love the bond between caleb and dean, with the dream and them talking after the game this was a really great fic
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Awesome story Tara!

WOW, you had my heart in my throat as Caleb struggled to keep from drowning, knowing that he needed to get out of the water but couldn't. Thank God Mac was there in time to dive in and pull him out, administer the CPR and ave his life!-It was awesome the way he communicated with Dean to give him that little extra push that he needed to survive!

See ya next story!
Tidia chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
I loved the sneak peak, and seeing the finished product is great. Love the ending at the baseball game

Tidia