Reviews for A Village Hidden In Hope
GenoBeast chapter 9 . 10/25/2014
Did Obi-Wan grab a piece of a shadow clone and that was why he got pulled into the seal or simple because simple because his problems with shielding himself from the vortex? I think you made a good effort at getting across why Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon feel so off about Naruto but it is kind of blunted with the fact the audience knows Naruto is practically a pure-spirit carrying around a demon.
FatesShadow83 chapter 9 . 10/25/2014
Brilliant!
Oh I am Slain chapter 9 . 10/25/2014
about thing in terms
about things in terms

Jedi Counsel
Jedi Council

Reviewer's note: Whoops, just realized I started rambling a lot. Ah well.

Well-done with the Obi-wan perspective. If this were a quest, Naruto and Anakin start out as the main characters, so it's fun to see NPCs like Obi-wan taken on a bit of PC flavour too. Obi-wan's great for playing the 'Straight Man' role in fics. The impression I'm getting is that Obi-wan knows himself to be young and inexperienced, but he also has a certain trust in himself and a latent connection with the Force that may be as strong, or even stronger than Qui-Gon's.

Same with the portrayal of Naruto; it was done pretty well this chapter. Oblivious, but has a certain common sense wisdom, and doesn't hesitate to help kids have fun. And little things like Naruto's uncomfortableness with spaceflight help keep him relatable. I assume you were trying to highlight the contrast between Naruto's actions and Obi-wan's perceptions, and you did a good job of that. And of course, Naruto's ninja abilities will be a constant source of confusion for Jedi, which I hope you'll continue using for laughs throughout the story. You totally could have had Obi-wan keep encountering more clones in this chapter, but I think it's appropriate that you keep Naruto's ninja abilities unintentionally hidden from the Jedi for now, so the revelations can be used later for maximum amusement. Actually, this could be a great running gag: Naruto keeps using his ninja abilities in front of the Jedi and his enemies without really hiding them, yet other Force-users either don't notice or continuously try to find alternate explanations (droids, projections, Naruto actually has a bunch of twins, etc.).

As for Qui-Gon, I would be upset with how your Qui-Gon's dealing with the situation, but it's kinda canon that he was pretty darn single-minded in his belief in Anakin at the cost of Obi-Wan's training and mental well-being. So you basically have free rein to either go with his canon blunders or make a few tweaks.

And as for Anakin, I like how you still get him some screentime/mentions, like his chatting with the engineers and his stalking-of-Naruto practice. I'm expecting that Anakin will make radically different choices for many decisions in canon; I'm no child psychology expert, but I would expect having a few years of a community with unconditional love and trust would have worked wonders for him. In canon, besides the mother he had to leave, he was usually in competition with peers both on Tatooine and Coruscant, and people had to prove their competence before he would respect them.

Decent job with Padme and Sabe. I like the little bit about their preparations for presenting their case; it will be great to see them being competent more. Most fics seem to just use them as compassionate girls meant to be shipped with Anakin, Obi-wan, and/or the crossover protagonist. Be careful with their characterizations.

Hrm, part of me is still hoping that Anakin never gets jealous over Padme. I feel like every SW crossover fic with Padme/Someone-not-Anakin has a strong Anakin-jealousy subplot. Would be nice to see something different, but you may have already planned it out. For me at least, it would be quite entertaining if Anakin and Naruto end up arguing because Anakin thinks Naruto would be perfect for Padme, rather than Anakin wanting to date her himself. Little does Qui-Gon know, but the Prophecy actually means that Anakin will become a galaxy-renowned, force-capable matchmaker! :D

Anddddd I'll stop there. Not sure if these musings are useful. Cheers!
OBSERVER01 chapter 9 . 10/25/2014
oh my!obi somehow ends up THAT place!
Tankred chapter 9 . 10/25/2014
Oh snap. Obi-Wan is going to suffer sanity loss from this, I just know it.
SergeantMeow chapter 9 . 10/25/2014
Even after all of these years, I still have find memories of first reading this fic. I think it had stuck out in my memory because truly has been one of the best meldings of the two universes that I've come across. So I was very excited to see that you'd updated again. And you definitely didn't disappoint. This remains a very engrossing fic with a really great plot and solid characterizations, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to read it. I am on pins and needles waiting to see how the Jedi Council reacts to Naruto's presence, what he's able to do in terms of the Naboo resistance, and just how big of a badass he is against a literal army of droids. Or what his senses tell him when he inevitably crosses paths with Palpatine. I bet there are all kinds of plot directions you could go with that last one, especially if he (or Kurama) is able to sense Palpatine's evil intent, because I'm sure Obi Wan would see any attempt to put a stop to Palpatine as an enemy action on Naruto's part.
Marcus Galen Sands chapter 9 . 10/25/2014
Glad to see an update. This is one of the best Star Wars/Naruto fics i've read so i look forward to even new chapter. What i'm really looking forward to is the inevitable chaos that will ensue once Naruto reaches the capital world. The Jedi Council are going to have a fit and Palpatine is going to be torn between seeking out a potential ally and destroying a potential threat. And best of all is the fact that Naruto is blissfully unaware of the effect he's having. That little plot twist alone make this fic an exceptional one.

XD
Scedasticity chapter 9 . 10/25/2014
It is very wrong of me to find Obi-Wan's terror so hilarious and yet I do.
X-Over chapter 9 . 10/25/2014
Glad to see this back. Please write more very soon. Thank you. :)

P.S. You're doing great by the way with the story so far. :)
loopy dane chapter 8 . 10/15/2014
Awesome.
SpaceHead3 chapter 8 . 9/25/2014
This is absolutely completely fantastic! I love it. Please update soon!
rothfyae chapter 8 . 9/20/2014
I've never read a Star Wars x Naruto story before, but after reading yours, I know that my standards regarding the category are very high!
Mr.Black64 chapter 6 . 9/19/2014
Been dying for an update. When i get bored enough i always come back and read this story again.

Want to see an arguement between Naruto and Anakin where Naruto confronts Anakin, asking how he can call someone that mind raped his mother "Master". Because it looks like Shmi and Naruto figured out what Jinn did to her.
Gundum M chapter 8 . 9/17/2014
great chapter.
sumwhriblong chapter 8 . 9/15/2014
Great update!
Loved this story. One of the best starwars crossovers that i have read. Naruto's jutsus are very limited in this story i hope that you take care of that in the future.
1,332 | « Prev Page 1 .. 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 .. Last Next »