Reviews for The Pirate In The Doll
traveling-imagination chapter 1 . 4/17
Never read a horror one piece before. Looking forward to it.
Good characterisation of zoro and sanji
Panda.blackwhite chapter 6 . 1/22
I don't like sad stories, but I read this, because I'm a masochist like that. I felt really bad at the ending, but I figure that's just how horror stories go.
The story is written so well, I'm gonna leave the light on tonight and go back under the safety of my blanket.
Guest chapter 6 . 8/25/2015
This is the second time I read this.

And my heart broke a second time.

I blame you.

Why is this well written...!? Why can't I hate it!? I blame you. The mystery, the suspense, the tragedy... You surprised me, and I like to be surprised when I read.

The ending is so frustrating. So sad. I want to scream. :'(
DID NOT SEE THAT COMING
AT ALL
IT HIT ME LIKE A WRECKING BALL
WHUT HOLY SHIT

After finishing this story, I stand by my original assessment. This story is the BEST I've read from the fandom yet. Plot driven, characters fleshed out, suspenseful, absolutely gripping with every word. It had me internally (and externally) screaming at the characters for so many reasons. I was screaming at Sanji for his stupid pride and lack of common sense for buying a creepy ass doll (which was later explained beautifully why he did it), at Zoro /for/ his common sense unlike Sanji (your common sense betrays you here Zoro, this shitty duo of devastation), and the duo striking again for arguing with each other when there's a menace in the room (what the hell guys) AND ZORO FOR LEAVING (DON'T ABANDON SANJI, NOT AGAAAAAAAAIN I BELIEVE IN YOU ZORO SOB) and then how Robin appeared and I thought it was a lil suspicious like one of those witches in stories that appears too conveniently to instruct the hero on what they should do and the flash of hope AND THEN THE UTTER DESPAIR. AFTER HAVING MY HEART IN MY THROAT FOR SO LONG YOU'VE FINALLY MANAGED TO MAKE ME HACK IT OUT.

READ IT IN ONE GO. SUCH A FUCKING PERFECT STORY.
Nerisel chapter 2 . 4/5/2014
I'm forgetting how to breathe. This story is damn INTENSE.
Nerisel chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Goddamn, THIS STORY HAS ME BY THE /THROAT/. I was only half way through the first chapter and I could already tell that this was going to be my favourite One Piece fanfic of all the ones that I've read and will ever read. I don't normally read Horror because so few people can do it justice, sometimes it just drags on and on and on until the frightening aspect is all but gone but with this story; the pacing is just right. It moves quickly without skimping the details and I can't count the number of times my breath hitched and screamed at Sanji to listen to his instincts and OMG bloody idiot, why did you buy that creepy doll for?

XD Just had to get that off my chest. Now, onto the rest of the story. *rubs hands together in glee*
denOden chapter 6 . 1/14/2014
God, the ending is PERFECT! now I wonder about another AU which somewhat like a sequel to this story but with happy ending, you know, simply because I want to see Law as Robin's brother, a warlock or a wizard, and the most important is as Kid's boyfriend, lolz, thank you for a such wonderful story!
kage999 chapter 2 . 11/1/2013
Wtf if sanji was normal he'd have slept in zoro's room. Seriously I don't get how seeing an indent on your bed and seeing no visible person there...I would sell the apartment or go sleep somewhere else immediately
PiratePigeon chapter 6 . 5/27/2013
I'm sad right now :(
It was a really, really great story, but the ending was so sad...
random person chapter 6 . 4/23/2013
0.0 Wha. . .?
seatides chapter 6 . 4/16/2013
So uh...6 years since you wrote this fic, and I finally stumbled upon it haha.
I really loved your story. It was so...horrific. And wonderfully suspenseful. I thought your characters were done really well...well, with the exception of Gin because he's supposed to be insane... but otherwise, I thought you kept to their characters.
Buuuut the ending had me so unsatisfied! Don't get me wrong, I loved the twist, it's just that I was hoping that Zoro and Sanji would be free of the curse... I mean, they're basically doomed to repeat their fate for an eternity. Every life they're going to live, they're going to meet, fall in love, deny their feelings, and just when they could be freed (if Robin was telling the truth about Zoro's confession unbinding Sanji from Gin - still not really sure how that works either, but I guess that's the appeal of mystery, eh?), they get tricked into another cycle! So it's not just a tragic lifetime, it's a tragic eternity! I wanted them to at least have a bittersweet ending! Like, maybe Sanji was still "alive" like he was in that past incident, Zoro confesses, has his feelings returned silently, and hopefully Robin was telling the truth and then the curse would break, Sanji dies, and they would finally be able to love each other in their next life...Not...not this soul crushing tragedy T_T.
Anyway, even though your romantic moments were very brief, they were very sweet at the same time. The whole caress and slap thing was adorable.
Regardless of how the ending was not to my preferences, I thought your story was awesomely done, brutally suspenseful, and a freaking tear jerker. My soul is crying right now.
I hope life is going well for you, and I hope to see more of your updates (because your other One Piece story is seriously the bomb), but if I don't, I just want to say that you have an excellent imagination, and thank you for sharing your stories with us :)
Chromaticist chapter 6 . 1/10/2013
This story... I have no words for.
misc-13 chapter 6 . 12/10/2012
TTTT
can't...
take it...
it's
too
SAD D:
but it was written too well! I haven't read any stories with sad endings for a while so I forgot how sad they are
The emotion written in this story was so perfect !
ARG WHY!
jdiabla chapter 6 . 11/24/2012
I Absolutely love this. I love the ending, I love the story and I love the sadism. O.O LOVE!
Nanashi XIII chapter 5 . 9/2/2012
...Any chance you could send me a link to the full version?