Reviews for 3: Man Down
争取和平。是,你打算实现的吗?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
不要怪别人做过的事情。你看着镜子?停止这么多管闲事!
truegold-dragonstar chapter 6 . 10/19/2008
This one's great! It's always really interesting to look at something familiar from a different point of view, and I think you did a great job with the total incompatability between the way Mark looks at a mission and the way the base controllers do. I really liked the Mark/Jason interations, too; they've moved on some way from the slightly edgy, confrontational stance they had towards each other when they first met in 'Reconstruction', and I love the way Mark wants to help Jason and just knows there's no point trying until he asks for it - they're friends now, and they're comfortable with each other, and it shows. Same at the beginning, when Jason is quite clearly frantic with worry. It's the way he goes 'I didn't hurt him, did I?' that just makes me smile. And the way he tears strips off Mark for behaving stupidly even though Mark's severely concussed and really has no idea what's going on.

Also really loved Mark's (totally unconscious and understandable) hypocrisy - 'Grant, don't even think about interfering with G2' becomes 'Dammit, we've got to do SOMETHING!'. Again, this is a question of perspective; Grant's side of things is something that Mark's never come across before, and he's only just realising how hard it is. Again, you're showing that the team are still very young; they don't seem it when they're doing their own thing that they know well, but they don't necessarily think very hard about other people. It's more obvious with Jason's attitude to Grant than with Mark, but I agree that Jason is that bit less mature. And it's nice the way your AU is so consistent: Jason's nervous and touchy when in command, and he'll never send anyone off alone, and I can see the repercussions from your earlier stories filtering through - especially since Mark doesn't know that stuff, so it's nice when it's him noticing the effects (plus another little hint about the fact that Mark and Jason are actually quite close now). Muchos kudos.

Was a little confused about Princess and Keyop and the remote detonations - if they're together, why do they need to detonate each others' charges? They can do their own and it'll make almost no difference.

OK, have just rambled for a long time, probably not even usefully... will be back!

t-d
Math Girl chapter 6 . 12/31/2007
Could Anderson get implants to help heal up from his heart attack? Not that I miss him, or anything, but it might be the only way that an organization like ISO would keep him on the job. I mean, what if he has another, this time at a critical moment? It's a stressful position, being Security Chief.

Meanwhile, sounds like the rest of the team had quite a hot time dealing with the Spectran asteroid missile launch site. Where did it turn out to be?

Your intersecting planes idea got me to thinking about that giant "cold spot" radio astronomers have noticed way out in the back of the cosmic beyond; almost no stars, galaxies, dust or dark matter. Pretty much, just void. String theorists think it might be the sign of another universe bumping into ours. Wonder if that would happen at a plane intersection?

Anyhow, great story. Fun to read.

Math Girl chapter 5 . 12/31/2007
"They also serve, who only stand and wait." Yeah, it stinks to be the ones left behind, staring at the clock. Doesn't make the job any less important, and might make a better commander out of Mark.

Looking forward to finding out what took place on the mission itself, so off to the next chapter, I go.

PS- That was cool, the "Mary had a little lamb, its fleece was white as snow" test transmission idea. Lots of interesting technicl details in this one.

Math Girl chapter 4 . 12/28/2007
Ah! So we have two or more intersecting planes, upon which a number of possible launch points happen to lie. Which means that conceivably the missiles *could* be coming from outside of G Force's universe. So the team are going up there to check out the possible launch points that lie on both of these intersecting planes, and it is the fact that there are two spaces colliding which caused Sheridan's projected metric to look so weird. The field lines are all wonky. Gotcha.

Mark makes a fair replacement for Anderson. Don't suppose he's interested in keeping the job,is he?

Math Girl chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
Two thoughts: First, with the attacks being atypical for Spectra and seeming to be mere adaptations of Earth technology, it sounds like an inside job; especially when you consider that Mark is out due to a crash, Anderson (and really, who misses him?) is down with a 'minor' heart attack, and Jason being pushed beyond the ragged edge of exhaustion. Someone close to home is up to something, would be my guess.

Second, I'm visualing Sheridan's projected metric, and wondering if it represents a map of jump locations. By coplanar, Jason indicates that the to-and-from jump points must be located on the same plane? As in, you could stretch a giant sheet of paper between them? Does this mean that jumping is impossible between different universes, or between three points in rapid succession not located in the same flat region of space? Would the ability to calculate a jump break down around a singularity, where space is highly curved? (Well, never mind. Bad question; everything else breaks down there, including the laws of physics.)

How exactly does the system of jump-guidance work? Are there wormholes or warps involved? I figure Spica worked up the technology, but it's fascinating to think about.

PS: Tired or not, Jason rocks.

Math Girl chapter 2 . 12/28/2007
Hm... they're having an awful lot of trouble with communications and security codes. Has the G Force computer system been hacked?

In other news, it's nice to see Mark and Jason getting along, if not being outright chummy. They're both strong-willed young men, with the potential to become great friends and comrades.

Good job, Cath, and on to the next update! :)

Math Girl chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Excellent way to begin the story, Cath, right in the midst of the action. Sounds like poor Mark is in for some serious bed rest and down time, while the G1 itself is going to need major repair.

And, I have to agree with your previous reviewer that it is characterization and dialogue which lift your stories above the level of most others. I've been enjoying them for some time, and look forward to much more.

k chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
This story deserves some reviews. I'm finding your AU very interesting. It's clear you've taken the time to put some thought in to the mechanics of it. I was introduced to BOTP by your Disaster in the South Pacific cross-over and the characters there intrigued me enough to start looking in to the fandom. You've given the TV characters new depth without changing the personalities that make us love them. I've read your stories on your homepage, and have to say this is one of my favourites.