Reviews for Larry's Obsession Charlotte's Loss
DoofusPrime chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Nerd love is the most magical kind of love.

Okay, I considered letting that be the only thing I said in the review, but I guess that's a bit corny. :) Good story, I enjoyed it, especially the ending. Charlotte's physical description - including the 'bespectacled succubus' line - was great.

I always thought the awkwardness between Larry and Charlotte on the show was amusing, especially considering how briefly we see either of those two characters, so it was cool to read a story that expanded on it a little. Thanks!
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Through a link at a website for the Phantom (The Ghost Who Walks) (I don't think I could find it again if my life depended on it) I went to Ronheartbreaker's story, "The Gift of the Dungeon Magi". He said your story inspired his.

Manefique! And from what cpneb says, there's a whole collection of stories about the peripheral characters.

A very sweet story. Written with proper grammer. (that sounds so elitist) Reminiscent of Doug Funnie and Patty Mayonaise. Or even Kim and Ron themselves.

Or hearkening back further, to a more classical source-and more pertinent, because the two principals constantly bicker, Beatrice, and Benedick from Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.

A fav.

Magnifique! And from what cpneb says, there's a whole collection of stories about the peripheral characters.

A very sweet story. Written with proper grammar. (that sounds so elitist) Reminiscent of Doug Funnie and Patty Mayonnaise. Or even Kim and Ron themselves.

Or hearkening back further, to a more classical source-and more pertinent, because the two principals constantly bicker, Beatrice, and Benedick from Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing". (Now THERE'S an idea for a fic-for some enterprising writer.)

A fav.
Slyrr chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
I liked this one a lot. I always thought Larry got the short end of the stick in terms of how he was treated on the show, and getting a closer look into his life was nice. Even hearing more about Charlotte was good for a change of pace. Rivalry between two 'geeks' is always fun to read and or watch. For evidence, simply try watching an episode of "The Big Bang Theory". And people do have a deep connection to their pets. I'm not sure how cats to that though, having never owned one. From all I observe, they're kind of indifferent to their owners and do a lot of scratching. There's the whole purring thing, but still...

Anyhoo, an excellent read. Hope it gets lots of good buzz...
Ran Hakubi chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Wow, such sweet sugary fluff of the nerd kind. You did a great job with this story. Very well done indeed. And it proves that you don't need Kim or Ron or Shego or anyone else to write a great, solid KP fic.

Keep on writing in the free world
Ogehsim chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Awesome story! You have such an amazing grasp of the characters, and you have a very nice balance of narration and dialogue. Keep it up!
cpneb chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Welcome to KP FanFic. If you keep this up, I won't be known anymore for mastering minor characters: I'll be the guy that you replaced.

I'm a dialogue hog, but you have shown here that it can be a well-placed garnish to a wonderful main dish of a story. I can feel Larry's anxieties as he searches for her to no avail, and I can feel his fear, relief, and pseudo-anger when he finds her, just as I can feel her sorrow in her loss, even before she says why she's been hiding.

So little dialogue, but each word of it is like a force beam from the Revenge in Captain Constellation: powerful, yet surgical.

“I said I just lost my best friend, that's what!” In 10 words, Charlotte unloads her anger, her sorrow, and tells Larry why she's withdrawn from the world, and Larry begins a journey into a new frontier.

"My Dad died." In 3 words, Larry tells Charlotte what he's been hiding all these years and tells her, at the same time, that he understands.

She let him. In 3 final words, Charlotte tells Larry that he is now a card-carrying member of the exclusive Friends of Charotte club. I'll bet there are two people smiling in the dark in that theatre. There is certainly one smiling down in Texas.

Well done, my friend: well done.

...cpneb