Reviews for Remorse
Anna chapter 1 . 5/15
I don't hate Dumbledore, I actually like him but some things I can't let go. The way he treated Snape makes me want to punch the man in the face. It really does.
BlueWater5 chapter 1 . 6/12/2015
Nicely written.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Truly a great story!
FearOfDeathIsIllogical chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
A great story. Very well written.
RB chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
OOoooh I like your version so much more than JKRs.
Gabi1994 chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
*Cries* your work is wonderful, I was always a little skeptical of Dumbledore trusting his life/death to a man who felt remorseful about his childhood best friend get killed. I knew there had to be more...backstory and you've given me exactly what I wanted.
Anon chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Wow, just wow. The way your wrote Severus Snape's dialogue here, the power of his words, truly remarkable. I greatly enjoyed reading your story.
Eirann4ever chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Hello Leraiv Snape,

I'm french and I love Snape character and the pairing SS/HG. I found your story this weekend and I think it's absolutely incredible. It's really great and the confrontation Snape-Dumbledore is amazing.

Your explanation regarding the snape's horcruxe is very credible and more believable that the Lily theory alone.

It's really well written very good and very dark.

Thanks very much for this excellent story.

Eirann4ever
Gamebird chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Very good, very, very good! Thanks for writing this.
Sinkme chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
very powerful. i think you definitely captured both dumbledore and snape and how they might have handled snape's defection and his start as a spy. i like how you portrayed dumbledore- since for all his supposed 'goodness' he was prejudiced and he did screw snape over in his sixth year but he did it with goals in mind. and i think that's the key and that's one of the best things you got across- everything that dumbledore does he does for the greater good of the future...to ensure the order has the best chance of winning and he loses sight of the here and now from time to time. (sorry for my dumbledore character rant/writing praise). well done
goldenlilies chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
its brilliant, the type of thing i imagined had happened
Horserider chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Great story! I'd love to see this extended to years later too, to have some bearing on what develops between Snape and Hermione in the SS/HG realm. That would be very interesting as well. What would Hermione say or do upon discovering such a thing about Snape?

~HR
PrincessTilly chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Very interesting take on horcruxes. I wonder though would it require intention to free the soul rather than remorse on its own - or was Snape's request to destroy the horcrux intention enough?
lipasnape chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
Good strong story. I agree that love for Lily could not have been Snape's only motivation. Trigger, perhaps, but hardly a driving force during two decades.
shyfoxling chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Cool, creative alternative idea for why Dumbledore was so convinced that Severus had truly repented. Hard to deny a magical result like that, eh. :) Good job on the dramatic tension, too, and Dumbledore's manipulativeness.

Two quibbles...

"Graduate" is apparently only correct for university in Britain, and not secondary school. In any event we never see any kind of culminating ceremony at Hogwarts, although the only 7th year-completer our POV characters ever really know is Percy, and they're not too friendly with him, so maybe that's a plausible explanation for why not.

Although it would have been much more logical for the Shrieking Shack incident to have taken place in sixth year and I think pretty much all of fandom always assumed that through HBP, in DH we're shown that it was before Snape's Worst Memory, which means it had to have been sometime earlier in fifth year, between Sirius's sixteenth birthday (whenever that is) and the OWLs.

Of course you can always just say "so what?" and be cheerfully slightly AU :) It's still a very good story.