Reviews for Avatar the Last Airbender: The First Step
Incredible on how similar this is so far to the episode and this was before it aired! Takes a great mind to know the characters well enough to make it that close to accurate.
Goikuchan chapter 10 . 8/1
*claps*
I enjoyed this story so much and each chapter just urged me to continue on reading to the end! Your writing is excellent and very pleasant to read. I could really picture the events happening while reading. Plus, you kept all characters perfectly in character and didn't rush the slowly growing acceptance between Zuko and the Gaang (I love the way Zuko continued to call Aang 'Avatar' instead of his actual name.)
Most of all, there was no real ROMANCE in this story, which is a rare thing for Avatar fics. And as much as romance (with realistic canon ships) is a part of Avatar, that I don't mind, it was a nice change.
Hmm, interesting take. You have Zuko come across as more headstrong and fiery-tempered than the show, which I like...though he also seems (ostensibly, of course) a fair bit less guilt-ridden too. Wonder how the rest of the gang would take that?
Emilytopstorm chapter 11 . 5/26/2013
Those people are always hungry. Really I think zuko should get hurt in one these chapters with katatara caring for him and falling in love.
Automail-gHost chapter 11 . 10/8/2012
More! MORE I SAY! I need more of this awesomeness! XD

I wondered what this was going to be like as an AU but I didn't know what to expect. But from the get-go you captvated my attention and made me love every word! I can't wait for your next update but I do hope it's soon, my sanity depends on it! XD
CastleScribe chapter 9 . 9/30/2012
I don't think creating a flame would be referred to as 'bending'. Nor would creating a shield out of fire. With the other elements you could probably use it, as in 'he bended the water into a shield'.
That's my opinion anyway.
I'm enjoying your story, so keep up the good work!
CaptainOzone chapter 11 . 7/20/2012
This was great! As I've told you before, I haven't read an Avatar fic yet, and I'm really glad I have now. You wrote everyone wonderfully in character, and most impressive of all, you captured the changes in Zuko perfectly. It was rather incredible how closely some of the speeches Zuko, Aang, and Katara made in this fic resemble the ones in the actual episode. :)
Malgraw chapter 11 . 5/18/2012
I've got to say, this is one of the most well written Avatar fanfics I have ever read. I loved how differently you made the plot progress and how original it was :)

It wasn't forced or took too log to get to the point. You don't see these kind of things nowadays much so I'm glad I found this

I wish you would write more fanfics for Avatar: The Last Airbender (I don't like the Legend of Korra too much, too modern and different and I miss Aang and everyone) because you absolutely kick ass at writing :)

And no long descriptions that take up half my screen to describe a simple leaf or forest, so you're awesome
aiden-sneezes chapter 11 . 5/22/2010
Wai, update! :) Please! That was a good story and many readers and I sure would like another chapter! :)
IOTR chapter 11 . 5/9/2010
Very nice story so far! I like how you wrote Toph's rescue.
The One Called Demetra chapter 11 . 4/24/2009
I declare you superior to canon.

-couldn't stand the actual 3:12-

-D
Tony WildRiver chapter 11 . 3/24/2009
Oh most excellent! It is always fun to see people's thoughts on stuff before the episodes came out. This is definitely a keeper. _
Mirrorfaced chapter 11 . 9/20/2008
Okay, I'll say it. I really like stories where Zuko joins Aang & Co. that have good, hostile conflict. (: Of course I'd like this, and it's not a freaky romance, so I'm very happy. I think I saw a few technical errors, but I'm not sure. I've been going between fics and my new copy of Brisingr, so, lawl.
kittykat710 chapter 8 . 5/19/2008
Hello. This has been an interesting story so far, however, I'd like to say that "leachy nuts" are actually spelled "lychee" or "litchi." If you could correct it, that would be great. Just a minor detail. Please keep up the good work.
ishmaranara chapter 11 . 12/26/2007
A good ending place indeed. I enjoyed Zuko speech, very well patterned.