Reviews for Music Box Doll
Leean216 chapter 38 . 10/8/2015
I like this story. It's one of those stories I've read a long time ago and still remember from the back of my head. I also liked the sequel too. Unfortunately, you don't have it anymore, which sucks for me cuz I wanted to read it.
Tear Droplet chapter 38 . 7/2/2015
I think this story was pretty good for a part 1. I'm really looking forward to a part 2 but I don't think you ever posted it. "turnabout is a fairgame"...sounds like a reference to ace attorney?
Guest chapter 23 . 6/22/2015
Fuck this story man...why does every story that could be good have to make Rinoa out to be a slut with Seifer? You are a stupid sick fuck man, just stop writing you can't do it well enough, thanks for wasting my time I could have been playing a game instead of reading this trash, fuck you
Rago Dragovian chapter 38 . 8/30/2011
Man, this was definitely one of the better AU Rinoa x Squall stories. Great job. Everybody felt very in-character and the story felt really well done as far as Rinoa and Squall's characterizations and depth.
Galneryus chapter 17 . 8/10/2010
wow Rinoa had it hard
Galneryus chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
awesome
morbid333 chapter 38 . 6/11/2010
Since I'd read the summery to part two, I already knew about the layer thing, but if I hadn't, I'm sure I'd find it quite random.

I enjoyed this story. I was captivated, even, although you did have quite a few grammatical errors and/or typos. Those were a distraction and there's no way of getting around that fact. I'm not implying that you or the story are bad, I'm just stating a point. Typos are a distraction. Forgivable, but distracting nonetheless.

When I began readong this, it was merely out of curiosity, but you soon had me hooked to your words like a fish to a baited line. I can't say I think it's the most original concept (though I could be wrong) but it is a good one. I'll be sure to read part two.
morbid333 chapter 23 . 6/11/2010
Would you believe I've been waiting near enough 23 chapters for Seifer to do that? What was with the 'take yourself home' business? I wasn't expecting that.

You know, I could chastise your minimilist take on detail for that particular sequence, but in actuality, it really worked well as symbolism of Rinoa's inebriation.
SquinoaStories chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Your story is by far the best FFVI story on fanfiction. I remember reading it the first time and I couldn't stop reading and it was great! But I stopped reading it last year or something cuz i think u stopped posting chapters for a awhile, anyway I recently decided to check out fanfiction cuz I myself havent login for ages, and I forgot how amazing this story was...Imma read it all over again! Thx for an amazing story, just wanna tell ya! :]
asocks chapter 38 . 1/6/2010
I liked it, I liked it a lot. Not just because you're a good and observant writer, but also partly because it had a bit of a British flavour to it, it made it so much more believable for this here Brit.

The plot was a very original take on a Squinoa - many fics focus on how Rinoa saves Squall from himself and changes his life, but what if the shoe was on the other foot?

Although I have to admit, the way the story was told was very realistic and I found it quite depressing at times, the fluffy bits didn't provide much of a distraction from the bitterness of Rinoa's situation... Stuck with friends who don't especially care about her, a father who doesn't have time for her, a guy who is only after one thing and she is completely blank as to her ambitions... In fact, she is almost... Relieved o.o; to have mercenaries hired to keep her company.

So yes! It was a wee bit depressing. But all the same, I'm hooked now! I'm heading straight for the sequel... See ya there?
PisceanReve chapter 38 . 9/21/2009
*claps* very good :)

The fact that I got through the whole thing means that I liked it enough to continue-trust me, that's so rare!

Everyone was in character which can be very hard! (Well, ok, Ellone was out of character, but I still liked it so it was good)

Grammar was pretty good, very few typos

I like Selphie and Rinoa's friendship and how Squall and Rinoa slowly fell for each other

I guess one thing I didn't quite feel was the fire or the suspense. Me going "Oh...My...God...what the hell's gonna happen?" but I still squealed so you get points for that! The omg thing is actually even rarer than me reading a fanfic through-I've only done it for 4 Squinoa fics (two written by the same author) if you want examples: The Force by Peridotaurora and Lost Memories of my Love by lil doro

Don't get me wrong, you're fanfic is one of my favorites out of the Squinoa I've read, trust me-it's really good!

I'm looking forward to reading your sequel :)
SakuraJade chapter 38 . 6/23/2009
Hm, kind of random ending but since there is a sequel then I guess it's okay lol That's cool Selphie joined SeeD, I knew she could do more with herself :) But I am curious to know how Irvine feels about it and if they are still dating since it will clearly be long distance now.I guess I'll have to check out your sequel when I get a chance! Despite the length of this fic it never once got boring or started dragging so excellent job on that. It helpd my attention the whole way through. Overall this story was awesome, great job and thanks for completing it! _
SakuraJade chapter 31 . 6/22/2009
Lol I loved that last line about Rinoa's love life never being classy before so why start now? hahaha So they've finally gotten their feelings out in the open :) I'm glad Ellone is okay too.
SakuraJade chapter 30 . 6/22/2009
Finally! Rinoa's seen the light! Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic but still lol It's about time she wanted to step up to the plate and decide for herself where she's going in life and how she's going to get there etc. I also enjoyed learning things we didn't know about that happened earlier in the story. Like how Ellone gave Squall the advice to be patient with her and explained that she was a normal 17 yr old and not a SeeD. I also liked learning about how Squall's opinion of Rinoa has been turned around and how he compared the way he originally thought of her to the he thought of her now. It was a good way to explain things, how she wasn't being a wild child, she was just getting out there and trying everything in case it disappeared again. Very good way of looking at it.
SakuraJade chapter 29 . 6/22/2009
I forgot to mention that Ellone's card was pretty fun (her b-day card from a couple of chapters or so ago). And I know how you feel about writing about work, I do it all the time myself with my fanfics lol I worked at Target for 4 years while in college and stuff that happened there always tends to find its way into my stories. But people love drama and the place was full of it so it worked hehehehe

Anyway, back to this chapter. They finally kissed! whoot whoot! Very sweetly done :) I can't believe how gutsy Rinoa was! They really are adorable aren't they? Even though they are just characters from a video game lol