Reviews for Fearless Breathing
cute:)
RowdyRomantic chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
very nice!
WriterC chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
I'm repeating myself, but this was again brilliant! A thing I thought of just after I'd finished the review for Dying To Catch My Breath, is the following, which also pertains to this oneshot.

What stands out to me, is that in your stories (these two at least) you don't describe how beautiful Booth and Brennan think the other is. Most - fairly all - other stories do indulge in these physical descriptions, but their beauty is not what's essential in their relationship. It's the mental connection, which you convey dead-on. There are many physically attractive people whom they could date, but the reason they choose each other has nothing to do with that, and I think that's the way it should be and that's where the strenghth of their relationship lies, what makes it so special. Lol, I hope I'm making sense here ;).

Anyway, I'll be sure to read your other stories as well for I'm thoroughly enjoying your writing.

Catherine
thewhiterose3 chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
And now the kiss. An amazing balance of passion and respect. I thoroughly enjoyed the continuation.
bandbforever chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Wow! Niah that was amazing! You have so much talent. This is a fantastic add on to Dying To Catch My Breath. I loved that it was Brennan who started things. This is a really powerful one-shot and you wrote it brilliantly. I think you managed to capture the characters' personalities perfectly. :D
BonesDBchippie chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
niah

I KNOW I know! I said how excited I was that you were doing a sequel of sorts and COULD hardly wait!...And in my defense I DID read it right away [yes, I'm still doing the copy fics to my disc and read when I can't get to the net since my wireless port on my laptop is still broke] but I forgot to do my reviews as *real life* crept up on me and forgot what was on my disc! So NOW I'm trying to clean up my review mess!

IT was...MAGNIFICIENT! To quote Booth: "You handled this whole thing quite beautifully. You knew exactly what to say"! EVERYTHING was laid out so PERFECTLY! From her going to see him and asking him "to be home" to her to his reluctance to make it all happen and back away, to Brennan asking again and him gazing into her eyes for confirmation that "this" is truly what she wanted. The entire meeting was so perfectly orchestrated and totally made me melt into a HUGE puddle of sticky-sweet-syrpy-gooey GOO!

Your desdriptives were FABULOUS! I almost drown in that goo when I read "Deeper...closer...more...She needed more. She needed to forget who they were, what they had gone through until there was nothing left but Booth and his enticing kisses. Her head spun and the ache in her chest tightened...tightened and tightened...squeezed all the air out of her lungs until, without any warning, it burst free." OMGAWD that was BEAUTIFUL! And their "impulse" was quite dreamy, I must say! OF course Booth HAD to come to his senses and decide they needed to do things "properly"! DAMN! Oo-kay, okay! I'll reluctantly agree they should take things slow-YES they'd waited this long...I suppose GOOD things come to those who wait! UGH! *wink* LOV'D how you so eloquently ended it with him telling her "You're home now"-ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! SO glad you revisited that universe and graced us with another FANTASIC meaningful, romantic B&B fic! NICELY done!

MERRYHAPPYHOHO!

G :D
nanenu chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
What can I say, I just love your stories. And of course this is no exeption. It is a perfect sequel to Dying to catch my breath. They both went a long way so far, even with a little help from Angela!

Great work!
kmmp99 chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
Here I am again sitting in AWE! Excellent, EXCELLENT writing! Now, I must do the *dance of joy* because I'm so happy you revisited DTCMB! Truly a GREAT addition to the series! You know, I wouldn't mind reading other "additions" to the DTCMB series *hint* *hint* ;)
fanofbones chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
lacey...I'm just a puddle here from the fluff..

I absolutely loved it and love you girl..

beautifully written with so many great parts...

God the descriptions/imagery amazing

the whole thing with every word...the small touches you threw in just a joy to read..

hugs sweetie adored it...you just have a way...

fab
labsquint chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
For starters, I’m thrilled you came back to the DtCMB universe. I loved that story and am happy to see a little epilogue tying up the final B/B loose end. So thanks for that. I also love the way the song lyric tied in with the ‘breathing’ theme.

The first thing that caught me off guard was the time stamp. So much time has gone by since the original story. The original story implied them moving forward, so I didn’t expect that they would be so much further along chronologically, but not emotionally. You have once again tied in the breathing theme effectively, conveying Brennan’s emotions as a function of her breath and linking this epilogue back into the original story.

I liked the way you explained their situation. Their time out on the road (m…Booth on a Harley…there’s a nice memory!) was an oasis for them, a time when they were separated from everyone and everything else except each other. But once they came back, they unwittingly slid back into their old ways when a complex and long running case came their way, engulfing all their time and attention. And once that was over, they seemed to not know where to go from there. Good thing that Brennan had the guts to come over and face Booth, because Booth has obviously pulled back, assuming that she has lost interest. He tries to place a distance between them both physically and emotionally for his own protection because he is obviously still mentally involved.

But luckily Brennan isn’t buying this. Twice she uses the phrase ‘be home to me’. For her, these are words that are tantamount to ‘I love you’. She’s really sticking her neck out here, but I think she’s knows that she’s really in safe hands, which is why she has the strength to do it, even though it clearly makes her nervous.

And Booth finally sees where her heart truthfully lies and they take that final step forward. And mid-kiss, it seems for Brennan that she emotionally realizes that she really is home and any remaining awkwardness or shyness disappears. And then things really take off. Until Booth has the presence of mind to stop (are you sure you didn’t want to let them keep going and turn this into an ‘M’ rated fic? : ) ).

The last words of the fic were nicely done. Booth is so intuitive that he knows that she must have had some help figuring out what to say and would also know who she would go to for that help. Angela would have been thrilled to lend a hand. Even if the words were mostly Brennan’s, I’m sure Angela gave her the final push of confidence to send her on to way to see Booth.

And the final close out of the fic: “You’re home now.” What a lovely way to end it off with Booth echoing her own words back to her.

Thanks for coming back to the DtCMB universe to finish off this story. It was mostly complete before, but this is the perfect wrap up to an already wonderful tale. Very, very well done!
krisnina77 chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
Ok so I actually read this last night but since my cat decided that my lap looked nice and toasty and apparentely comfortable I wasn't able to reach my keyboard to review. So I thought I would do it now while I had the opportunity. I really liked this ficlet it's almost like a miniture sequal to the other fic. But what I thought was totally funny was that you were inspired by the song Teardrop which I had just downloaded last weekend after hearing it on the Assasins Creed video game commercial and totally loving it. It's kind of weird really. But I guess what I am trying to say is that I totally loved this fic.
Amasayda chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
Oh Anya ... :-) that was a nice little thing ... you came back to Dying to Catch My Breath and then started writing about a point that I had been asking myself numerous questions about, when you ended the story!

I found it wonderful ... it was lovely ... the sentence "I want you to be home to me" is so simple and again so great ... very perfect.

I also liked the fact that it was Brennan coming to Booth and not the other way around.

I loved the fact that the two got a little carried away ... and you wrote it - so, I didn't have to make things up in my mind, but I could simply read it! :-)

Thanks again ... even though you might not be all supportive of this piece, I love it! :-)
lena chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
wow!
mumrulz chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Dying To Catch My Breath is one of my all time favourite stories, and I was left wanting more when it ended. I wanted to know if they did become "something" more, home to each other.

So thank you for giving me closure with this one shot. I loved it!(Although I crave more than a one shot LOL)

I was a bit surprised by how long it took them to finally come to their senses :-) especially after the emotional bonding that they shared after their injuries and the time they spent together on the road healing.

Also liked the fact that it was Brennan who ended up taking the initiative and came to Booth.

Once again it was beautifully written and I look forward to reading more of your stories.
RedRoses18 chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
Oh that was PERFECT, Niah! Absolutely brilliant!

Your writing is so fantastic, and this was the perfect ending to a perfect story! I really love the fact that you didn't have them jump right in to things, but the passion you wrote into this was so clear!

Awesome work, as ALWAYS! :) xoxo