Reviews for The Outsiders
TraSan chapter 10 . 12/10/2007
Oh, so what is Sam thinking about this latest development?

And for Heaven's sake Bobby, hurry up!
gidgetgal9 chapter 10 . 12/10/2007
Sam loves Dean so much and it shows in this chapter- his determination to save him even though he is half dead.

You broke my heart with this part!

Asher didn’t even have to touch Dean and he would be scarred for life. “If you can’t level with me, at least level with yourself. Isn’t it true that since John gave his life so you could live, you’ve wished Sam had never been born? Then Mary and John would still be alive and Sam never would have walked out on you. You’d be the perfect, little happy family.”

Asher tapped the cigar littering the floor with ashes. “Admit it Dean. You sometimes wish Sam was out of the picture.”

Yes, if he were completely honest with himself, there were times when he wanted his parents back so badly he would have traded anything for them. “I want my parents back. Who wouldn’t? I…” Dean cut off the thought before he could speak it aloud.

So now you need to fix my broken heart- please~! ;0)
rozzy07 chapter 9 . 12/10/2007
Dean's confession to Sam about their dad's last words were heartbreaking, not just in the retelling but in the reaction it evoked in Sam. His unconditional love for Dean turned his dad's word to anger at the thought of leaving him with such a burden. That hug he wrapped around Dean brought tears to my eyes. And then Sam's heartbroken question literally just shredded what reserves of a stiff upper lip I had left:

“I know he’s gone and I need to let it go but did he really have so little faith in me?”

A beautifully crafted chapter, hinting at the end of some form of hope for the Winchester boys as a realisation hits Sam deep about the role his brother can now play.
ziggy.uk chapter 9 . 12/10/2007
Not surprised Dean wanted a motel room with just the 2 of them and decided not to go stay at Bobby's, and got away from the town they had been in!

So Sam had deduced that the key to defeating Asher is Dean, but poor boy being bombarded by 2 visions in quick succession - I'm assuming him collapsing with pain at the end of the chapter is another vision! But Sam is still an easy target in his weakened state!

Looking forward to next chapter!
carocali chapter 9 . 12/10/2007
This boy can't catch a break! At least now they have a path to follow with the vision. How will Dean's soul save them? Will Sam be able to sort through the hurt of their father's last words to finally rid the world of Asher?

Great update!

;D

Caroline
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 9 . 12/9/2007
great part!
KatieLB chapter 9 . 12/9/2007
another really great chapter... loved the counting sheep line LOL oh that boy cracks me up...great job can't wait for the next three chapters.
maxandkiz chapter 9 . 12/9/2007
Great chapter! Guess I owe Dan and Red an apology. They were good guys after all.(just not too bright)

Poor Sam! Can't blame him for not wanting to set foot in a hospital again. Last time, he came out of the hospital in worse shape than when he went in.

Wonder what exactly was in the vision Sam had. And is that another vision at the end? Sammy just can't catch a break, can he?

Can't wait for more.
IheartSam7 chapter 9 . 12/9/2007
Wow. Outstanding. Fabulous. Amazing, once again. You still have it-the magic. It makes me giddy with delight reading this, and it makes me tremble with suspense at what is coming next...
TraSan chapter 9 . 12/9/2007
Well heck, I should have known better than to think you glossed over the reunion scene. I missed a chapter!

All caught up now and it was wonderful!

Loved the brotherly bonding in both chapters.

Excellent.

Thanks for writing.
gidgetgal9 chapter 9 . 12/9/2007
This part-

Instead of trying to sleep Sam tumbled out of bed and made his way to the table where the laptop lay dormant. His brother quickly powered it up and began awkwardly typing, primarily using his left hand. Dean’s curiosity pulled him out of bed to hover over his brother’s shoulder. He read the words in front of him on the screen: You mentioned Dad said something to you before he died…

Dean couldn’t believe that all of the things he’d said while Sam’s memory was AWOL, this was the one thing he heard. “You’re right, he did. But I’m not going talk about it now. Maybe later” Dean said in a neutral tone.

Was so Sam and Dean! To be honest, I like your version of the big reveal, better than the series! I'm on pins and needles to see what happens with the Demon!
friendly chapter 9 . 12/9/2007
great job.. can't wait for more
carocali chapter 8 . 12/8/2007
That could've gone really bad, but thankfully, Sam remembered. The vision didn't help though! Gotta love how protective Dan and Red were of 'Nick' but they're no match for big brother Dean!

And poor Dean crying in front of Sam. That makes my heart just break!

Great update!
Floralia chapter 8 . 12/8/2007
Bobby got impatient and came to see what was going on. Go Bobby. I love his protective streak - Dean should sit down and take it easy, but he’s going get answers.

More hugging! And Sam knows who he is again. It’s so fitting that it’s seeing Dean in a protective stance that kick starts Sam’s memories. It’s really well done, and their second reunion is just so touching after all the stress that came before it.
Floralia chapter 7 . 12/8/2007
Well there was hugging, of a kind. Dean senses Sam’s distrustful but the impulse is too strong to hold at bay. It’s sad that Sam’s too weak to pull away from the embrace but refuses to relax into it either.

If there is a stray shoe anywhere in the room I will fall over it, so I sympathise with Sam. I love how his initial reaction to Dean’s eyes and voice is to feel comfort, and the distrust only comes after. Like subconsciously the bond is still there, but he’s confused and when he over thinks it the negative memories take precedence. I just fel so bad for Dean in this chapter, and his pain and then panic comes across so clearly.
164 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »