Reviews for A Growing Affection
jenuzumaki chapter 68 . 10/10
I enjoyed the different tasks during the jonin trials. But hated the fact that a chunin should do well in all five categories to pass. I’m sad that Rock Lee and Naruto would never be jonin if that was the case. And I think it’s impossible for a person to know that many taijutsu styles and to master so many weapons. I’m also kind of disappointed if Hinata only made tokubetsu, I think she performed much better than Sakura did based on what was mentioned. I think Hinata’s hesitation was because she could hurt her proctors.
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 9/5
Interesting chapter and plot and idea
Loved this story. I would love to read a sequel.
Stephanie chapter 58 . 7/26
My review is about the length of the book.
...THANK YOU. I've never seen a fanfic with such a committed writer who writes beautiful, long chapters and manages to make the number of chapters so many. Needless to say, this book will take at most two months to finish. THANK YOU

PS: I usually finish a 50-chapter book with chapter length equivalent to yours in at least 3 days. I read real fast.
Universal lizard chapter 141 . 6/12
This chapter right here was a perfect representation of Might Guy and the Inner Gates: As I'm led to believe, opening the Eighth Gate of 'Death' is supposed to lead to one's DEATH! Meanwhile, what does Kishimoto do in his version? 'Oh yeah, Guy opens the Eighth Gate, and it's not enough to defeat Madara, but that's okay, because God-Mode Naruto suddenly shows up and uses his 'God-Power' to keep him alive!' So not only there is the concept of the Gate of Death disrespected and shat upon, but from then on Kishimoto's Might Guy is reduced to a vegetable!

Anyway, with this 'correct' version: Flashback Guy gives a perfectly paced and told explanation of the nature and potential of the Gates. What I like as well was the added line of how Guy regrets ever being taught how to open the Gate of Death, yet still knows that he must open it in the present! And in the aftermath, visions of the past, present, and future glories were shown to him as he goes out! What a far more worthy send off to Might Guy than what Kishimoto did!
KingBE123 chapter 5 . 4/12
good chapters so far though, why did you not use naruto's mom's real name of kushina and changed the description of her, did you write it before she was reveiled, I can understand that if that is it but if not why, not that it's bad just curious of the decision is all
Kitsuneho chapter 58 . 3/20
They totally stole your idea from this chapter (58) in Boruto. The ninja gear.
nightwind83 chapter 170 . 3/9
just reread the story it hold up while
Jose19 chapter 62 . 1/11
I don't understand why Naruto doesn't have a Wind affinity his strongest Elemental affinity has always been Wind, and Wind triumphs over Lightning anytime.
Jose19 chapter 61 . 1/11
I think she should forget about Naruto there are many other males in the story unless she wants to go with Sasuke who in the canon was the perfect person for her.
Jose19 chapter 60 . 1/11
The Genjutsu part of the test for Jounin is a ton of crap because Jiraiya made Jounin, and he had the same handicap that Naruto has in learning Genjutsu so this deal that Genjutsu costs Naruto the rank of Jounin is false.
Jose19 chapter 39 . 1/11
I am surprised that Naruto hasn't take the obligatory Time Skip to train with Jiraiya is he better trained in this story.
Jose19 chapter 38 . 1/11
I want to know the actual deal of Sakura getting jealous of Naruto can you explain a bit more because she was a waste of space until Shippuden started.
Jose19 chapter 28 . 1/11
This really sucks he is stuck at Genin becuse of the mission he has to undertake similar to what happened to the canon but for different reasons.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/2/2017
Love the idea, and admittedly I haven't read much of the story yet and can't expect you to re-write anything once the fic is actually completed, but I've got some comments on the opening scene.
When Hinata yells at Naruto, there should have been a lot more shock and confusion than there was. He has no idea what she's talking about with the "I thought you were better" stuff, and then she drops a major bomb on him by telling him she loves him. He shouldn't be able to leap from his chair and give an off-the-cuff eloquent speech declaring his admiration for her, and while it's totally in Naruto's character to ask Hinata on a date right there, he'd never be so off-handedly confident about it. Remember, every time he has ever asked a girl (Sakura) on a date, he's been punched.
Secondly, Naruto has put in FAR too much thought to this 'would I date Hinata" question. He's too oblivious to ever realize her feelings for him to even begin thinking about his feelings in return, and he doesn't plan ahead anyways. He's too much of an in-the-moment guy to come up with those well-structured arguments about dating unless he's been confronted with a serious emotional problem. An entire character arc's worth of development is missing from this scene, let alone the five to ten paragraphs it would take for Naruto to process what the heck Hinata is talking about.
3,152 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »