Reviews for A Growing Affection
TheKaiSenpai chapter 5 . 10/7/2014
You might want to change the name of Naruto's mom now that we know who she is. That little tick ruins the flow for someone who knows it's Kushina. I had to double take and cringed whenever I went over your made up name.
Jose19 chapter 7 . 10/4/2014
The story is so interesting and I am all for the pairing because I always like Hinata in all my pairings but the thing I said about Kushina wasn't at you because I didn't know about what you did for the name of the mother of Naruto.

I wonder if you have any thing that you object what Kishimoto did because I personally don't like his habit of not explaining the plot in detail after it happens because it takes him forever to explain the plot just like he took forever to explain the death of Rin.
Jose19 chapter 6 . 10/4/2014
Hiashi is acting very distrustful and like a jerk in here but how will react when he knows about the relationship of Naruto and Hinata and both their training are benefiting each other very well.
Jose19 chapter 5 . 10/4/2014
I am confused Kushina was the mother of Naruto not this person you have named unless you misspelled her name so please explain yourself.
Jose19 chapter 1 . 10/4/2014
I hope that he does settle with Hinata because she is way better than Sakura for many reasons read the Manga and you know that Naruto has no chance in hell in capturing the heart of Sakura but Hinata to me is a more realistic goal for him.
Universal lizard chapter 13 . 9/24/2014
I really do like the origins story you give for Kekkei Genkai; it makes sense to me that such powers on genetic levels had to have been given to some by demon-merging, while keeping Sharingan users like Kakashi and Madara from copying them.

But the big question I have is the Kyuubi, or rather its gender. With who Yukihana was you could/can get away with from Kushina not have being introduced at the time. But with Kyuubi (or Kurama if you yourself go along with what it's been officially renamed these days), it had already been a male from the first part of the series. I have to know, what was the reasoning behind this 're-gendering'?
Universal lizard chapter 5 . 9/19/2014
An interesting take you give on Hinata's mother, since Kishimoto never told us anything. I myself just assumed that her name was Hitomi Hyuuga.

Now for Naruto's mother, I for one DON'T jump on this bandwagon everyone else has made of 'That's not Naruto's mother!' You see, I forsake/retcon Kishimoto's version of Naruto right after where you said this story takes place, and if doing so means I must give up Kushina, then so be it! Besides, Naruto needs a more active kunoichi like Yukihana for a mother and in all honesty, the personalities between Kushina and Yukihana aren't really that different.

One thing that does confuse me in the flashback was the sizing/scale of the Kyuubi to the humans. Isn't the Kyuubi was supposed to be at least a hundred feet tall?
NaturalGieling chapter 170 . 9/16/2014
After 4 days, 3 hours and 57 minutes of reading this fanfiction is completely done. I started it once before last year but only got to chapter 124 before losing the story and forgetting about it. Boy was it a wild ride, and a fun one at best.
Universal lizard chapter 157 . 9/13/2014
You see, THIS is the kind of villain that Madara is supposed to be! He isn't some Final Fantasy ripoff who thinks the world is doomed and must carry out some needlessly complicated and plot hole-riddled plan to subjugate it! He may be a madman who is given frightening powers, but you keep him at just the right level without going so far overboard. And every other character in this story is in the right to absolutely hate his guts, even his 'allies'! If it weren't for the somewhat crucial role he plays in Gouki's plan, EVERYBODY would be hunting him down and killing him dead!

It again goes without saying that there is more believability in this Madara Uchiha than the entirety of what Kishimoto has come up with for seven long years!
AnonOne chapter 12 . 9/11/2014
Hmmm... That Type O jutsu was a total Deus Ex Machina. I think it sort of sucked out the drama of the scene. Otherwise, a great fight scene. I think you could've done a little bit more on the resolution of the arc, though. It's been good so far.
ScbaStv chapter 170 . 8/27/2014
First off, I apologize for not reviewing more of the chapters up to this point. In my defense though, your story was just so enthralling I couldn't bring my self to pause and write a comment or two. I mean really, this is a brilliant piece of work and I've loved absolutely every word of it. I don't think there was ever a dull chapter encountered. You certainly know how to keep a reader hooked. Thank you for writing this! I can't wait to check out more of your work :]
kylters chapter 170 . 8/24/2014
I am not usually a fan of Naruto/Hinata pairings, but I have genuinely enjoyed this story. You kept the characters very close to their canon counterparts, OC's aside, and were able to make a fun and believable story. The only criticism I can give is that Naruto focused a lot on the rasengan and I felt like the way you defeated tsukuyomi felt almost as bad as kishimoto giving the Uchiha tsukuyomi to begin with. Aside from those small details it was a great story and I was glad to find an author who balanced the light hearted aspects with the more realistic ninja world as well as you did. Good luck with any further writing you do.
zafnak chapter 79 . 8/11/2014
Heh. Lots of your attack names are really silly. Toddler Regression especially made me grin
zafnak chapter 64 . 8/10/2014
Well...we all know by now that there is no such thing as a seven finned shark bijou and that Kisame is just some genetic freak :-) Even for an AU story, stuff like this is pretty silly when read years after it was written. Back in the old days when nobody knew much about them, writers made up all kinds of silly bijou, some even going so far as to create an independent ten tailed bijou... maybe because they didn't like the idea of of the most powerful bijou being an odd number..LOL

Come to think of it, why do you have Naruto be so horrible at dispelling genjutsu? As far as I know, most can be shorted out by tossing enough chakra at it or causing yourself enough pain to snap your mind out of it.. unless the genjutsu is cast by some freaking ridiculously strong over powered Author Mary Sue Uchiha (hear that Kishimoto-sama) and Naruto should be able to resort to both these methods with more or less ease.

And on a further note...sheesh, can everybody do Shadow Clones in this story? I mean, come on now, that's Naruto's signature move and only he can pull it off in mass numbers like that because it will KILL anyone else who tries do that. Which is why it is a FORBIDDEN jutsu and nobody less powerful than a high ranked jounin should be able to make more than 1 or 2. To have so many people able to do it ...I don't know.. seems to cheapen it.
zafnak chapter 53 . 8/10/2014
Darn! I wanted to find out Sakura's mother's secret stir-fry recipe!
2,944 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »