Reviews for Afraid of the Dark
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
A long story, but still one worth reading. I don't have too much to quote this time, but there were three things that really stood out to me.

1.) Remus's being afraid of the dark. It might seem a bit silly at first glance, but honestly, it's not. I daresay that more people are afraid of the dark (or rather, the unknown, which is what makes the darkness frightening to begin with) than want to admit it. Taking a plunge, being unable to see what's ahead of you, it's all rather scary, and depending on circumstances, the fear it instills in you can vary vastly.

2.) What Peter means when he says, "What would you have done?" Remus says he wouldn't have done what Peter did, but even he knows and acknowledges his weakness, though he hates it being out in the open like that. It would be really hard to make a choice like that, to sacrifice the person you love so that other people can live. Could Remus do it? Even he is unsure, thinks maybe he couldn't. I liked that because it gives Remus a bit of a dark side that isn't blatantly obvious, and it makes him seem a bit more human as far as emotions go.

3.) ["If you don't like me like that," she said, "that's fine. Lots of people don't – I'm not exactly Playwitch of the month – so just say and – "] This is kind of sad, that she's just not that confident in herself, but if I may be so bold...I think most people are not overly confident in how they look, in how other people perceive them.

It's too bad that at this point, he can't just let himself love her, can't even let himself try, not for real. He'll just keep it all in his mind and try never to let it happen in person. Too bad, really, but...it's understandable why. It also adds a bit more depth to his, "too old, too poor", but especially to the, "too dangerous" part of why he thinks he shouldn't be with her.

Cheers,

Manna
RhiMayFAN chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
AMAZING

You are really talented, it makes me jealous. You are the incarnation of a good fic writer. Do you have a fictionpress account? Im going to see if there is a Lady Bracknell on there! :)
Marlicat chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Aw, poor Remy.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Remus is too noble for his own good. That's why the bad guys always have the upper hand. The good guys don't want to sink to their level. War has no rules, and if the good guys don't realize that they'll lose every time.
aSqueeIntheDistance chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
Woohoo! Everyone's in character and well-written! Thank you!

Wonderful story, you have a refreshing writing style :)
HVM chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
nice work!
Ocaso chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Oh, I want a werewolf!

By the way, excellent job at explaining everything without giving too much away at once. I like how you wrote it. Well done.

Cheers,

Ocaso.
themoormaiden chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Wow... This was just... wow

You wrote this beautifully! Really beautifully! I think you're characterization was perfect, as was your take on the relationship between Remus and Tonks.

I very much liked the reference to the comment made by Sirius on valentines day. It made Peter seem more human and described the look on his face perfectly.

Keep up the fantastic work!
ElizaHPFAN chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
This was very good. It was lovely to see more work from you m- I love everything Tonks/Remus that you write. This isn't what I quite expected from the summary but still it was an interesting read. As always your writing is amazing and excellent! Please update Werewolf soon - us fans are going crazy at lack of it! Keep writing - ElizaHPFAN
alterguild chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I have to admit, this story comes as a bit of a surprise. I've gotten so used to your happy, charming little 'amor omnia vincit' stories that this took me a few minutes to reset my mind to.

That said, this is exceptional. Lupin's emotions are raw, vivid, and real. As are Peter's words when he accuses Lupin, telling him he doesn't know what he's capable of. Perhaps truer words have never been spoken by a rat. I also liked the way that you make the forest come alive and become a malevolent entity.

What I think you've done here is make a story where the line between human, animal, and dark creature is blurred so much that all three become one. It's really quite terrifying and I think that everyone can relate to the feeling of utter terror that you've successfully managed to create.

For some reason, you always put up a story to match the mood that I'm in, which only helps draw me into the story more. Once again, I stand in awe of your work. Great job!
Lexie-H chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
Spectacular as per usual. Most of all, I think, I like the continual motif of darkness - extremely clever, you wove it around and through your words and created the perfect atmosphere. You always bring such a beautiful, real *depth* to Remus that I rarely see elsewhere, and don't even get me started on your characterisation of Tonks P suffice to say, fantastic.

Lexie
SilverLunarStar chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
Great fic!

Very thorough. I liked Lupin's explanation of why he couldn't be with Tonks.

The last line was genius!

Wonderful job!

~*Eli
Confusedknight chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
aww! I love everything you write! You've just got their characters so perfect! Please keep churning stuff out, as I love it all ;D

Ps. A while back you told me about a fic called consequences by Pandora Jones, but I can't find it. I don't suppose you could give me the url? Thanks xx
mitdemadlerimherzen chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
hi there,

this was extremely good written in my opinion. )

I liked the story!