Reviews for The Lost
kcrb0202 chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
I allready love this story and I read your verey funny comics on DA there so funny sorry bad speller
Lolin' Girl chapter 6 . 11/12/2011
I love this story! PLEASE update!
Cybela chapter 6 . 10/31/2011
I really love this story! I am currently addicted to the twins, and this story was exactly what I was looking for. I love the twins speaking their own lanuage and playing their own game. It just shows how special they are. Please finish the story! Pretty please? Thanks so much for writing this, it was awesome!

-CY
Balrog Roike chapter 4 . 10/18/2011
I love this.

It's somehow so different from the other pieces.

More hopefull, as if the Bots could really be saved somehow.

Sunny and Blue show/discover other parts of themselves, things go smoothly for once and everything starts to finally look up for everyone involved.

If only it would stay that way.
Balrog Roike chapter 6 . 10/18/2011
How strange that the Seekers almost seem to care more about each other than most Bots. Or at least have allowed themselves to get attached to each other and protect their wing mates either by pulling them out of the line of fire when usually as Cons they should have only thought of saving themselves, or by giving them pep talks and bullying them back in line whenever it looks like they get more or less suicidal by having doubts and threatening to desert (what with a high probality wouldn't be successfull at all). Even in the cell, when Thundercracker couldn't keep quiet any longer, it almost sounded more like Screamer trying to convince Thundercracker to keep quiet and to convince the twins of TC truly being a Con than anger that TC would say such a thing in the first place.

The anger about that was there, no doubt, but it sounded more like an attempt to protect his wing mate and to convince the twins of what side the jets are on than indignation of Thundercracker suddenly showing his "Autobot" sentiments.

It's also interesting to see that the Seekers actually understood what they've done better than most of the Autobots involved, even if they tried and more or less managed to blame somebody else for their short-comings. I mean, they didn't even have an officer breathing down their necks and telling them just how much they messed up or an angry brother coming after them and still they recognized that they've done something really bad and far from anything they could have rationalized away with being a part of the war (not that they didn't try afterwards).

Considering that we never get to know just what Starscream and Skywarp think of all that has happened, especially after they managed to bury their conscience as deep as they're able to and began to dish the blame out on the Bots, it's still interesting that apart of Mirage Thundercracker seems to be the only one who actually seems to be truly sorry, who understands at least a little bit just what he's done or almost done to Sideswipe and who really regrets it. Not just because he has to live with the consequences and a bad conscience but because he regrets what it means for the twins.

And he's only the second one of the eight guilty mechs who almost sad sorry. Perhaps it happened off-screen with Cliffjumper and the others, but as far as I can tell only Mirage ever expressed his regret in any other way than wailing for or trying to get free from punishment.

I like how the twins saw right through the Seekers, when they began to distract them from their fear as well as in the end when TC wanted absolution.
Balrog Roike chapter 2 . 10/18/2011
I absolutely love this chapter.

Always did and still do.

I hate how hypocritical and uncaring the Autobots are if you truly look at them in this and the previous chapter. Yes, they fight in a war, but still, they seem to have lost a lot of what once made them different from the Cons.

They spout a lot of nice speeches about "Freedom is the right of all sentience beings" and caring for other and compassion but in the end they simply don't care. Either not anymore, at least that's what Bluestreak thought, or they never really did to begin with.

Even if they lost so much, they should never able to forget what it was once to feel love. If they truly believed in what they fight for, they should aim on preserving any love and caring that's left not feeling envious or even wishing that the twins finally learn what's it's like to lose everything in their lives.

But how they behave, how they taunt those down, don't learn from their mistakes and learn to live with those around him - it almost convinces me that they've never truly known love to begin with.

They aren't really better than the Cons. They are just a lot more covert about their daily cruelty, uncaring attitudes and wish to get rid of those that oppose them in any way.

Even Prime, who hides behind his speeches and holier-than-thou-attitude, isn't any better because the hole is nothing but torture (I know that some prisons use isolation, too, but I consider it torture there as well and at least those inmates have some way to measure time and a tiny bit of human contact because of their need to eat once in a while. Still, it's horrible for them and their sanity and no person should have to endure that.) and even knowing what it does to Sunstreaker, he's still using it as a threat.

I'm not saying that the twins are completely without blame, but fact is that like Prowl said, nobody ever really gives them a chance to actually behave otherwise. And why should you try to be nice to somebody if you know without doubt that you will either be ridiculed for it, showed disdain and disbelief or an even nastier remark.

I absolutely love your Prowl.

His scene in the council is one of the strongest I've ever read, here and in actual books. It's breathtaking and gives me a feeling inside I usually only get by some really outstanding scenes in movies, usually when someone rallies his men for the good cause and upcoming fight or when someone holds a monologue in front of the court or an audience. When someone holds a speech that says exactly what you're thinking and you know how meaningful this moment is and you feel how important every word is and you can't help but stop, listen, watch and really take the speech to heart.

It's magnificent and I really, really love it.

Anyway, I hope Prowl's speech worked, because if not and if the Bots don't start seeing the light soon and how much they've fallen from what they actual want to be and stand for, even a won war will be meaningless in the end, because they won't be any better than the Cons, just clinging a little bit more to empty sentences and phrases until all goes to hell or they simply wilt away, one by one.

I gues, in the end, not Sunstreaker and Sideswipe are truly the lost. This title fits the rest of the Bots just as much, if not even better.

Really great work,

BR
yamiishot chapter 6 . 10/17/2011
Wow. I can't wait to see how this all works out.
lildevchick chapter 6 . 7/29/2011
One chapter left? And with the last update a year and a half ago, I fear I may never get to see that final chapter. *sobs*

I'm such a sucker for stories involving the twins and you wrote this beautifully. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
AH36 chapter 6 . 7/18/2011
I do so like this fic, as depressing as it can be. It gives a beautiful insight to the world of the Twins, and I do hope you can get that last chapter up, instead of leaving it unfinished.
Akiri chapter 6 . 6/11/2011
I just found this story and I must say I am impressed with it. The way you write Sunstreaker and Sideswipe is great. I really hope you update soon.
EnmityRose chapter 6 . 5/2/2011
Wow, this story is fantastic, I've been entirely captivated and haven't been able to stop until I've finished it. I'm a fan from waaay back and you have captured the characters and essence of the saga so well. Can't wait for more :D
shantastic chapter 6 . 4/2/2011
I just read this and it is definitely going on my favorites list as well as getting bookmarked. So few stories portray the Autobots as seriously flawed individuals, but you made all of the characters real people. Your Prime didn't understand what makes his two front-liners tick, and was so cruel as to torture his own men. Ratchet not understanding them, and having to reach deep for the compassion that one expects from a Medic. Every chapter was excellent. I look forward to reading the last chapter when you get it online.
Demons Kin chapter 6 . 12/15/2010
I really like how Prowl stood up for Sunstreaker because he does need more people who undertand him
arctapus chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I remember that in Viet Nam the new guy got point because the old guys who were part of the platoon couldn't bare it. This story reminds me of that. well done. Thank you.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 6 . 11/23/2010
Hurrah, more is forthcoming! Er.

Through the labyrinth of small stones, we see the twins are more than the killers; through Thundercracker's doubts, we see the echoes of choices made that cannot be unmade. Just lovely, deep and sparkling as a clear well.
152 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »