Reviews for Cruel Lesson
Monki-Neko chapter 18 . 9/12/2013
love this! at first it was and still is a bit confusing to read b/c of the many different p.o.v.s but it was soo good that i couldn't stop reading!
Jespheonix05 chapter 18 . 5/28/2013
I love this story so much but the ending feels a little too short to me. I wish you would revisit this and perhaps tell us more of what becomes of this children and whether they find they're "Neverland". The place where they can be free. It would be nice to see a little more on the changes in Konoha and whether any of the ninjas ever run into any of the kids and what kind of conversation they would have. Naruto especially should have been more sensitive to their issues I think. Well anyway I really like this story and this is probably my 3rd read since I found it. Thank you for sharing it with us I really do appreciate it.
csad21 chapter 18 . 12/27/2012
Wow. Very good job, especially for a story so focused on OCs. Loved it. It felt rather chilling in its plausibility. In the end, I was rooting for the kids, and somehow the epilogue felt...not enough, too open-ended. I would have liked to read more about the waves this bit of fail on Konoha's part caused everywhere.

Only one big problem:

It's possible that ffnet just plain messed up as it often does and you didn't notice, but where did all the line breaks go? The lack of them made reading this so incredibly difficult that it took me twice as long to read this than it should, and made the intended emotional impact of the story less than it should be. The paragraphs are so messed up right now without the appropriate line breaks/paragraph breaks.

Maybe you could take a look sometime in the future when you have time and correct it?

Also, funny typo: you keep writing Byakugon instead of Byakugan. :D
Li chapter 18 . 11/23/2012
This was amazing. Thank you for writing this.
knightlygirl chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
This story is really interesting, and I find that it makes some really good points about what happens when there isn't proper documentation and records of what happens when people aren't being observant enough. My only beef with this is you introduced a lot of characters with out explaining who they were, but beyond that it was pretty fantastic.
inkspot823 chapter 5 . 9/19/2010
Hahaha! Oh, I'm sorry! It just amuses me how at the bottom of the first few chapters you ask people to let you know if their reading it. I know it's a rather heartless thing to laugh at, but it amuses me since I hold this story and you as a writer in such a high regard. The fact that anybody on Fanfic doesn't like your work just never occured to me, because I don't think there could be a single person who doesn't like reading your stories.

That being said, I think this is the seond time I've read this... I might have left you a review on it before, but oh well! Now you have another review! ;)

And if I had to choose... Kyo and Arashi would have to be my favorite. ...Along with Karas and Reiji and Shiroji and- Oh who am I kidding! I love them all! And I feel so bad for them! *cuddles fictional character* You are loved!

Lol. Ok. I'll stop being insane now. :D

Ink
Imperial Dragon chapter 18 . 9/12/2010
A detailed and amazing story.
Desmothene chapter 18 . 7/27/2010
Oh my gosh... just... wow. That was amazing- the amount of thought put into this story. Grammatically perfect (as far as I could tell). The legal caging of Konoha was a nice touch too; an excellent explanation for why they weren't able to recover the children. Such an interesting explanation for an aspect of Naruto that I never really paid attention to...
usilang chapter 18 . 5/26/2010
I absolutely adore this story! This is an excellent take on the the impact of shinobi life on the children. The story is so believable given the fact that Konoha seems to be so focused on shinobi. Indeed, it's not difficult to imagine that some children will be ostrasized because they don't have the 'potential' to be shinobi, or that some children will be victims of domestic abuse given the violent nature of the work of a shinobi. Amazing!
Gus-Chether chapter 18 . 5/12/2010
Very good story. I liked that you had an original idea, and you presented it wonderfully. It's sad the amount of devestation that can be caused by not seeing what is in front of your eyes. You really portrayed this well.
yavin4 chapter 18 . 4/28/2010
Very nice. I enojyed this greatly.
Greysh chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
I reread your fic and I still love it! a wonderfull read and a very original plot :) a painfull theme, this cruel lesson is a RL problem too.

You wrote the OC very well, it was easy to 'feel' them.

And the reactions of the canon crew in the end. Well done!
lisa chapter 18 . 3/5/2010
such a powerful warning. and yet so easily true in our society as well as theirs. the difference being most of our children do not have such an escape they can arrange.

your story reminds me just why all the volunteer hours with children are so very worth it.

schoolgirl chapter 18 . 2/16/2010
Reading this made me feel so sad.

I stilled loved the story though.

I wonder what would happen if they did find them?
NinjaTeddy chapter 18 . 1/17/2010
Ah, that's so sad... It was a really good story, though! I just kept hoping that someone would realize and everything would turn out alright. I hope that wherever the kids are they're happy!