Reviews for Magic of the Season
OrangeSunset1701 chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
That was so awesomely cute! Well done!
VoicesInTheWind chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
I agree with Riley. Snow is evil, but Christmas snow is special.

This fic is adorable! Well done - you've put me in a very festive mood :-)
milkteethbabydoll chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
This story gave me the fuzzies. This was just... love. 3
carolinesayer chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Wow, THAT WAS AMAZING! I can't wait for Christmas and SNOW now :D You just sparked a full conversation with my friend about snowball fights :D Heehee and Riley and Ben were written so well and wow! Thankyou! Loved it! xx
supergirl3684 chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
that made me smile too! :D
ddamato chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
I totally love the brotherly fluff in this one shot!
Califaction chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Aww, cute! This is a great story, and you described all the snowball fight action really well-I could see everything Ben and Riley were doing! It's great that they get to horse around and be a little bit immature. (Ben: "I wasn't ready!") Heehee. It's also pretty logical that Ben is able to pounce on Riley like he does, and I like that you give evidence for this in the form of Ben's long legs and in-shapeness-there is the silent contrast to Riley's short computer nerd physique, snicker. One thing I might have liked is a little bit more information about the setting in the beginning-not a lot, but maybe a few words to indicate that they're in that collosal historical mansion thing, or wherever they're meant to be. I loved the characterization. I can just see Riley's Christmas spirit shining through and making him love snow-just as I can see him hating snow at all other times of the year, and Ben getting confused about it! All of the dialogue is great-totally IC, and it put a grin on my face. One of my favorite lines: "Regular snow is evil, awful stuff that was created to make the lives of Eskimos miserable. Christmas snow is special.” Something that I thought could be an improvement is the paragraph spacing with the dialogue, or maybe just additional clarification as to who is speaking-I remember that there was a point during the text when I wasn't sure if Ben was doing the talking, or Riley was. I also would have loved hearing more about Riley's past, but I guess it's more IC for Riley to be tightlipped about things (but I totally enjoyed the bit that we did hear about-er, well, not enjoyed per se because poor Riley didn't have a Christmas till he was twelve-ish, but I'm glad we got that bit of backstory). Another bit that I liked was this sneaky little bit of introspection: 'Abby had a theory that Riley talked as much as he did to avoid talking about himself, and Ben was starting to believe she was right.' The ending, with Ben's fluffy affirmation of Riley's sense of belonging, "She would have loved you," was moving, and the immediate return to macho lightheartedness, “Ben, those are just the voices in your head. I told you too long without a challenge would mess with your mind,” kept it from being too sappy. And the last potshot at Caring!Ben is totally typical of Riley! Thanks for writing and posting!
mic19671967 chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Very nice story. I like the brother type relationship between Ben and Riley.

Mic (the wife)
Miss Fenway chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
I love Riley! And all your stories!
Jaeh chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
lol, cool story! AWEsome! xD

-Jaeh xD
PandaCookie chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
So gorgeous...I'll thank you for that, since this is one of the best NT fics I've ever read. You're very creative and talented.

Keep Writing.
100percentinactive chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
I adore your stories about Riley and Ben! They're wonderful and you can really pick up on their relationship. Keep it up, please!
Rebell chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Heheheh, snowball fight!

'Regular snow is evil, awful stuff that was created to make the lives of Eskimos miserable.' Funniest line of the story, right there.I personally don't think it's THAT bad, but... still, i laughed my head off.

More bonding! (We do eventually get to see Riley's back story? When?)

Anzeeways... yet another brilliant fic. I'm going to be rather disappointed when I run out of them to read. I've already gone to your profile, and read the TMNT ones... hm... I'll have to make a more careful search.

I'm off.. great job!
WalkingInMemphis chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
As a general review to all of your NT stories (sorry, I'm wicked lazy) I think it's interesting how you played the Ben/Riley relationship as more of a father/son-ish thing than brothers. Despite the fact that their age difference isn't as big as Riley's behavior would lead us to belive, I could see that work. I decided to review this story because I loved the line that Riley talked so much so he wouldn't ever have to tell about himself; I had never realized that all throughout NT (and NT2, recently) he never shuts up, but we never learned a thing about him. Very perceptive. Cute theme as well.
PeeenAmme chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
aw that was cute

"you’ll have to forgive me if almost getting blown up makes me a little cranky. We can’t all be saints like you.”

loved those lines :)