Reviews for Snowbird Chained
MosinM38 chapter 6 . 1/14/2008
Great chapter yet again.

Good to see Senefa go all the way... Wonder how far it will go? It will be interesting to see.

As always elemental action. I always did like elemental stuff for some reason ;) Actually I like anything non-standard.

Interesting how Senefa stood up to Cavell...I wonder how many other Falcons would have a question in the back of their mind if the argument had been allowed to contiue?

Can't wait for the next chapter. Should be a interesting follow-up to this one :D
Kat Wylder chapter 5 . 1/12/2008
A villain with conscience is one of the best kinds. I think the fact that you've written Senefa as a complete person with opionions and motives and doubts, rather than some mere obstacle is one of the things that makes this story so good.
Knives91 chapter 5 . 1/10/2008
Oh wow, I never thought clanners would fall for that trick. Man they are about to get it up the ass and with a twist. A hard one. Dumb asses. Not that they don't deserve it.

On another note, I personally loathe Malthus. And by Malthus, I mean the asshole. You know of whom I speak. Please kill him. Painfully. Brutally. It'll make me happy.

Good stuff. Show those clanners a taste of Fed-Com steel.
novelltigger chapter 5 . 1/7/2008
sentinel28, I love the story and hope you continue.
RougeBaron chapter 5 . 1/7/2008
Don't spare words, huh? Alright, I was afraid that I would go too far, so I did refrain myself from lengthy review. But I did tell you how I felt: I felt disgusted. Since you asked, I'll tell you how I *really* feel.

I believe physical beating is necessary to get information. As a POW, you can't expect to be treated like a political inmate, even when you hold a high rank. If I were Sheila, I expected to be treated roughly, especially by jerks that thought they were better than me. The higher my rank, the more information I held, so the rougher they would treat me.

But what the Falcons did was personal vendetta. They were not purely squeezing information, but they were taking pleasure. That ain't right, especially from Crusader Clans. Now they claimed that they were superior than Spheroids, and Spheroids were barbarians. But they acted like barbarians. Only barbarians take pleasure from somebody's misery. IMHO the Falcons (or Senefa in this matter) betrayed their own claim (or Crusader's point of view) as being superior than Spheroids.

In BTech timeline, Vlad did the same thing to Phelan. So I was thinking: what does "better" mean to Clanners? Better physical attributes? Better mentality? Or better as complete human beings? I think the only thing Clans have Spheroids beaten is at physical attributes. Spheroids trump Clans in other aspects. Luthien, Tukayyid, Huntress and Strana Mechty proved that (but of course, this story is not there yet).

So yeah, I'll be waiting for that karma. I'm not Buddhist, but I'll be a Buddhist until the Falcons (or Senefa) get what they deserve. I don't like Falcons anyway, and I'm sure many people are as eaager as I am to see Senefa fall. Tukayyid, maybe?
FraserMage chapter 5 . 1/5/2008
Did the Falcons just fall for the oldest trick in the book.

The whole Drive Enemy Vehicle/Dress up in enemy uniform and sneak in trick?
MosinM38 chapter 5 . 1/5/2008
Grat chapter.

The comparison of the Clans to Amaris is interesting. As stated before, although my knowladge fully of the clans is limited (Until I read more into them). That the interogation was overboard. Chemical torture is all I had knowladge of. As far as I know I couldn't think of massive physical torture as was given.

I can understand how this would confuse Senefa and make her second-guess the clans. It seems that Cavell has a personal vendetta as much if not MORE than the others in this.

The next chapter will be interesting. With the Snowbirds making infiltration and Senefa going to chew on Cavell.
Knives91 chapter 4 . 1/5/2008
And yet another example of why Jade Falcon got its ass ripped apart. God, I love killing them.

Terrible things happen in war. I will have no pity for Athena when the rest of the Snowbirds get a hold of her. That will get ugly. Fast.

Write more please, so I may have the satisfaction of seeing clan Jade Falcon being utterly annihilated.
RougeBaron chapter 4 . 1/4/2008
Aw man, this is not right.

Well, I mean, treating POW this way is not right. I felt disgusted. And these are the guys that said they were the rightful heir of Terra? I will cheer for their demise.
MosinM38 chapter 4 . 1/2/2008
Good chapter.

The torture wasn't overdone, or underdone. Which could be done easily. It got across the point of humiliation, and the ability to cause great pain without going into explicit detail.

The fear of the medtech is quite valid...I think Athena is getting a little bloodthirsty.

Also I think she is getting somewhat delusional (Unless I missed something) Her own actions got herself discharged. Senefa giving Athena command to meet Sheila only presented the opportunity (To destroy Royal).

Cavell's somewhat frustration with Senefa was amusing somewhat as well.

Overall a good read!
Kat Wylder chapter 4 . 1/2/2008
A long chapter is always welcome-more to read.

I can see what you mean in saying that Senefa has not gone soft, but questions the invasion. When preparing, the Clans-even the Falcons-always seemed to chant nothing but "liberation", whether it really was or not. I can imagine that Senefa is somewhat unhappy to find that Cavell doesn't even believe that they're helping the Sphere, but conquering it. At least she has some conscience, though. That's a very interesting look at the characters.

Your warning about the torture scene is well-warranted, but I can certainly see why it's there. And though it's only fiction, this is a good reminder of the kind of horrors real soldiers have faced, which is something we should never forget.
Kat Wylder chapter 3 . 12/21/2007
It's very interesting to see how Senefa almost seems to be getting soft... That's a huge contrast to Athena. I wonder what her superiors will do in regards to her action against Front Royal, if they do anything at all.
Kat Wylder chapter 2 . 12/21/2007
Spies among the Sentinels? Hm, it's difficult to think just who it is. Anyone of them could be the traitor...
Kat Wylder chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Hey, if this is what you enjoy doing, then there's no need to fret about "getting a life", just so long as you've got a roof over your head. ;)

Anyway, you got a great start to the next part of the Snowbirds saga. I loved the action scene. Now I've got to hurry and read on before the suspense gets to me.
MosinM38 chapter 3 . 12/21/2007
Great chapter!

I personally enjoy how you have Clanners having a consciounce..A lot of writers make them out to be cold, and some are..But I think a lot have more emotion than they let on.

Also...*Sigh* Senefa finally realized that once achieved revenge isn't as sweet as many believe.

Wonder how things turn out for Athena? having her entire unit refuse to follow her orders and obliderate the town was a intereting twist!
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »