Reviews for The Dragon, The Heart, The Knife
HAM Near chapter 1 . 3/5
I love this! And I agree, there is a disturbing lack of Azulaboth fics!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Really late to the party, so I hope you forgive the belated feedback. I don't know how I missed this story back when you posted it. Random trips around the internet brought me here.

Not many people make the attempt to do an Azula/Ty Lee/Mai threesome and take it as far as you have, but it turned out pretty well, I have to say. The characterizations are pretty solid (I think you did the best with Ty Lee, followed by Mai, and then Azula, in that order). Mai's drunken tirade was amusing, although I didn't quite come away convinced at Azula consuming alcohol in the first place - as someone who values self-control above all else, I never believed her to be interested in drinking. I don't have any trouble seeing it from the other two, even Ty Lee, but Azula... eh. I couldn't really get behind it. But it's not a major theme of the story either way.

I did, however, love how you continually referred to Azula as a Dragon throughout the narrative. PERFECT. She definitely is. Most of her thoughts and actions suited her.

That said, the one thing that strikes me as glaringly odd is Azula's purported wish for children. I just can't see that from her, especially the pregnancy part. Never did understand some writers' insistence on that; it seems completely counteractive to everything we know about her. Azula always seemed the selfish type that wouldn't care what happened after her death. Why would she? She wouldn't be around anymore, and to heck with everything then! Remember, she's VERY self-centered and focused on number one: herself. So, yeah, can't agree with the heir part at all. I always figured she'd find some way to get out of it, assuming it's even a requirement (canon seems to suggest otherwise - childless Iroh was upheld as Azulon's preferred heir over Ozai and his two children, which was the basis of Ozai's argument to supersede his elder brother, and he was STILL shot down). Up to interpretation, I suppose, but it's not something I can agree with within or outside the story. "Someone's got to take over when she's dead." Yeah, an adviser? What would Ozai have done if both his children became disgraced or died? You can't just assume he would have more children; that's an impractical gambit in a number of ways. He could become infertile, could face a natural (or unnatural) death before siring more heirs, or could simply not want to. There's almost always another option - if not, create one if you're the Fire Lord! No one could FORCE Azula to have children if she didn't want to, and I would argue, based on strict canon personality, that she wouldn't. Heck, even Grey DeLisle said Azula should never become a parent in one of those old Avatar magazines from years ago.

Apart from that, I did enjoy the story. The three-way dynamic was fun to read, and how each girl related to the others expounded upon their individual personalities.
The 2nd Avatar chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
I loved it! I was looking for Maizula and found this, it was quite nice.
Wicked Hermit chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
um YES

I love Azula, Ty Lee, and Mai. And I love any pairings involving those three - be it azula/tylee, azula/mai, or tylee/mai... I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY EXCEPT I LOVE YOU FOR WRITING THIS
jupitersthunder chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
... I don't know if I think this is hilarious or the cutest thing ever... GREAT STORY BY THE WAY.
xlollx chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
aww happy story :D
MinaRobins chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I totally agree with you. There isn't enough Azulaboth and this particular one is well thought out and very well done. i love the relationship you have the three of them participate in and i love how Azula's father reacted to the rather foolish ambassador.

kudos to you for coming up with this. Instant Fave
Impressed chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
This is a very well written Fic
countwes chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
OH MY GAWD! i loved it! and now i want more _
DefendMyGirlsHonor chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
I liked it! you should do another one with these three.
anonymous chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Amazing! Well written, I love the exploration of their relationship. You should write some more Azula/Mai/Ty Lee, or perhaps some Mai/Ty Lee. _ Very good read.
PRINCEmediocre07 chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Normally, I wouldn't review or even give a second thought on reading a ATLA's fic but somehow boredness got the better of me and I'm glad it did. I have to applaud you on writing a Mai/TyLee/Azula fic, 'cause as you said there is a disturbing lack of it and you did a pretty awesome job! I think it's just weird for the 3 of them not to be together, but sadly it doesn't seem the actual show is supporting that. Eheh, but amazing fic none the less.

(Secretly wishes for more Azulaboth fics on the internet w
EvilMarshmallow13 chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I lol'd pretty hard when Mai stared telling off her parents. That was very, very well written.

The format for this was rather refreshing-I haven't come across many fics where it's split up into different sections without having separate chapters, and it's kinda nice to have them all in one go.

Nice IC-ness, great grammar/spelling, and intresting ideas for the sections. All in all, I liked this a great deal.

(And there does need to be moar Azula/Ty Lee/Mai on these internets. Especially stuff that's well written, like this. Role model time, yeah?)
Jack The Riddler chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
pretty freakin awsome, im throwing this into the azula fan club(my c2 community) and my favorite list.
Meginatree chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Ooh intresting. I'm more of a Kazula shipper but I liked this.