Reviews for Metroid Prime: The Ed Hunters
Fanfic Dude chapter 1 . 5/15
Dude, this ROCKS!
I found this from Celfwrdderwydd's Deviantart. He made a cover for it. Did you know? Rocks! You should see it!

Anyway, my childhood dreams come to life! The Eds in Metroid! Space Pirates vs the Dorks! Ridley vs Ed, Bringer of Bacon! Eddward vs Mother Brain! Eddy vs . . . everything? LOL Man, I am SO psyched!
I love Edd filling up the Logbook, and Ed living his dreams of being a space outlaw!
OH! You had the Eds unlock the missile combos on their own, so why not have Ed unlock a power they don't have in the game?
SPEED BOOSTER! I can totally see Ed running at super-speed around Ridley and making him dizzy!
"The dragon yucky-chuckied, Double-D! Ha, ha!"

Please don't take eight years to post the next chapter, due!
DarkUmbreon15 chapter 11 . 5/16
I wonder what Double D's reaction would be if he found out the Cbozo created the Metroids.
GodzillaMaster chapter 15 . 5/15
Seeing this story updated after so long is so beautiful, I'm on the verge of crying in joy
I definitely hope that this means the story will be updated more frequently
linkthetoaoftime chapter 15 . 5/14
Holy cow it actually updated. I am glad (as i am sure many are) that this story has returned. I really admire you persistence in making this.

I am really curious as to what the voice in Eddy's head is. He is certainly not in a good mental state right now due to witnessing some horrors, but could it be something more than just a figment of his imagination? We'll just have to see.

The interactions between Ed and Edd are very enjoyable, with Ed being just as reckless as ever with Edd constantly fretting and trying to analyze situations.

Now we have a named Pirate character, who now intends to kill Eddy, I wonder how much longevity kal-Brashka will have in this story.

Overall while this chapter may not have too much going on, by your own admission, it was nonetheless an enjoyable read. I will certainly look forward to future chapters, and thank you very much for your persistence.
CelfwrDderwydd chapter 15 . 5/14
AT LONG LAST! I have waited for this moment for years! Finally, it's back!

Way back when I found this story in late 2008, I had only passing ideas about becoming a fan fiction author, but your wonderful story helped cement my will to do so.

I always felt you kept the Eds perfectly in character, and their reactions to their surroundings felt very real and accurate. With Double-D scanning and gathering data on anything and everything, to Eddy trying to make a quick buck (or Credit) and trying to survive, and, of course, our lovable oaf blasting everything in sight with a goofy grin, it all felt like it came out of the show!

Seeing this updated, after so long, I was over the moon! I stayed up and read it, and was thrilled at every turn! It brought back the best of memories, both from the show, and your story.

So, to the main review:
I loved how Eddy was hauling tail to try and avoid becoming Swiss cheese, and this voice taunting him, I wonder if it's Metroid Prime, or if he is getting the first stages of Phazon Madness. Either is creepy, and I can't wait to find out!

Ah, so the Chozo ghosts finally appear! It's funny that Ed seems to know just what to do, and I can see him the first to grasp that fire, ice and electricity will not harm them. But the Power Beam will.
And, let's not forget they will have to seek the Hall of the Elders. OH! Maybe, of all things ED can not only understand the Chozo, but read their language as well!

I was so happy to see this updated after so long! I even made a cover, which, if you like, I can post on my DeviantArt account for download.
Ah, so many happy memories, all coming back.

May this find you happy and well.
-CelfwrDderwydd
thetyrant67 chapter 15 . 5/14
Oh my fucking god, you are an angel. Thanks for updating.
The Anomalocaris chapter 15 . 5/14
Is... is this real? Chapter 15? It's been eight long years... Holy shit, it's real.

I read this story start-to-finish several times in my college days; it was dead in the water when I first discovered it, but I had hoped against all odds that one day it would come back, so I favorited it once I set up an account here. And I could scarcely believe it when I saw the update notification yesterday.

So from a huge fan of both Metroid and EEnE, welcome back.

Right! The chapter itself! Definitely setup for future events, as you said. Getting the Plasma Beam this early is perhaps odd, but it makes sense narratively; no sense in having the Eds go halfway through the Phazon Mines just to have to go all the way to Magmoor just to open a red door; I presume they're gonna be getting the Ice Beam at the ruins and the X-Ray Visor in the overworld before actually assaulting the mines.

The voice haunting Eddy is curious. I'm personally undecided to whether it's just Eddy going stir-crazy and hearing things, or if it's an actual telepathic communication from, say, Metroid Prime. Perhaps setting up "Dark Eddy" for later stories, haha.

As for the ending, the arrival of the Chozo Ghosts is certainly haunting but I'm rather surprised we actually got a segment from the Space Pirates' perspective. They still don't realize that these three cunning bounty hunters are just panicking kids who would rather be anywhere but here though!
Exodus2150 chapter 15 . 5/14
Holy fucking shit, IT LIIIIIVES!
ArachCobra chapter 15 . 5/14
Interesting to see the space pirates' perspective on things.
anthonyluetmer1 chapter 15 . 5/13
nice too see you again. can't wait for the next chapter.
godofmadness43 chapter 15 . 5/13
Ohman, this...won't end well for whoever the Commander is after, also, hurray update!
CapitalClassShip chapter 15 . 5/13
Oh Yeah it Lives!

Thank you So Much for the Update.

I hope Eddy is not suffering from Phazon Madness or Radiation. even With Samus Suit he tends to be too Careless.

Odd that Double D didn't Scan the Ghost

So Interesting that the Pirates has their own POV.
Eds Maniac chapter 15 . 5/13
Posting a review for my own story is terrible. Here's the thing, though:

Thank you for waiting. Took me eight years to get around to updating this story. Feels good to have this one out.

Still quite a bit to go, though.

But seriously, thanks again. You guys were beyond patient. I appreciate the messages I've received from you all over the years. You gave me the motivation I needed to push past this writer's block.

Hope you enjoy this chapter and the chapters beyond!

- EM
Fandude chapter 14 . 4/1/2017
It's been damn near a decade since you updated this thing. When's the next update coming?! I'll settle for a chapter saying that you've been busy at this stage, or even just a quick blurb saying how it ends, just POST SOMETHING GODDAMMIT!
DarkFlash343 chapter 14 . 7/21/2016
It's always a treat to come back to this story after a long time. It feels like I'm re-experiencing a great game and a grand adventure all in one. You always manage to paint a vivid picture of the eds' surroundings that would leave even those who had not played Metroid Prime awestruck at their beauty and desolation. You know these characters like the back of your hand and their interactions with the world around them and each other bring a smile to my face. I want you to know that I appreciate every ounce of work you have poured into crafting this wonderful story, and I hope that you enjoy writing it just as much as I enjoy reading it. May life treat you well. See you later.