Reviews for Numbers
FreeWeirdGal chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
I finished the game a few weeks ago and I'm one my second play through, but everytime I think of the things that both Ash and Luke are willing to sacrifice, I burst into tears.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
I like how the two sides of Jade grapple over this matter. The logical and emotional sides of him war inside, trying to figure out if Luke's personal sacrifice is worth saving the world. I enjoyed how you focused much of the story on the tangible numbers involved, which fits Jade's logical perspective.
Quistal chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
I know this story is really old, but I had to comment because it's so well done! I just love the way you portrayed Jade's thoughts here. It was almost poetic, yet still had that scientific and Jade-like quality to it. This portrayal of how he felt at that moment feels completely accurate.
Tears Parallel chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I really like the detached feeling you've kept throughout the whole oneshot, yet at the same time the regret Jade has at being unable to do anything for Luke. You can really see that Jade, who had never cared about death before, is finally realizing how damaging just one death could be.

You can also see him deny caring for the other replicas' deaths, but at the same time he repeated "ten thousand replica sacrifices" two or three times. It shows how much he does care for them - whether it's because he technically created them, or because he feels responsible, we'll never know.

Thanks for the oneshot. I really enjoyed it.
rivendellelve chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Maybe it's because I'm listening to a depressing song right now, but that oneshot made me cry

though it's well written and I love it *adding it to favs*
Do a Barrel Roll chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Wow...depressing, but great.
ShadowSage2 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Very few fics I've read have truly captured balance between Jade's natural coldness and his attachment to Luke, and you have done so magnificently. Excellent job. _
Kichi Hisaki chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Goddamn, that was depressing. And it was in character, so good job on that.

Just...holy shit.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
...This is really good. It works well for Jade's character. I like it.

Well written.
Chocobaby chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
You are awesome! I love how you write Jade! It's perfect! The angst and the repetition is perfect!

Keep up with the good work!
Andydark chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
This depiction of Jade's feelings in such a quantifiable fashion completely fits his character. Few authors can make me peg a character's voice to the lines they write. The emotions you portrayed while remaining so detached...

Amazing...
Tox chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I liked this because it made me look at things in a new way, a good way. I like the style of it and I liked the thought process. It was all very good. Thank you for the excellent read.
natsuuro chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
Wow! You blew me away with that story! That's wonderful! You captured jade just right and really, I think, spelled out what was most likely going through his head! Very nice writing style and wonderful thoughts! keep it up! I hope to see the other stories you mentioned! Are they all going to be from that point in the storyline or are they going to be from different points?
Hikaru Irving chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
Jade angst! I love Jade angst, and how you expressed Jade's feelings in terms of numbers. That's something Jade would do. I liked the repetition of the numbers, (you always use repetition beautifully) and the wishful thinking segment.
princeoffools chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Very, very good writing. I really liked how you played with the repetition at the end and brought it all together. It's hard to make a short writing like with work as a stand-alone story, but you did a fantastic job of it and brought everything together at the end.