Reviews for Another World
sandysan2013 chapter 23 . 9/9/2014
This Doctor really is arrogant. After all he's done, who is he to treat Jack like the unruly child!
Alice Carter chapter 26 . 5/4/2013
I was skeptical about this one at first, about crossovers in general - some of them are just too much of a stretch. But this one worked! It probably doesn't hurt that CI is my favourite L&O spin-off, and I love Goren and Eames. On to the sequel!
Iris Wood chapter 21 . 11/13/2012
After reading the interaction between Jack & the Doctor, I really hope to find a Children of Earth fix it fic... or at least the Doctor intervening in CoE. Or Jack leaving earth with 11th Doctor.

Great crossover BTW. I got lucky to see this as someone's favorite (or on ur profile, though I am pretty sure it was on a favorite list) I have never read a Law &Order CI before, nice and different from the usual choices.

It's been a pleasure reading it;)
erinmcg chapter 26 . 7/16/2012
Just finished this (read the sequel first). It's been about three days since I started them both... You are dangerous, you are. I don't have much patience for fanfic, except when I am bored and here you have cost me a couple days! I even signed up for an account, just so I could comment.

I watch Law & Order from time to time, and I particularly like Bobby and Alex, but really, I am a Torchwood junkie. I found this to be well done from both perspectives and generally very believable. I confess, I like the idea of Jack & Gwen, mainly because Rhys drives me nuts and I love the tension and angst. And I found that your portrayal of Gwen in the sequel was very disappointing, though not so disappointing that I could quit reading.

Thanks for writing and for bringing these two stories together. When I have the time and need for distraction again, I know where to look.
one-blue-eye chapter 26 . 5/1/2012
I LOVE THIS STORY
Zelda of Arel chapter 26 . 8/17/2011
I really loved this fic. Sometimes it's difficult to mash two fandoms, but you did it beautifully. The interaction between Ianto and Jack was done really well too. I know you wrote this fic some time ago, and then the option wasn't available, but it would be cool if you could change the setting to show the crossover. More Torchwood fans could find this.
Lilec Hamira Amdciez chapter 4 . 6/3/2011
Just a quick note, it's TARDIS, not Tardis. All caps. Stands for Time and Relative Dimension In Space. The anagram was first mentioned by Susan Foreman, companion of the first Doctor and his granddaughter in 1.01 of the Classic, And Unearthly Child.
WickedBlue chapter 26 . 1/30/2011
Awesome! I just couldn't stop reading. And I actually had tears in my eyes a few times.
Laimelde chapter 26 . 10/1/2010
I first read this less than a week ago, and went straight on into No Greater Gift, and reviewed there. But I felt I should say something here because I loved this story so much that within a few days I had to come back and read it again. And that's unusual for me -I rarely read a story twice, especially so soon.

So.. congrats! You wrote a story that had me coming back! Keep up the good work :)
black59 chapter 26 . 9/2/2010
still a great story, full of suspense, adrenaline and fear.

But also reconciliation and explanations with the Doctor.

Declaration with Ianto

Giant! really a very nice story!

and the creation of Torchwood 5 with two great detectives! in fact, it makes you want to follow them during their training in Cardiff!
Stossle chapter 26 . 8/17/2010
This story is great! Read it over two days. Really good. I've read quite a few of your stories and I love them, even though they leave me reeling a bit. I read this one even though I've never seen Law and Order before. Which is a testimant to how much I love your stories. You described the characters really well so I feel I know them. I have a bit of constructive critisism and please don't take it badly because I really loved this story and all your writing. I was a bit concerned about how Jack revealed so much to two apparent strangers, but maybe a stranger is the only person you can tell such things. I really like the flashbacks though. They were really sharp. Because I read it in one go I noticed that the end took a bit too long to wrap up. I loved the monster it was really scary and real. It just felt like it was lagging a bit once the monster was gone. It was like you were starting a second story, which I guess you were. Also the relationship discussion while running away from the monster seemed a little out of place. I'll have to read the next one now. See what happens. Keep up the good work. Again please don't be offended by my comments I really did love it.
SilverLunaMoon chapter 26 . 6/30/2010
This is one of the most well written stories I've read:) And even though I haven't seen one episode of law and order, I got really into it.

I really enjoyed the story.
poppaeasabina chapter 15 . 5/27/2010
...of half a mind to ignore the Doctor's directive not to expand his team.

It's nice to have the Doctor around to take an interest when aliens invade, but he does have a tendency to act as if he has some kind of mandate to tell people what to do. He's a successful and benevolent vigilante, not a sheriff.
poppaeasabina chapter 14 . 5/27/2010
There's a lot of exposition in this chapter. I think all this confiding is OOC for Jack; he puts on a display of manic extroversion, but as for actual revelation, he's quite reserved. Consider how little he'd told his team, after working with some of them for four years (first episode).
poppaeasabina chapter 13 . 5/27/2010
"I don't think I've ever met anyone as secretive as you, Jack."

- right after Jack tells the NYPD cops *everything*.