Reviews for All is Well
mngrue chapter 4 . 12/24/2012
Well, that was an awesome ride! Thanks so much for Christmas story.
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 4 . 11/6/2011
AWWWWW.

I'd have given to see a scene with John and Caleb... :3

Ah welllll.
Trena81 chapter 4 . 4/14/2011
I'm not sure if I every gave a review for this fic but I thought I should. I read it for the first time a while ago when I first found your AU. I just re-read it again to make sure that I wasn't screwing anything up while writing my tag to Wendigo.

This is SUCH a great story. It's so well put together and I love all the different POV's. The addition of Esme gives such a great new dimension. Anyway, I just wanted to show my love for this story.

*hugs*
lilykep chapter 4 . 10/20/2010
Thank God everything turned out ok, 'cause there for awhile I was lookin for my torch and pitchfork.
lilykep chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Merde! If your gonna make a girl cry like a baby in the first paragraph YOU NEED TO WARN HER FIRST! I was emotionally unprepared for this chapter. *pulls a Sammy-style b*tchface*
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 4 . 4/22/2010
Aww, we finally reached the much needed fluff. 8)

This was an awesome chapter, and summed everything up nicely. Joshua and Ian's scene was a great way to break up the comfort and humour of the other light-hearted scenes. Added some great drama and mystery there... Very foreboding!

So overall, this was a very angsty story (I went through a few tissues!), but with some lovely fluff - an incredible read. 8)

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 3 . 4/22/2010
Woah... Long chapter, that. 8P

So much drama, angst, mystery, action and suspense wrapped into one. And one heck of a cliffhanger - man, am I glad the next chapter's there!

Poor Joshua got hit on the head. 8 I do like Josh, so I felt quite sorry for him with all the rough treatment he got. Least they've found Caleb. 8)

Very exciting chapter! Loved it muchly.

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 2 . 4/22/2010
Oohh, the angst! My poor heart! *gets tissue*

You know what? I was reading this, and getting sad and emotional, what with the morbid gathering of the Brotherhood and the bittersweet memories, but you wanna know what pushed me over the edge? The straw on the camel's back?

...Atticus.

I knew he was old, but I couldn't remember when he died, and then they say he's gone! I definitely needed the tissues for that one!

Very angsty chapter, I'm needing some fluff, here!

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
OH NO! CALEB'S DEAD!

...Thank God I know it's not true. ;)

Nonetheless, this was a very emotional chapter (my sleeve's a little wet, I must admit), particularly the last part with Dean remaining silent ever since he got the news. It's reminiscent of after his mother died, and tugs at the heart string hardert than ever.

Very sad start to the story - now to go find Caleb. 8)

Alyssa Halliwell chapter 4 . 7/25/2009
Loved this, particularly the first chapter. I really liked the 'flashback' to the earlier christmas.

And I can't help but like Joshua, and him knocking out Ian in the cave was awesome :)
FamousImmortal chapter 4 . 5/16/2009
“I didn’t see any fat guy in a red suit using a sleigh to drag my ass out of that cave. That was all you, Deuce…and your elf Sammy. And if I haven’t made some kind of drug-induced girly scene out of it already; I really appreciate it. You guys saved my life.”

I loved this qoute!
FamousImmortal chapter 2 . 5/16/2009
Dean handed him a package of peanut M & M's. "Dad bought them for me on the ride over. You can have them. Mrs. Morris says I know how to share."

Caleb smiled. "You're not too bad Deuce."

Dean scrunched up his face. "My Dad calls me Ace." He corrected the teenager.

Reaves swung his legs over, and stood up. He tussled Dean's hair. "You're Deuce to me."

\

I loved this part:)
FamousImmortal chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
love it so far!
LittleFairy78 chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
I can't possibly review all your stories as I read them along, since I've read them all in about a week and a half (yeah, cut back on the sleep during that time, but it was worth it).

But this one has gripped me immediately when I first read it, and it's the one I keep coming back to again and again. What makes this story stand out for me is that it has everything in it that makes me love your Brotherhood stories so much. Of course it doesn't have any big developments concerning the 'Brotherhood plot' but character and interaction wise, it has nearly everything.

When I read John telling the boys about Caleb's death, it took me a moment to get the timeframe right, so I was nearly as shocked as Sam and Dean before I noticed that somehow he had to be alive.

And i really have to give kudos to you for the mood you've set in those first two chapters. That scene you set on the farm, the grief was so tangible, and all the reactions were so realistic and in character. When John nearly lost it with Harland I was actually rooting for him to just punch the guy. Just for good measure. Because let's face it, Dick has earned it.

But what really choked me up was Mac - especially knowing what Caleb means to him. I've gotten to love Mac so much over the course of the stories, and my heart went out when you described how he was sitting in Jim's kitchen. And you even topped that desolate moment that really captured his shock and grief with the scene in Caleb's bedroom.

As someone who knows the feeling of losing somebody close to you, I felt that everyting in that scene was just perfect - Mac's hesitation to even enter Caleb's room, that sudden emotional assault of pictures, those little memorabilia and smells that nearly threw him off - I could so relate to what was going on in him that moment, I felt I could really relate to Mac.

His conversation with Dean was so perfect, and there was so much truth in it. Dean's "I don't want memories, I want him back" actually had me choking up.

And Mac's attempts at rationalizing his grief, at defining Dean's stages of grief in an attempt to distance himself from something he can never distance himself from, is great. Not to mention that he's dating Esme, of course ;-) Just a side note, but I think it's a great combination.

I love how you lead up to the discovery of Caleb being alive. How Sam convinces Dean and they take off, Joshua's interference, Ian's interference, their way ot the cave all on their own, it simply was something they would do.

And I gotta use this moment to tell you that I love Joshua as a character. I know there's plenty of reasons why he's not on Sam, Dean or Caleb's Christmas card list, but actually I think he's one of the most predictable characters in your stories, in the way that Joshua will always do what's best for Joshua. It doesn't always make him right, and of course it's simplified, but I love that you have a likeable character in your stories who is not part of the inner circle of close friends Sam and Dean have in the brotherhood. Technically he's on their side, but there's always this nuance about him that he thinks about himself much more than the other characters and that he's not as blindly devoted to the cause as Dean or Caleb are. It makes him such an interesting character. At times I want to punch him, but I guess it comes with the package. And in this story he's simply amazing because he finally gets to show some of the depth that he has, even if he doesn't reveal it to anyone.

All in all I love the story, and the way you wrapped it up. I loved John's reaction to seeing Caleb alive ;-) And I actually liked that Caleb didn't reveal to Dean why he calls him Deuce. Having read the scene when he actually does tell him, it was the much more perfect moment for the revelation.

If there is one thing I have to criticize about the story, it's one thing you said yourself in your last author's notes. I understand about the time issue. But what would really round this story off and make it perfect would be that scene between Mac and Caleb. Maybe one rainy afternoon when there's nothing on TV you'll sit down and write it ;-) It would make me happy. And the fact that I'm asking for a scene between two OCs in a story where the canon characters already have so much tension, emotions and other baggage one could write about should tell you something about just how much I love this story, and the Brotherhood universe.

Laura
SomeoneElsesDream chapter 4 . 1/23/2008
Ok. It's the middle of January and I am just now getting aroiund to reading everyone's Christmas fic. It's been a busy holiday season.

Wow. I am more in love with Mac in every story - he's perfect in so many ways - mostly in his imperfections. I love that he's seeing Esme. Too cute. Caleb is still my favorite. With every story you write I find myself wishing you were in charge of Supernatural - the Brotherhood is so compelling that it's hard not to watch episodes just waiting to see what you think. It's too bad you had to stop doing episode stories...stupid SN writers messing up the Mojo.

Love as always Ridley!