Reviews for The Year of Living Quietly
CPAnthoni chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Wow, very good. Very in character. I can see this happening.
Shannanigans chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Well told! An interesting read.
Simply Shelby chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
This was so delicately heartbreaking.

To see the boys live so happily domestic (Dean baking was a lovely detail!) and hope that it stays that way forever, only to watch as everything crumbles-foreshadowing Sam's departure.

I adore the way you made Sam talk without really talking: 'Makes a brief abortive movement to his stomach, slightly widens his eyes. Kind of hungry.' and Dean being so in tune with his brother that he doesn't really notice.

And this phrase: 'Sam curled up next to Dean’s ribs, so that Dean can feel the shift of air in Sam’s lungs' is so beautiful, it's stuck with me forever.

Well done!

Thank you for sharing!
East chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Exquisite. Reading this story was disturbingly similar to throwing down an ice cold bottle of water after a very long and sweaty hike. In other words, refreshing and satisfying. Achingly melodic. I am referring to the snippets that describe Dean's thoughts. Looking forward to reading more of your work. Just another avid fanfic reader, East.
K-Marie-M chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
taht was really good. I enjoyed it alot.
devon99 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
I rec this story all the while, just did so again on SPN storyfinders and just realised that I have never even reviewed it or told you how much I adore this story. And I do, adore it.

Its one of my all time favourite stories. Lovely sentiments, achingly sad in parts and a fabulous sense of flow and use of language.
shuchong chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Awesome! I love your take on Dean: how he loves his brother with such determination, how he muddles through, how he does his best to deal with everything life throws at him.
astranger81 chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Adamned fine story, you actually had me kinda crying by the end. Poor broken family
umino-gaara chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
This was a very interesting possibility of Sam'n'Dean's early life.
Dragonflysoul chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Aww, I REALLY enjoyed this! Thank you! Going into my favorites;)
Rat chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Great story, I really enjoyed it!
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Sam sure said a lot when he wasn't saying anything and Dean could read him like a book.

So complex. And original. And very well done.
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
This story was recommended at the Live Journal Supernatural Storyfinders and I'm so glad I checked it out. What a powerful piece, showing the brotherly bond these two have. Great work!
Kalira of the flames chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Great view into the Winchester's home life. I've been wondering how often they moved around when they were that young in order for Sam to get a decent education. Losing his will to talk does seem like something Sam would do for awhile.

I loved Dean's characterization and the thought 'You're my home.' really sums up what Dean thinks of their nomadic life; his home being his Dad, the Impala, and Sammy. It really explains why Dean is so desperate to pick Sam up in the pilot and get his family, his HOME, back again.

Nice little story. Love Domestic!Dean
NightSpear chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
This was ridiculously beautiful. Thanks for such a moving story.
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »