Reviews for The Five Steps
C0mdLicAt3p chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
*presses like button* :3
mumblybee chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
I don't remember if I've already reviewed this. It's difficult for me to express how much I love this story other than to say holy shit, I freaking love this story. "...lakes of blistering venom..." I hope you realize that you're ridiculously amazing.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Aw, I'm doing that "review a really old story thing", but still. This was great. Each bit is exactly the right length and the writing gives a density and grittiness to the Kingdom Hearts universe. I love "Xemnas thinks it's like one of those patterns in nature, chemistry but with resource management." and the whole second one and "Death is a funny thing. It leaves no indentation, no silhouette where what used to be no longer is,", and "It tastes like sawdust." An awesome read.
The Anonymite chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Love.
I'm Beth chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
O mah gawd! That- that- that just made me -oh!

*keyboard smash*dsfnmldsnklsfDKLJSGJKDfs
Naive-Symphony chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
great concept, this is really something. it fits perfectly.
Vixen2004 chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
" ... lakes of blistering venom pooled behind his eyes."

Have I professed my love for you lately?

(I believe the answer to that would be a resounding no, considering this is my first review I chose to compose pertaining to any of your stories, but everyone's gotta start somewhere, and I suppose smothering you with terms of endearment followed in quick succession by my unyielding loyalty from now until the end of time is most likely the best way to go about such things.)

This composition was peppered with epic quotations of description.

I don't know where you come up with this stuff, but rest assured, it is most undoubtedly intriguing (to say the least - ha.)

" ... Death is a funny thing. It leaves no indentation, no silhouette where what used to be no longer is, and before he knows it, Donald’s voice is in his ears, squawking, “Sora, are you okay? What’s wrong with your eyes?”

" ... He blinks, registers the stinging sharpness. It catches him by surprise, rising from some place within that’s distinctly unvisceral, not of his flesh and soul. Echoingly vast and empty ... "

Gah. Love. Just. Pure, undiluted love.

" ... Yet another story brought to you by It's All About Axel And Roxas, All The Time ... "

TRU FAX.

And you have currently taken up residency as my official hero. Figured you should know.
MOLTENblue chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
"In the background, the sea murmurs quietly, white noise on a textureless day, neither weight nor flavor." Uhm, love this line! Gorgeous. This was saddening (Grr, Sora), but hey, it's a saddening couple! So doomed and depressed and whatnot. Nice idea. Good writing. Like the captions before every part.
Versace Frolic chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Beautiful. The idea is well executed, and the writing is so good that it shames other writers. I mean, this is in a differently realm entirely.

I'm trying to think of something else that's just a as good, just as powerful... but I get nothing. I mean, I like the work of other ffnet writers, but this is just something else entirely. You're the gold standard.
cheesynoodle chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
Ack–I love your writing so much. Every piece of yours I read leaves me totally satisfied (well, as much as un-happy endings can), but in another way wanting more of writing.
Masterday chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
I am really sick of cannon akuroku stories-they all seem the same to me. I mean really, we all know what happened, no need to repeat it, please. But this, this was great. The shifting perspectives of people who have no idea as to what is really going on, the reader putting the pieces together, it's all wonderful. The only cannon akuroku fabfiction I will posibly ever like. :)

Elda~
Nozomi-sama chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
When you're reading this one-shot it may seem that it's about absolutely nothing. But really, it's about a lot more. That brilliant. I admire people who can do that-you know, say things without saying 'em (I might have mentioned this before. ;).

Now, you don't often use the less is more theory in your writing. But here, I think you did. I'm terribly jealous of how you are capabale of writing in so many different syles but still manage to maintain one, main voice. Great job.
the author formerly known as chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
All About Axel and Roxas, ALl the Timethe way to go.

"The air around him crackles like winter static. "

? I have no clue where you thought up that line. But it pwns.
oddstick chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
Great way to capture so much in such a short amount of words. Very depressing, but it gives a new dimension to the scenes in the game. Lovely work.
LifesLover chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
That was just a bit sad. I loved it though. What a great oneshot. Kind of a way to explain the steps of grief. Poor Axel. Me loveys!