Reviews for Selfish
Kanon58 chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
KUSO SO GREAT TTWTT THE FEELS ATTACKING HUHU YOU DISPLAYED VERY WELL HOW DARK GUY REALLY WAS AND CARING TO THE POINT OF THAT HE LIKE TO KIDNAP LUKE JUST NOT TO SACRIFICE HIS SELF FOR THE WORLD WHO NEVER DID CARE FOR HIS HOME 'HOD' :D
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
A great partner piece to Numbers, this story really digs into the emotional side of Luke's sacrifice. I like your perspective of Guy, and how his big brother side rears its head at the thought of Luke hurting. And he's true, Luke may look older...but he's only seven years old. Which makes his willingness to die for others that much sadder in my perspective (and Guy's too).
Quistal chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Agh you're killing me with your stunning characterizations! Why are they so accurate and why does this fic pull at my heartstrings the way it does? ;_;
beingzen chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I cried. Because through all the anime (I can't play the game for various reasons) I kept thinking that the people travelling with Luke were unfair. Unfair when they got disappointed after Luke made the mines fall because they couldn't possibly want him to act accordingly when they never explained a damn thing to him when he asked. Unfair because stupid Natalia kept wanting Luke to turn bak to something he couldn't possibly be if he couldn't remember and she ran after her beloved Asch and discarted Luke without a second thought. Then, when I learned Luke was a replica it all made sense. He IS seven years old. How can anyone expect a seven year old to act like a grown up?

Your fanfiction is amazing.
Tears Parallel chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I really enjoyed the repetition of "how selfish" Guy was to want to keep the last thing he had left. It really brought out the irony of his words in how the world views Guy as selfish for wanting to save his best friend, but really the world is selfish for demanding that Guy sacrifice everything for them. You really brought out Guy's agony well, and the way his thoughts keep on looping back to "He's selfish" really shows us how much it bugs him.

I loved the whole entire piece, but what really stuck out to me was the line, "Can't they see this boy is only seven and he's still a child, a child still ... ?" The two different ways you've said "still a child" just got to me, especially since you can tell how much Guy agonizes over his friend's supposed short life. And the way he stays loyal to the end just makes it even sadder.

I could point out so many more things I've enjoyed but then the list would just get too long. You've done this scene of the game justice. I'm really satisfied at how you've written this. Never stop writing, as you have beautiful prose.
Tenkasen chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Extremely well written, and beautiful. I enjoyed it immensely. Well done.
Jaganthunder chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Wow... I have to say that there are no words to describe how enamored I have become with your 'Tales of the Abyss' fanfic writing,. I particularly enjoy reading the ones about Luke and Guy's bond (though 'Numbers' was good, too). With this one, it's as if you are delving into my mind and writing down thoughts and perceptions that I can't (yet) seem to form into a story. And that might sound creepy but I mean it in a good way. Your writing on these characters is fantastic and please continue to write more pieces about them, and thanks for the exeptionally good read.
Pup-Ashbless chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Ouch, this was not the happiest part in the game and you certainly conveyed that well. I like how you got into Guy's head and showed what Luke meant to him. Besides Pere, Luke is probably the only other person to Guy who is like family to him. Your flow and repetition of certain words makes it all the more messy and controlled with all the human emotions one could have like that. This really does seem like what Guy had been thinking if you take his outbursts in.

Oh Guy, you're not selfish. Just tired of losing more loved ones. (

Great job. D
Chocobaby chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
BEAUTIFUL! SO BEAUTIFUL! You write Guy so well! This is an amazing story! I love it!

Yes, I hate that part of the game! It made me cry like the one with I group and ME group protecting them!
Andydark chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Once again, you manage to portray exactly what must be running through Guy's mind during all of this. The repetition in this story also seems to relay Guy's rising emotions... Amazingly written.
Andydark chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
This story is gorgeous. It captures exactly how Guy feels, and manages to tug at heart strings. You truly are a brilliant writer.
natsuuro chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
'Scuse me *blows nose* Okay. That was beautiful! You put it all in so well! So perfectly! it makes sense and it's so well written! I can't wait to see more! The story held so much emotion and such a beautiful quality that isn't in many stories! five times applaud for you!
Hikaru Irving chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
I cried. *sniff* That was so sad. Guy's angst was right-on, and powerful. I loved the paragraphs describing all his feelings and how he wanted to do all he could, whatever he could, if possible, to keep Luke alive.
Colleen chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
words can't express how much I love this fic

it captures the time just right
Yumi Asuka chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Hm, ya know I saw "Numbers" the other day, and knew not to read it because when it comes to TotA, and Luke mostly, I definitely cannot handle the angst. I mean I love the angst and tragedy throughout the whole game, hell I'm playing through it again now. But I know I get too into the emotions, end up crying, and thus give myself a headache.

Anyway, I avoided "Numbers" because I knew I'd cry. Then I saw "Selfish". Well right then I went back and read "Numbers" and sniffled because I love Jade. How can you not, right? He may seem all science and sarcasm, but we all know it's his sort of defense mechanism from emotions he's uncomfortable with. Absolutely admire how you wrote his perception.

Then I read "Selfish". Damn did I cry. Guy is such a raw person in a sense, with how he was forced to grow up and later practically raising Luke. The person he is at "present" because of it. And you just got all of that down. Just wrote it all down. Luke too.

I do hope you enjoy writing these enough to write more of the characters' perspectives. Maybe not Natalia's. Kidding. I just disagreed with her and her actions often during the game. And I don't know how far you've gone, but I must say, there is one part where I wish I was Jade.

Being an AschxLuke writer(though it's not on ff yet) I'd hint/nudge at wanting to see Asch's perspective through your writing.

Hoo-boy, I'm all tuckered out. Beautiful oneshots. Oh, I'm sorry if reviewing both through "Selfish" irks you at all. I thought it would be more convenient.