Reviews for Love and War
LadyVic chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
You do an amazing job with the brotherly banter. I love the way you took a serious issue between them and handled it in true Dean style- with snarky comments that still got their point across. Loved the story.
pandora jazz chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
What an awesome ending! Thank you for the brother moments and the smile, I needed that.

Sam did need to go to college, so he could come back and want to hunt. But I'm glad he said he was sorry for not talking to Dean, that is one thing I never understood, didn't he ever wonder if Dean was still alive or is it because he wanted to believe nothing bad could happen to his big brother?

Favorite lines -'...returning the favor and ignoring Sam while he wandered around the museum probably wasn't a good reward. Dr. Spock was all for positive reinforcement for the kiddies'

-'He didn't have much. But he had Sam. He had his car. It was enough.' So perfect.

-'Dean waited for Sam to catch up, and they fell into step, walking side-by-side.' I love when the Dean and Sam do that on the show.

Thank you for sharing another story with us. I'll look for your next one, if not before the New Year, Happy Holidays!

Take care.
Stand In Girl chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
Love the wrap-up! And I love the "old-school angst" as you put it. They never really talked about it that much, but it must still piss Dean off when he thinks about the way Sam shut him out. Cute at the end, with the cars; I loved the part about hubcaps and distributor caps and one of them going on a car! This line was particularly poetic: "If he was going to be alone, he’d just as soon be by himself." Very Deanlike.

I also really liked Sam's guilty reaction. I don't think he ever intentionally meant to hurt Dean; he just wanted to get the heck away. But he realized, through the process of your story, that in doing so he really wounded his brother. Going to college I think was actually very brave of him; it must have been hard to pick up and walk away from everything he'd known. But he didn't HAVE to cut Dean out, just because Dean was still loyal to John and still connected to the life Sam wanted to leave behind. And Dean shaking off the anger and sadness and telling Sam not to feel guilty is classic Dean.

Awesome job! Another great fic!
vanillafluffy chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
This really works. It's been a sweet ride.
TraSan chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
*giggle-snort*

I have the funniest image now of those Winchester boys in purple spandex outfits shouting, "Wonder Twin Powers, activate!"

"Shape of: an emo-bro with lots of fro."

"Form of: a rocking water fall."

And then...there's Gleep.

Oh man, I'm reasonably certain that WAS loose-leaf green tea I had this afternoon. Better go check the label.

Thanks for the wonderfully entertaining fic. Just wonderful - as always.
brighette chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
Lol, I was so confused! I thought you had reposted the story, or something like that - but I own Brotherhood 2 :) As always, nothing but love for your stories!
JoyofReading chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
God job! Good way to wrap up the story. You wrote the boys perfectly.

I can't wait to see what you write next.
Deanaholic1 chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
GREAT JOB!
Rinne chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
He. Great ending.
Amy chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
That was a nice ending. Dean did feel abandoned and Sam does carry a lot of guilt (and probably his own sense of abandonment as well), both boys have their pain, but it's good to see them getting back to basics. Teasing and joking. The cracks about flowers and happy meals had me laughing. So Dean.
devonshire64 chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
awesome ending to another fantastic story. i loved dean's insights into life while sam was gone, and his resignation that he was going to be alone, with sam there or not. and i can just picture the cars, sitting silently behind the ropes. the description of them was fantastic, like caged animals... just brilliant. loved it and, as always, cant wait for more.
Thorny Hedge chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
So refreshing to read something with a plot these days. Love it! Thanks.
Poaetpainter chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
Great fic, I loved it
Loli chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
Sweet story! Looking forward to more from you, soon!
JazzyIrish chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
OK, so not a complete lurker... I didn't review each chapter, but wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this fic. Dean and his love of cars actually puts Sam in jeopardy. Interesting story for a hunt - a ghost seeking revenge on a mailman who didn't deliver his letters and stole his wife. (hey, that almost beats the real story of a mailman who was shot in the leg for delivering mail late!) Love the humor that you intersperse throughout. But some serious brother talk too about Sam's not talking to Dean while he was at Stanford. (I'm going to stay out of that fray).

Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Until next time...
120 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »