Reviews for The Courtship of River Tam
yesimadramaqueen chapter 14 . 2/28/2009
This was really good! i love the badger/river/mal idea. great job :)
aikakone chapter 4 . 6/10/2008
Haha! Love how Badger stiffed them with the bill. Brilliant move. :)
aikakone chapter 3 . 6/10/2008
The "I love my captain" quote reminded me of Kaylee, not River. Stuff I liked included Mal's bit of chivalry in helping River out of the mule, the mention of pilot-y things that works so well wit the captain-y things of last chapter, and then River's admission of not really being from Dyton Colony. I expected more smarm from Badger, but this was a good surprise.
aikakone chapter 2 . 6/10/2008
I thought your Zoe voice in this chapter was very good, and you've captured frustrated Mal very easily.

I'm not agreeing with Zoe on the shudder. I'm curious to see what more happens.
aikakone chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
New fan of Mark Sheppard, so I went to look for Badger fic. I have to tell you that the idea of him smiling like that really would be disconcerting! I can only wonder what hijinks are afoot. So now that I'm hooked in, I'll have to read the rest!
celticfox chapter 3 . 2/10/2008
...disturbing yet strangely plausible.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 14 . 2/2/2008
What a great ending! So sad the story's over. River finally found a better man than Badger. I guess nearly every man is better than Badger. Yuck!
Papillonbelle chapter 14 . 1/30/2008
*SQUE!*

wonderful conclusion!
queenjane516 chapter 13 . 1/29/2008
aw! he finally said it!

even though i want to read more, it almost sounds like an ending right there: "Because I love you"

That would be a very fitting end, i think...but don't you dare stop...or else... :-)
happyhooligan2001 chapter 13 . 1/29/2008
I looks like Higgins is now another potential boyfriend for River along with Badger, Malcolm, and Jayne. That girl is popular.
Roman Paladin chapter 12 . 1/29/2008
I have to admit, I find the idea of Badger and River as repulsive as the crew does. But I suppose it is quite plausible given the frame work you've established in the story thus far.

Good job! I look forward to more!
Abbeygirl1 chapter 11 . 1/16/2008
“Ain’t the cap’ns woman, my ass,” Jayne said to no one in particular.

Hee-hee!
Gwenfrewi72 chapter 11 . 1/15/2008
BRILLIANT! Love Jayne needlin' the captain like that. I love my merc.

Can't wait for more.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 10 . 1/9/2008
One thing River managed to do was make Badger think about somebody besides Badger. He actually went back and attempted to rescue her putting himself at risk. Very UnBadgerlike behavior. It must be Luv.
Gwenfrewi72 chapter 6 . 12/23/2007
Oh but is River's plan gonna turn against her? When Mal realizes she's not a little girl and sees her as a woman, won't that lead to interesting reactions.

I'm still staying tuned. Dying to see where this is gonna end up!