Reviews for The Garage Sale
Silver Alpha chapter 5 . 8/11/2015
Haha I don't think I quite understand what happened or how that had anything to do with the garage sale. But I loved them all anyways XDXD absolutely brilliant
euphoricxdreamer chapter 5 . 8/6/2012
LOOL That was jokes! :D
Arraya chapter 5 . 7/28/2010
Oh My God. This is the cutest fic ever! Thanks for writing & sharing...I really appreciate when someone with talent writes...ugh the amount of terrible fic I have to sort through before I come across a lovely one such as this. Thanks again, off to read Morning Star now.
Saydonee chapter 4 . 4/2/2010
"Ugh, it's warm," mumbled Edward, apparently unable to shut out Carlisle's thoughts. OMG that is freaking hilarious!
cheesebananas'n'twilight4Gail chapter 5 . 3/31/2010
Hahaha that was epic ;)
Wink84 chapter 5 . 1/18/2010
AHH such a great story! such a simple but fun storyline, its amazing how something so small can be so entertaining.
Blackstar82 chapter 5 . 12/31/2009
very cute, i liked the idea of putting them in a very normal life situation and putting that vampire spin on it.

two thumbs up!

_
randomscreamfest chapter 5 . 12/27/2009
hahahahahahahahahahahaha that was perfect!
kathi773 chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
This was great! I especially liked the little bit Edward did with his credit card, very visual
mehek18 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
ohh its perfect, i love it. oh god i was soo lolz, u shud so made it longer and continue lolz. i want to read sum more activites with cullens
bookish327 chapter 5 . 9/13/2009
This was so funny. What a great anachronism: the wealthy and cultured Cullens having a garage sale. I have nothing against these sales myself because you can get amazing deals at them, but the idea is rife with irony when you think about: a.) they don't need the money that they'll gain from the sale, b.) none of them would ever buy anything from a garage sale themselves, and c.) how much they try to fly below the radar in Forks, and here they are inviting people to mill around their yard and see everything that they've ever owned that they don't want anymore. Great for being inconspicuous (especially with the "fantasywear" :-) ).

You did a great job at mining all potential humor in this concept, from Alice & Edward not having ever heard of a garage sale or yard sale, to the issue of pricing so much stuff, to Alice not wanting to part with anything and wanting approval/veto power over the buyers of her treasures, to including little nuggets of gold such as the details of old fads like Forenza sweaters from the 80s, to finally the type of expert sale-goers who will haggle fearlessly. (Your vivid description of that woman and her attempts to flirt with Carlisle to get a better deal were priceless. I could picture it all. I liked that Esme wouldn't save him from the woman, either, just giving him a beautiful smile. Poor guy; over 300 years of existence doesn't prepare you for everything. The line about the money being "warm" was also fantastic. Lysol is our friend in such situations.)

I loved how Bella was finally the most knowledgeable one in the figurative "room" when it came to this subject; she's usually always having the exposition thrown at her because she doesn't know as much about the vampire world as the Cullens do. So, it was fun for her to be the expert on something.

The only possible idea that I had while reading that you didn't hit on was the "extreme" hagglers: the people who will see something marked for $5 and offer you a dime for it, so that they can eventually talk you down to $1 as the final negotiated price, just so they'll go away and leave you alone. Otherwise, you covered everything that I could have thought of. AND it was written so well, too. Both funny and well-written, so great job!
persephonesfolly chapter 5 . 8/18/2009
I don't know which was funnier, Alice's chagrin at the thought of selling her stuff, or Rosalie's reaction to the loss of her car.

Nicely done!
luna andie chapter 5 . 6/25/2009
This story was great. It really made me laugh.

Any more ideas like this one?
tatie87 chapter 5 . 5/7/2009
Hysterical! raffling off Rose's BMW was classic.
styling16 chapter 5 . 5/2/2009
ahahahahhaha ahahahaha

mike newton got the convertible hhaahahah