Reviews for The Ultimate Ace
zipscool chapter 24 . 4/14
This is easily one of, if not the best Ace Combat story on the site. Unlike most writers here (particularly those who have experience in the military), you appear to know your stuff, whether that's research done or your own experience, having noted your little AN's which mention your own flight training, everything sounds pretty legitimate. Again, unlike most writers here, you also seem to have a knack for crafting your prose to make it read well and make it interesting where so many others get bogged down in so much detail that the pacing not so much grinds as bone-jarringly slams to a halt.

There's a few typos here and there, mostly letters, and on one or two instances, entire words, missed out, but nothing that ever took me completely out of the story. I dig the reworked dialogue, or the removal of it entirely where appropriate, and I also like the way you've almost seamlessly blended Shattered Skies with The Unsung War (or Squadron Leader as it's known over here in rainy old England), I also like the method of characterising the Mobius Squadron after historical aces/aviation figures. As someone who's had a rather keen interest in the history of flight, which, to me, wasn't so much throwing me a bone as it was frying an entire steak dinner and saying 'have at it'.

The only real thing I'll say to the story's detriment is the almost criminally long update time since 24. I appreciate everyone has reality to attend to, and if you've applied or have already joined your nation's air force as your ANs imply, I can see how that might eat into your free time. Nevertheless, know that there is a significant audience hotly anticipating the release of the next chapter, and, regardless of whenever that update might come, I have the feeling none of us will be disappointed.
RafaDinelli26.08 chapter 24 . 3/29
Please, finish the 4 chapters that are pending... Maybe I'm just like Chopper in the last line of chapter 24, haha! Anyway, a very good story that got me hooked from the first chapter.
Duckman36 chapter 24 . 1/21
It took me a couple of days to read this, and I was hooked from the start! I love it!
Xcom-anders chapter 24 . 1/8
Writer's block is a b***h, isn't it? We'll, I guess all I can say is thank you for the ride through one of my favorite PS2 games, on a perspective that a lot of people do nowhere nearly as much justice as you do.
Guardian chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
awesome man. You gave a almost silent protagonist a history, character and attitude. loving it, hope you do a fic for skies of deception as the story was insanely awesome and your writing style might just do the magic

P.S.
it wont hurt if you add more action, drama, even romance or deviate a bit from the game(plot).
A Happy Ace chapter 24 . 10/15/2013
PLZ Finish! Read this fic a year ago and fell in love. Read a second time today and im still in love. Just don't leave this kind of cliffhanger because its gona kill us :'(.
Soban Tetsuo chapter 24 . 6/26/2013
Dude there's only like 3 missions left, come on and finish it up. )
person910 chapter 8 . 5/10/2013
Just so you know it is the F-105 Thunderchief, not the F-111 Freedom Fighter.
Lightning4119 chapter 13 . 2/25/2013
Actually ELF isn't done between subs. Due to the low frequency of the transmissions it takes a very long time to send even one letter, and that's usually a pre-coded signal to come to periscope depth and trail a UHF wire to get a real message. The transmitter is also huge, which is why it's only ever used to communicate to subs, and not from them.
Lightning4119 chapter 9 . 2/15/2013
Couldn't the four of them just say that it wouldn't be possible for them to attack the civilian target, because they weren't loaded with air-to-ground weapons? Not to mention that the gun camera footage would prove they never fired guns on any ground targets.
Cartoonny chapter 24 . 2/5/2013
Wow, this is really starting to come together really quite nicely! I really hope ya get to updating it soon...
Stalker117 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Just read the first chaper. Really cool stuff.

I've yet to read the rest but I have a question: will you make the 2 seaters piloted by just one person? I mean, your writingis really cool, but it somehow drags me out of the thing when I read the reference to the Phantom and there was no reference to a second crewmember. I know, I'm nitpicking, but I'm a great aviation enthusiast and its hard for me to avoid it.

Anyhow, this is awesome. Will keep reading. :)
StrigonOne chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
This is really well written first off. It took me awhile to realize that this are the actual events that transpired in AC5 (which is the best Ace Combat for me) from the viewpoint of Blaze, which we don't even hear him speak during the entire game. This gives me a new perspective to the AC5 story. Just a question though, did you do research on air combat protocols (like the take-off sequences)? Or are you a real life pilot?
Whale chapter 24 . 11/17/2012
Found this, read in a couple days, and I have to say this is a very good story. But why is this seemingly abandoned?
Sky EXE chapter 24 . 9/23/2012
What's taking so long with the next chapter?! I figured you would be done with them by now! This is a great fic, and waiting three years for an update for a fic like this is really pushing my parience.

Sorry about me ranting. Here's the actual review now.

This is an aewsome fic, and I can't wait for the next update!