Reviews for The Ultimate Ace
SidenPryde chapter 24 . 5/26
Great story. Sad to see it unfinished so close to the end.
Karaya 1 chapter 24 . 2/12
I don't know if you'll ever see this, but I just wanted to say on the behalf of myself and probably a lot of other guys here, Thank you. This piece is what inspired me to start writing for fun, and without it I doubt my story would have ever been published on here, let alone started. So I hope one day you may return, and give us an end to this legendary story.
Thanks for everything,
Karaya 1
Guest chapter 24 . 9/17/2014
Hi there , love reading your chapters , can you please continue , have to know how it end...
Guest chapter 3 . 9/6/2014
to bad u didn't continue
Guest chapter 24 . 6/25/2014
Need to add more
Azekthi chapter 24 . 5/31/2014
I had been browsing this site for a while before finding this story, but this story is what made me stay. It's been at least a year or two since I sat down and read the entire thing, but this remains my favorite story of all-time on here. I sincerely hope it will be updated and finished.
zipscool chapter 24 . 4/14/2014
This is easily one of, if not the best Ace Combat story on the site. Unlike most writers here (particularly those who have experience in the military), you appear to know your stuff, whether that's research done or your own experience, having noted your little AN's which mention your own flight training, everything sounds pretty legitimate. Again, unlike most writers here, you also seem to have a knack for crafting your prose to make it read well and make it interesting where so many others get bogged down in so much detail that the pacing not so much grinds as bone-jarringly slams to a halt.

There's a few typos here and there, mostly letters, and on one or two instances, entire words, missed out, but nothing that ever took me completely out of the story. I dig the reworked dialogue, or the removal of it entirely where appropriate, and I also like the way you've almost seamlessly blended Shattered Skies with The Unsung War (or Squadron Leader as it's known over here in rainy old England), I also like the method of characterising the Mobius Squadron after historical aces/aviation figures. As someone who's had a rather keen interest in the history of flight, which, to me, wasn't so much throwing me a bone as it was frying an entire steak dinner and saying 'have at it'.

The only real thing I'll say to the story's detriment is the almost criminally long update time since 24. I appreciate everyone has reality to attend to, and if you've applied or have already joined your nation's air force as your ANs imply, I can see how that might eat into your free time. Nevertheless, know that there is a significant audience hotly anticipating the release of the next chapter, and, regardless of whenever that update might come, I have the feeling none of us will be disappointed.
RafaDinelli26.08 chapter 24 . 3/29/2014
Please, finish the 4 chapters that are pending... Maybe I'm just like Chopper in the last line of chapter 24, haha! Anyway, a very good story that got me hooked from the first chapter.
A White Duck chapter 24 . 1/21/2014
It took me a couple of days to read this, and I was hooked from the start! I love it!
Xcom-anders chapter 24 . 1/8/2014
Writer's block is a b***h, isn't it? We'll, I guess all I can say is thank you for the ride through one of my favorite PS2 games, on a perspective that a lot of people do nowhere nearly as much justice as you do.
Guardian chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
awesome man. You gave a almost silent protagonist a history, character and attitude. loving it, hope you do a fic for skies of deception as the story was insanely awesome and your writing style might just do the magic

P.S.
it wont hurt if you add more action, drama, even romance or deviate a bit from the game(plot).
A Happy Ace chapter 24 . 10/15/2013
PLZ Finish! Read this fic a year ago and fell in love. Read a second time today and im still in love. Just don't leave this kind of cliffhanger because its gona kill us :'(.
Soban Tetsuo chapter 24 . 6/26/2013
Dude there's only like 3 missions left, come on and finish it up. )
UAFCipher032 chapter 8 . 5/10/2013
Just so you know it is the F-105 Thunderchief, not the F-111 Freedom Fighter.
Lightning4119 chapter 13 . 2/25/2013
Actually ELF isn't done between subs. Due to the low frequency of the transmissions it takes a very long time to send even one letter, and that's usually a pre-coded signal to come to periscope depth and trail a UHF wire to get a real message. The transmitter is also huge, which is why it's only ever used to communicate to subs, and not from them.