Reviews for Diplomatic Piracy 2: Black Iron Key
Erbanana chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Yay! Pirates of the Carribean xover! I love it, I love it, I like it!
Falero lero lero chapter 10 . 6/5/2013
I like your sequels.
Mary Craig chapter 10 . 3/14/2012
:-) I'm enjoying this story; a very different Discworld tale, but with lots of twists and turns and characters. Very AU but coherant.

Thank you for writing, I hope you feel inclined to continue even if few readers do leave a review, I'm sure if the system was set up to leave kudos that you'd be swamped with them though. A little gentle encouragement from those uncomfortable about writing.

kind regards,

Mary
Big Cat chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
wow! I know you are a skilled author so when I started reading I knew I should expect something major. So it was.

Great idea, great story (at least a beginning of one) I shall look over you, as far as I can, but I do expect a good time of reading.

Please continue.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 10 . 8/2/2011
The plot thickens...maybe add a little more cream to prevent it from congealing and turn down the heat. :P
Zarohk Korobase chapter 10 . 7/25/2011
Wow! Stories that shape the world, a pirate so powerful (with a ring that's half-folklore half-Hallow [specifically the Cloak of Invisibility that hides you from Death himself]) that the gods made a monster to prevent anyone from getting that sort of power every again. I wonder if they made Bloodskull into the monster, giving him the eternal life he had hoped for and the terror he wished to inspire, knowing that his jealously would inspire him to seek out and kill all others holding any of the artifacts of power that would allow them to find the ring.
i am the stig chapter 9 . 8/15/2010
i don't know why i never bothered to read this before! this is so entertaining! i can see elements from pirates of the carribean but there are still things i don't expect!

it really grabs!

...actually i do recall reading the first part once but not being able to get past the idea of vetinari selling watches and trees... perhaps you could have left that bit out and made him go straight to pirating after retirement or something... perhaps you could also do a one shot about why he was exiled!

anyway, this is seriously entertaining and i'd love to hear the end!
Anonymous chapter 9 . 12/6/2009
This was a delicious installment. -So glad to see another out.

(Heh. I'll definitely be revisiting Pirates of the Caribbean this coming vacation.)

"That's what she said." Oh man. The expression that had everyone I've known bursting out in laughter but for some reason never seemed to click with me, has actually managed to leave a stitch in my side. I've just now seen the light.

My family has had a few amusing jokes ongoing, about noodling, so enjoyed that touch, too.

Can't thank you enough for this incredible story.

You're -brilliant.-
tc chapter 9 . 11/30/2009
Yoda, sorry, Yorba is a lovely character. Crotchety and wise, and without too much of the disturbing flirtiness you sometimes get with old, short, stout witches.

I liked the estuary dolphins too. They don't get too may gigs, but they are delightfully ugly critters, and deserve to get out more often.

Spalding'd character gets a push-along too. Seems that he has discovered the elixir of longevity, though it turns out to have a catch. Doesn't stop you fom growing old, just stops you from dying from it. Definite drawback that is.
tc chapter 8 . 11/30/2009
Engaging action froma se a monster with bloody great teeth on. Pulling out the Leonards from the Emergency Backup Plan to escape was a good touch.
tc chapter 7 . 11/29/2009
I like Spalding.

Leonards? A-la da Quirm, I guess. And the Missus sounds like she might be a siren or something. Interesting, things building up still. Keeps the reader turning the pages, wanting to find out more.
tc chapter 6 . 11/29/2009
The swimming and escaping lessons were good. Vetinari reverting to a teaching mode. I wonder if he taught at the guild at any point? That reminds me, the references to the 'Great accountants, Vol I' with the hidden book on camouflage (couple of chapters back) was a nice touch too.

Why did Sam slide the crossbow down the hatch? Seems incongruous detail.
tc chapter 5 . 11/29/2009
What can you misspell that ends up as Integer? Intrigue maybe?

Is this a clue or a throwaway line?

Sheepshank is a good choice to fail on. It's a simple enough knot but because of its exended nature it can be tricky. Something amusing would be to make up a knot. Call it an Ankh-Morpork, used when two ropes of different quality have to be joined, say when one has been exposed to the Ankh for any length of time and the other hasn't.
tc chapter 4 . 11/29/2009
Building suspense. Is it the curse of the key, or DEATH'S watch that caused the injury to Vetinari? I wonder why Drumknott was smirking? That seemed odd. What are the two of them up to? Was the whole conversation staged for Sam's benefit or am I suffeering from narrative paranoia?
tc chapter 3 . 11/29/2009
Well, the deal with DEATH explains a lot. Nice touch. Not like Vetinari to overlook a clause though. Perhaps there needs to be 'fine text'. I mean really fine, electron-microscope fine.

Tying young Sam in with his father's profession via the foot complaint works well on a number of levels.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »