Reviews for All Choked Up
sammygirl1963 chapter 2 . 11/26/2009
Wow what a story. I really ran through the gamut of emotions with this one from wanting ti kick John's ass. to wanting to knock him up along side the head for not paying attention to Sammy's needs. I mean when Dean did that chokehold on the kid...I nearly freaked. And then to find out just how sick he was...damn what a story!
Crimson Ivy chapter 2 . 10/27/2009
Great story, I liked it so much!

I found the "choking scene" really fascinating in some kind of a dark way... and I read this particular part a few times.

And then wonderful limp Sam ;) I really liked the end of your story - because it corresponds to canon, I can easily imagine that something like this really has happend in the past.

I know that you are a beta reader. I am glad that you write too! :)
TaraHalliwell chapter 2 . 9/27/2009
This is a wonderful story! I love how you displayed John and Dean's needs o protect Sam, but how they do things differently. I also enjoyed how Sam tried to be very complacent towards his dad, which is usually something that wouldn't happen. All iin all this was a wonderful story. Good job.
MysteryMadchen chapter 2 . 9/13/2009
what a fantastic story. Please tell me you have done or are going to do a sequal? I have been scowering the internet for fanfic where Sam's heart is damaged and he needs medication or worse for the rest of his life. Thanks so much for the story, Nicole.
Zenamydog chapter 2 . 4/5/2009
I really enjoy h/c and protective Dean siding against John. You pressed all my buttons and you did it really well.

Great job.
rozzy07 chapter 2 . 1/21/2009
OMG this is such a wonderful follow up that slipped up under my seriously screwed up third rate tagging system till now. I just loved, nay adored, how you explored the family dynamics here, with guilt piling ever deeper as both John and Dean fail Sam until he ends up in the hospital. The damage done not really appreciated till the memories of what led up to Sam's admission plays itself out again.

In the end the actions played out truly expose the warped Winchester family dynamics - and so allowing Sam to finally appreciate the importance of Pastor Jim's words that he has to become his own person to face the challenges ahead, despite how he is viewed by those that he loves so totally. So devotedly.

In truth a lesser character would have wilted under such intensity of living under such harsh expectations, would have become the lesser son John demanded or the well healed brother Dean needed, but not our Sam. Loved how you portrayed that strength that propels him forwards despite his familiar bonds. I'm just sorry though its taken me such an age to tell you this. Rozzy.
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 2 . 1/2/2009
BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!

oh wow! I'm so glad that I kept 'nagging' you about this :D

you made me sob at the end but a good cry knowing that Sammy is on his way to becoming the Sam we know and the whole nightmare thing being a metaphor- John and Dean pulling him in two different directions and Sam having the sense of losing himself because of it- was brilliant!

You just had to go and up the limp!Sam ante huh? LOVE IT and I also loved how you got into John's head and Dean's head and how ignorant they both are to what they're doing to Sam!

I loved loved your Pastor Jim especially when he was explaining to Sam about his Latin and Sam realizing that the critic is refreshing because Jim never made him feel worthless...

this was a very worthly second part! I think that it definitely rounds out the first especially since you've included John's and Dean's POVs and I just love the ending!

BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!

PS- this is also my first extremely long review on ! I'm sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes XD
calcium77 chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
I'm not sure how I did not get an email alert on this? Glad I stumbled on it. Great story! :-) Really great!
Madebyme chapter 2 . 12/5/2008
Wow, that such a pleasure to read! You nailed the whole Winchester family, their dysfunctions and their complicated relationship dynamics. It was full of everything I enjoy in a fanfic; angst, drama, hurt and comfort, I just couldn't stop reading!

I especially enjoyed how you wrote John and loved the scene towards the end when he sides with Sam over Dean, I've read a lot of stories where John is portrayed as kind of tyrannical and a bit of a bully but you got the balance right between his concern, worry and over protectiveness over Sam and his love of him and it perfectly done.

In short, it was a great read and chap 2 was an excellent addition to an already wonderful one shot. I'm really looking forward to reading more of your work, do you have anything in the pipeline? Happy writing, :-)
kalina-blue chapter 2 . 12/4/2008
I really enjoyed reading this story. You managed to keep everyone in character and showed a really realistic version of how life for the Winchesters could have been like. Awesome.
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 12/4/2008
Awesome added chapter! Read the first one and was thinking that I'd read a story identical to this before, then realised I had, it was this time last year and I was rereading it! *headslap*

Loved how you continued it with Sam at Pastor Jim's with whom he has an understanding that he can't seem to get from Dean and John. Loved too how he talked to Sam about his recurring dream. Great the Pastor p*ssing John off by telling him Sam is not well, but typical John thinking as he is his father, he knows best! Obviously not though, when he gets to Chicago and Sam is so sick he has to take him to the hospital as an emergency! Great that it finally hit home to John that sometimes his priorities were wrong, but it probably won't stop him getting blinded by the hunt again sometime in the future!

Just typical Dean still feeling guilty about the choke-hold and also going into uber mother hen mode with his little brother, which as Sam recovered annoyed him no end! Not surprised that eventually Dean pushed Sam's buttons too far and in repsonse he got angry and pushed himself beyond his limits!

Great that Sam finally worked out his dream and knew that things might get a little sticky in the future, and perfect ending his thoughts that the future would take care of itself.

An absolutely fantastic addition to this story, love your work, it was a joy to read. Thanks!
devon99 chapter 2 . 12/4/2008
Wonderful, as always.

You really are one of my favourite authors.

Loved it.
Poaetpainter chapter 2 . 12/3/2008
Thank you!
carocali chapter 2 . 12/3/2008
I'm so glad you decided to continue this story! It's always a pleasure to see something from you!

I like how you kept right on going, upping the stakes by bringing Sam to Jim. LOVE Jim and his care of the boy and how he goes off on John at the drop of a hat. I especially enjoyed this:

"Jim could be like a pit-bull when he sunk his teeth into something and obviously this thing with Sam was his current chew toy."

And you really went all out for the illness. I like the research you presented and the additional angst and limp - always a good combination.

They listened to the Loop! You rock, girl!

I hope this means you're back on the scene and writing again! I'll be looking!

:D

Caroline
cavetrollgrl chapter 2 . 12/3/2008
Loved the story. Lots of worry, angst and Winchester stubborness. I especially liked how you made John see reason and remember that he loves his boys. How Each charactor come into themselves in relation with the others. Sam's coming into himself and Dean and John doing their best even if it's slightly flawed to the other.
78 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »