Reviews for All Choked Up
TraSan chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Truth be told, I read your story last night and decided to put it away and read it again today before reviewing.

I couldn't figure out yesterday if I was annoyed with Dean, proud of him or angry at him.

John - yeah, figured that one out pretty quick.

And the Sam a little misty-eyed.

So today, I'm still not quite sure if I'm annoyed with Dean for blindly obeying order or proud of him for looking past them and figuring out the truth. Then I felt right after all. Dean at that age did obey orders, it kept his family safe and that is what it was all about for him.

So I opted for a little annoyed, but mostly proud. :)

And the Sam moment today...actually made me wipe a tear away. Who didn't feel misunderstood at times as a teenager? I can only imagine how that would have been amplified under training conditions.

So the long and the short of it, is...wonderful.

It was beautifully rich in character that it took two reads to soak it all in.

Thanks for writing!
Zadrak chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
that was so sweet, without being sugary. Loved it x
lauriena chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
i was needing some younger whinchesters today and was so excited to see you put up a new fic

love the interaction, and very much enjoyed your lanky ganggly sammy
imissmymind chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Loved it. It's nice to see such an original story on here. Well crafted; I especially liked the characterization of Dean. Good job with this.
ROBINV chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Aw, that was such a terrific story! But I felt so sorry for Dean and Sam. John couldn't allow their brotherly bond to interfere with the hunt, and yet when he was gone, that bond has served them damned well, hasn't it? Love, Robin
L Quinn chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
I loved this - was surprised that you ended it when you did. It left me with a lot of questions about the origin of the nightmares and could easily become a LimpSam. Would love to see this continued. chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
That was great! Typical John having Sammy hauled out of school to run in the rain and then have Dean practice a choke hold on him! And once Sam had agreed to Dean practising the manoeuvre John failed to listen to Sam's request to call Pastor Jim first! If Dean had known he would have insisted Sam made that call!

At least Sam inadvertently admitted his nightmares to Dean when Dean woke him up, causing Dean guilt, but also hurt that his brother had confided in Pastor Jim and not him! And you could see John's concern for Dean when he found him curled up on Sam's bed, something he really omitted to feel for Sam!

Sad too John packing Sam off to Pastor Jim's for two weeks, why such a long time, and what did the Pastor reveal to John in the first phone call!

Loved how Dean admitted feeling bad to Sam in the car, and telling him his life mattered too - that is as near to an I love you that Dean will get but great that Sam knew and replied that he loved him too!

Would love it if you decided to do a sequel it was an awesome story, loved it!
Visionairy chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
That was really a fantastic story! It kept me up longer than I should have last night. I particularly liked the emotions and the way Sam handled what happened seemed very true for his age. I was sad to see it end, though. I'd like to find out what Jim said to John in the first conversation, and why John sent Sam away for two weeks as opposed to just a few days. I'd also like to see Sam and Jim talk about what happened, as well as, of course, more Sam and Dean. Could you be bribed to continue it?
jensenfan4ever chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
oh that was heartbreaking :( Awesome story! Good work!

Have you think about writing a sequal? I would love to read more :)
Ash8 chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Hi. That was a fully intense story. I really enjoyed and, actually, it had ME all choked up. I thought this was quite a cruel thing for John to request from his boys - awful for Dean to do and awful for Sam to experience. You have to wonder where John's head is sometimes! I thought you handled it well though.

I read a story (and I can't for the life of me think who wrote it, or what it was called) but Dean had to choke Sam out because he was suffering dreadfully and it was his only solution to stop his pain. So it made sense to me that this IS something that John would teach his boys how to do.

I think this gave a some insight into what the boys life may have been like. Another chapter would be cool though - surely they all have some after effects from this very intense moment of training?

Anyway - this has haunted me quite a bit (in a good way!) I love a read that makes me think about the story after I've read it.

Thanks for sharing.

LadyVic chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
This story was amazing. I could definitely see this happening in the Winchester past. The emotions, the family dynamic, perfect-and heartbreaking.

I did laugh at the details of Sam's nightmare though. Geez, he should have listened to the dream!
Phx chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
I think I missed something. I was really enjoying the story but then I got confused. John called Pastor Jim to find out if Jim knew what was up with Sam but did he find out about the nightmare or not? Sam said things were fine between him and his father but did John ever talk to Sam about that?

Don't get me wrong, I was really enjoying the story right up to there - then it seemed to kinda jump around a bit and all I was left with was feeling anger at John, disappointment at Dean that no matter what, it was Sam trying to make Dean feel better, and feeling incredibly sad for Sam. I kept expecting to see a TBC instead of Finis. It just makes me sad to see Sam treated so dismissively without resolution.

Please, take it as a compliment that I become involved enough in the story to feel so sad at the end, wah!
caitlin chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
I absolutly loved this story. I had like tears in my eyes. I personally think it ended too soon. I would have loved to see how it would have continued. But other than that, wonderful! Thanks for sharing! It made my night!
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
You are the most amazing person ever!

And I like how this piece is so different for you-not your typical limp!fic, to say the least. You're getting at some deeper issues surrounding family dynamic, and I like how you've explored the Winchesters, showing flaws but still not condemning. Growing up Winchester had to be traumatic to say the least!

And your attention to detail-you've outdone yourself. You certainly researched the ways to choke someone out. Remind me never to cross you!

Thank you so very, very much. I don't deserve it and you totally made my birthday :)
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
That was a great story. I can see a sequel...can you? :)
79 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »