Reviews for This Shall Be My Name
ForgottenReveries chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
I like it and reread it
xy92 chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
i think you did a great job! pls write more stories on yuki in future if u have the time!i'll definitely read it :)
Another Duck chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
This might be what she would be like at the later parts of the series, not the beginning of it. And even so, reading her own story in the light novel feels more like her. This is a little too human, although most writers are human, so it's hard to write what isn't. The fic is still good, and logical. It doesn't hurt that she did actually name herself after snow, going by what she wrote in the light novel. Assuming she wrote about herself, which it's hinted at.
Robert Varulfur chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
This was good. Sweet and simple. I thought this was copied out of the light novels for a little bit there at the beginning.
Roulette Roulette chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
I love it, I love it.

I agree- Yuki is ridiculously difficult to write in first person, and I think you got her right. IIRC, 'this will be my name' comes from the story she wrote for Editor in Chief Straight Ahead, right? One of my favorite parts of the novels. That story has always been so cryptic to me and this seems like a great way of explaining it.
practicingproductivity chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
Lol, I was about to jump on you for Nagato naming herself after snow. I'm glad you said "I will merely write it differently," at the end, or I would've had to kill you. J/k, j/k. (It bugs me that people think her name means "snow" just because it's "Yuki." It's "having hope," dammit!) But it was very good. It felt like Nagato, who I do imagine would be very hard to write. But you do wonder why Asakura was so different... Anyway, I'm rambling. Well done; it made me happy XD
unknown user chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
You did a pretty good job of writing from Yuki's perspective. I would have done it a little more curtly or joltedly, but that's just based on my perception of the discreteness of her thoughts based on the way she speaks (and its association with the Unix Philosophy, which I will not get into right now). Since you explained that away by saying that she dislikes the feeling of speaking aloud (I would instead say that perhaps her thoughts are so complex that it is difficult to allocate sufficient resources to weeding out and phrasing those which are capable of being phrased in natural languages and the best phrasing thereof), there's no need.

If you write another chapter, I would be most pleased.
random fanfiction reader chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
This is the best first-person (and overall) Yuki-centric fic I've seen! Keep up the awesome work!
WritersProse chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
:) Good job! I would have loved to have seen the story expanded a bit, but what you have here is still very well-written. *thumbs up*
Audley chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
I like, I like. Glad you kept it simple. It worked.
DelinquentDuo chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
This is really good. I think you've captured Yuki and Ryoko perfectly.
Aphotic Bandit chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Ryoko is tremendously in-character here. Not sure how I feel about Yuki being so sentimental towards the end, but the analytical side of everything works decently.
Gullwhacker Not signed in chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
Nice vignette (is that the right term?) It's interesting, seeing Yuki and Ryoko without their masks, as it were. Also nice to see Yuki being introduced to books. (Hmm, now I'm wondering how she'd get along with Yomiko Readman...)

I like the contrast in how the two aliens handle a book. Ryoko checks for relevant information, then disgards; Yuki is enthralled. Kind of nice, seeing the contrast.

I will give Ryoko credit for putting together more of a mask than Yuki seems to...one of the reasons she still scares me. (Given where I live, 'she transferred to Canada' is quite the opposite of a comfort...)

Nicely written. My compliments to you and your beta.
shanejayell chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
I quite liked it. Yuki comes across as both detached and observant... very cool