Reviews for TMNT: Prey
I Love Kittens too chapter 4 . 1/28
At least this story had a better ending for Raph and Amber.
I Love Kittens too chapter 3 . 1/28
Amber is right, Raph is here. Those guys should ran away from him.
I Love Kittens too chapter 2 . 1/28
He would do everything for her.
I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 1/28
Poor Amber!
BubblyShell22 chapter 4 . 12/10/2014
Wow. That was an awesome story. Yeah, I don't think either of them can let go of each other no matter how hard they try. They just fit together and seem to have a special bond. I can see why Amber lied to him about the guys hurting her because I think that would just set him off more, and she doesn't want that. Nicely done on this. I love this series so much.

BubblyShell22 chapter 3 . 12/10/2014
Awesome chapter. Loved how Raph snuck in to get to Amber and how Amber used the syringe full of her blood. Yeah, that can't be good for Jose for sure. The last line is the best of all though. Nicely done on this.

BubblyShell22 chapter 2 . 12/9/2014
Awesome chapter. Good thing Amber shot up because I'd hate to think how she'd react if she hadn't and what it would feel like to her. I really hope Raph gets to her in time and stops these guys. Nicely done on this.

BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Oh man, this isn't good at all. I hope Raph can rescue Amber and get rid of the jerks who did this. But it's nice to know that Raph hasn't forgotten her despite their falling out. Nicely done on this.

Denizu chapter 4 . 5/5/2008
Holy hell, did I just read this? I've come back to from being a casual browser and nothing more like five years ago, and this is what I find in Ninja Turtles? I'm blown away, I'm speechless.

After checking out your profile I've realized I'm reading things out of order and that there's much more Amber to go around in your other stories, which I'm looking forward to. Still, as a stand-alone story you've set up her character so well that I didn't find myself falling behind. My favourite thing about this story is the attention to minor details that so many fanfiction writers skip, but set up the story so vividly. You also wrote the Raphael I think everyone dreams about, he was believably canon but brought so much more to the story through his thoughts and dialogue.

I wish I had been around the site at the time you were writing this, it would have been amazing to follow from chapter to chapter. Hopefully you'll be giving us something new soon! Until then it looks like I have plenty of material to catch up on.
morning sun chapter 4 . 3/20/2008
Holy hell!

Hm, yes, this is my favorite installment thus far. I loved it.

All the damn tension, and the anger produced by Raph at Ambers kidnapping. I love the darker fic, the ones that explore the more realistic side of the turtle existence. And this was so great, yet it still had that somewhat "happy" ending. I guess an "almost happy" ending... something like that. :)

A really, REALLY awesome job. One of the best fic's I've read, period.
Moody Owl chapter 4 . 3/12/2008
Ok, first of all... I suck at this 'review' thing. :P

But when I come across a fic that is so good and has so little feedback, I can't just close the window and leave it this way.

Anyway... I have read all of your fics involving Raph/Amber and I just thought I would let you know that you rock! :)

Amber is just... so human. Full of imperfections and feelings. And your Raph is perfect too. You manage to grasp his anger and his 'cute' (can't think of a better word here, sorry. ;D) sides so well!

So, yeah, just a few words to let you know you have one more avid fan around. ;)
KameTerra chapter 4 . 2/3/2008
K, so I admit I actually finished reading this whole series some time ago, but I'm just now getting around to reviewing (shifts guiltily...) But better late than never? Anyway, I always intended to drop you some feedback because... I just love this series. Your Amber is kind of like the ANTI Mary Sue, isn't she? I love how she is so tough, and cynical, and flawed... and yet, human and therefore vulnerable. And as kind of a side-note, I was so thrilled with the part in Traffic where even Amber, who is so quick to jump on her "don't judge me" podium, finds that she isn't always right-some women in her line of work WERE victimized. It turned everything absolutely upside down-and I LOVE it when stories do that, show more than just a single viewpoint. :)

And Raphael... where to begin? You portray him so well, how he struggles to do good, but he's still quite naive about "the real world", and he's constantly trying to reconcile reality with his own morals... always the internal battle. In chapter two, when he's considering the very real possibility of his own death in such a detached way, imagining that his family would never even know what became of him... wow. And yet he never, for a single instant, considers NOT trying to rescue Amber-even though he doesn't know whether or not she's still alive. Loved it!

I think my favorite part of this installment, though, is the opening chapter. Both characters trying to convince themselves they're done with the other, even as their actions so clearly say the opposite. True, and touching. And I enjoyed every moment I was reading.

Cheers!

KameTerra
Firebrat chapter 4 . 2/1/2008
A thoroughly dark tale about the drawbacks that come from being "friends and family" of a superhero. Not one of your longest, but it's as tightly packed with drama and emotion as the others. We get a good insight into Amber and Raph's true feelings in this one, which I appreciated.

I'll admit, it surprises me how casually cold Amber can be sometimes - the Jose syringe incident - I think if her and Raph's roles were reversed, she'd make a pretty damn terrifying Nightwatcher.

My favourite part is undoubtedly the ending (which skirted closer to a happy ending that the rest of your Amber series), but then I'm a sucker for a well written finish.

Bravo, for turning a relationship between a giant freak turtle and a used up prostitute into a thing of beauty...their love affair is almost childlike in it's sweetness. All the pain, ugliness and violence throughout the series serves to make the soft moments that much more poignant, a lot more "real". Very romantic, because of - not in spite of - it's darker parts. Quite an achievement.

Love it. Good job, lass.

In closing:

She swallowed around her thick tongue and blinked up at them. “That’ll be a hundred bucks, thanks.”

HAHAHAHA! God bless that girl for her acid tongue. Humour at it's blackest. Pfft, those common thugs didn't know who they were dealing with when they thought they could break her.
RAPHAELFAN02 chapter 4 . 12/18/2007
Read this and luved it. Ever since you started "Loser" I have adored this pair. And then to see that he has always been apart of her life without her even knowing it...and then accepting the fact that she does want him despite what he is...absolutely great... this was just great. I hope to see more of them in the future, especially to see how they respond to each other after this story. Raph really went ninja on those clowns, ha, serves them right for underestimating the Nightwatcher, even though they had no idea that he was a ninja as well as a giant turtle, but still, I think they got what they had coming to them.
Dierdre chapter 4 . 12/17/2007
I've been writing furiously for the past few hours (dammit, I WILL make that deadline!), and so I figured it was high time I took a break to do something relaxing; i.e., leave a review for this last chapter. Which is going to be pretty easy, methinks, since it was my favorite of the four.

And why is that, you ask? First and foremost, it was the action-packed first half. I've always been a bit leery when it comes to writing fight scenes, so it's a treat when I encounter someone who seems to do it effortlessly. *Gives Tort a telling look* I loved the tight, tense style of writing you used, as well as the way you didn't gloss over all the gory details. If one isn't careful, one can go too over the top with such description, which can ruin the flow of the fic... and make the reader a bit sick to their stomach. You avoided that trap neatly, however, by giving us just enough gore and visceral violence to underscore the savagery of the moment, without turning it into the literary version of a snuff film. Brava, chica!

My favorite bit of imagery regarding the fight is still this line: "He could see, in the guy’s slackly parted lips, a tooth swimming in the blood bubbling up out of his mouth..." So awesome!

And this sentence is still my favorite out of the whole fic, hands-down (although you forgot to remove my comment regarding it in the story itself _): "The world blurred, then went white, furious and burning at the corners." Wrap a bow around that sentence, please! I wanna take it home with me.

Heh... I'm not entirely certain why, but the fact that Amber takes the time to snatch all the bad guys' money just amuses the heck outta me.

*Sighs* And, oh! That ending. Although I will miss Amber and all the tales centering around her, this really is a perfect way to end the story line. It is unexpectedly, heart-achingly sweet that she lied to him about the rape; protecting him in one of the few ways she could. It made me happy in a slightly lecherous way that he felt that visceral sense of ownership regarding her, even though it was quickly suppressed. I also just freaking LOVE how Amber talked him into staying, and how they both acknowledged that it could never work... but decided that they wanted it anyway. Beautifully done, Tort. Really.

*Rereads the last sentence* …And thus concludes the Amber arc. As I said previously, I'm a little sad to see it end, but I'm truly gratified at HOW it ended. Additionally, you just posted another fic, which means that tomorrow I'll still be able to get my Tortuga fix. Huzzah! _

I'll send you a response to the email you sent me sometime in the next day or two, okay? Take care of yourself, chica T!