Reviews for TMNT: Prey
Gladrial10 chapter 4 . 6/29
It is gratifying somehow to read where this meets with your latest piece. I love seeing how it all fits together. I'm so glad you felt the urge to revisit this storyline and we get to see more of this dynamic relationship. The more I read them, the more I love it. I love the passion, the confusion, and the grit of it all. The "I don't need your pity" line about broke me.

Also, getting to visualize Raph in full attack mode through Amber's eyes was perfect. *fans self*
Gladrial10 chapter 3 . 6/29
I know it's not the focal point but I really enjoyed the bit where Raph recalled his childhood training. It was a very realistic take on the beginnings of tension between him and Leo. I also liked that it was more Leo's issue than anything. Raph didn't seem to be going out of his way to rub it in his face or anything. It's just something he's naturally gifted at so, of course, he'd want to pursue it.

I also really like that that Amber is able to hold her own a bit in her own way. I always hoped I could be as nonchalant in a similar situation just in order to not give anyone the satisfaction. Might as well if your in a hopeless predicament, right?

On a silly note, I just got through playing Arkham Knight and reading about how Raph snuck around the building and took out these guys felt very similar. lol
Gladrial10 chapter 2 . 6/22
I cannot tell you the unexpected and intense reaction this chapter gave me. I don't know if it's your gift at descriptive writing or that I've become so invested in the character or a combination of the two. All I can tell you is that as you described the motions of injecting heroin, I found myself having a real physical reaction, as though I were almost experiencing it myself, even though it's something I have never done. It made me quite nauseous which is probably not something a writer wants to hear but it made me nauseous for the right reasons! lol It was just that vivid for me.

Additionally, I really liked how you worked with time in this chapter as she floated back and forth between the past and present. It made for an interesting narrative and it was nice to get a little insight into Amber's backstory.
Gladrial10 chapter 1 . 6/3
It's so different reading this out of order in a sense. It's like watching a movie for the first time that you already know all about based on exposure. I find myself going, "Oh yeah! We talked about this!" But it's so cool to read about it in context.

You have mentioned before that Amber was initially uncomfortable with Raph's appearance and I thought that was just an element in your head that you never put on paper, but here it is! And it's really something else! I particularly like the conflict between her feelings about it before she found out who was under all that Nightwatcher gear. Had it not been for that initial attraction, who knows what would have happened? But it's hard to deny once already there.

And I really like the juxtaposition of Raph also acknowledging that she's not the kind of girl he'd envision himself with, y'know, if it were even an option for him. Neither of them are what they'd expect to want, but as the saying goes, you can't help who you fall in love with.

And, of course, I love the groundwork placed for the changing family dynamics with Leo's departure as you know. It's so how I (and I think most of us) picture it would go down.

It's truly a treat to see how this all developed and is still continuing to be developed today.
I Love Kittens too chapter 4 . 1/28
At least this story had a better ending for Raph and Amber.
I Love Kittens too chapter 3 . 1/28
Amber is right, Raph is here. Those guys should ran away from him.
I Love Kittens too chapter 2 . 1/28
He would do everything for her.
I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 1/28
Poor Amber!
BubblyShell22 chapter 4 . 12/10/2014
Wow. That was an awesome story. Yeah, I don't think either of them can let go of each other no matter how hard they try. They just fit together and seem to have a special bond. I can see why Amber lied to him about the guys hurting her because I think that would just set him off more, and she doesn't want that. Nicely done on this. I love this series so much.

BubblyShell22 chapter 3 . 12/10/2014
Awesome chapter. Loved how Raph snuck in to get to Amber and how Amber used the syringe full of her blood. Yeah, that can't be good for Jose for sure. The last line is the best of all though. Nicely done on this.

BubblyShell22 chapter 2 . 12/9/2014
Awesome chapter. Good thing Amber shot up because I'd hate to think how she'd react if she hadn't and what it would feel like to her. I really hope Raph gets to her in time and stops these guys. Nicely done on this.

BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Oh man, this isn't good at all. I hope Raph can rescue Amber and get rid of the jerks who did this. But it's nice to know that Raph hasn't forgotten her despite their falling out. Nicely done on this.

Denizu chapter 4 . 5/5/2008
Holy hell, did I just read this? I've come back to from being a casual browser and nothing more like five years ago, and this is what I find in Ninja Turtles? I'm blown away, I'm speechless.

After checking out your profile I've realized I'm reading things out of order and that there's much more Amber to go around in your other stories, which I'm looking forward to. Still, as a stand-alone story you've set up her character so well that I didn't find myself falling behind. My favourite thing about this story is the attention to minor details that so many fanfiction writers skip, but set up the story so vividly. You also wrote the Raphael I think everyone dreams about, he was believably canon but brought so much more to the story through his thoughts and dialogue.

I wish I had been around the site at the time you were writing this, it would have been amazing to follow from chapter to chapter. Hopefully you'll be giving us something new soon! Until then it looks like I have plenty of material to catch up on.
morning sun chapter 4 . 3/20/2008
Holy hell!

Hm, yes, this is my favorite installment thus far. I loved it.

All the damn tension, and the anger produced by Raph at Ambers kidnapping. I love the darker fic, the ones that explore the more realistic side of the turtle existence. And this was so great, yet it still had that somewhat "happy" ending. I guess an "almost happy" ending... something like that. :)

A really, REALLY awesome job. One of the best fic's I've read, period.
Moody Owl chapter 4 . 3/12/2008
Ok, first of all... I suck at this 'review' thing. :P

But when I come across a fic that is so good and has so little feedback, I can't just close the window and leave it this way.

Anyway... I have read all of your fics involving Raph/Amber and I just thought I would let you know that you rock! :)

Amber is just... so human. Full of imperfections and feelings. And your Raph is perfect too. You manage to grasp his anger and his 'cute' (can't think of a better word here, sorry. ;D) sides so well!

So, yeah, just a few words to let you know you have one more avid fan around. ;)