Reviews for Lilies, Everlasting
UnluckyAmulet chapter 21 . 4/28
I favourited this story a long time ago and I've only just managed to finish it now, so here's a very, very belated review. First of all, I have to congratulate you on your handling of the characters as a whole, nobody feels OOC to me and they're memorable as always. Suiren does seem very compatible with Renji - you've done a good job of establishing their ongoing attraction to each other even over the palpable awkwardness of their first meeting. I have to say it's a great way to open a story, having Renji wake up in bed with a woman he doesn't know. It stands out very well. Suiren is a nice enough OC, there's nothing wrong with her I can pick out, just wish that we could see some other sides to her...she gets along with pretty much everyone she meets, it'd be nice to see what she's like under stress or angry or spiteful. I know the story is mostly focusing on her and Renji so she doesn't have a lot of reason to feel strong negative emotions, but if I had to sum her up in a word I'd end up going with "nice", from what we see of her. The pacing of the story can be a little slow - in the early stages of the relationship it's expected as they navigate the awkwardness, but there are a few times I thought, "Okay, where is this story going?"

I have to admit that there is something that bothers me a lot about this fic, is the side ships. I like well done OC stories, which this is, but I wasn't expecting to go in with so many references to other pairings and it gets very distracting. You're entitled to ship whatever you want, of course, I just find it exasperating having to hear so much of it. Particularly, IchiRuki doesn't interest me at all, (I can't stand Rukia, as a matter of fact) so having to listen to other characters repeatedly hint at it and watching them bicker really started to get annoying for me, especially during the meal with Kurosaki's family. (I was relieved Ishida only appeared in the story for one very short scene for a similar reason.) Also it's a bit jarring that there are Japanese words randomly tossed in - I was reading this on my phone and kept confusing "Iie" with "lie", for instance. Still, it wasn't so bad I couldn't understand what was going on, it just felt a bit unnecessary. I wonder if we'll get an in-depth explanation about Suiren's tattoos? I don't know if you plan on updating this, but I wanted to finally finish what I started so long ago.

Keep up the good work!
~Amulet
captainsapphire chapter 1 . 9/29/2015
Very intrigued! You have a way with words author-san. Great first chapter. I'm looking forward to the next :)
Rachel Monroe chapter 21 . 9/9/2014
I'm a bit more than upset that you never finished this and it's been 4 years. I really wanted to read all of it
TheWayWeFallApart chapter 9 . 12/7/2013
Lovin the story girl! Literally when I read that translation for Soyokaze all I could think of was 'Run like the wind bullseye!' from Toy Story 2 xD
TheWayWeFallApart chapter 4 . 11/30/2013
Your a very clutch author! Keep it up :3
Guest chapter 21 . 9/7/2013
hey! where are you? hello? *dodges cobwebs and coughs from the dust* are you there? as soon as I found this story I read every page, it only took two days but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna let you abandon this story! come on! where are the rest of the chapters?! people are waiting for you!
Imaginary Owls chapter 21 . 9/18/2012
;_; I want moooooooooree! Even though it's been like two years since you've last updated, and I've read this before...like..a year and a half ago I think? I can't remember, but I've never actually reviewed. Cos back then I was just lazy and never reviewed a darn thing, but now I've been doing nothing but reviewing for every story that I read.

I love, love, LOVE Suiren! I think she's adorable and a real kind of character. You did a really good job in making her and writing her, and having her interact with all the characters; which you've kept them in character as best as one can for a fanfiction writer. (Cos, the only person who can write each character exactly as they are is Kubo-sensei him self. Hah.)

I know the chances of this ever being updated or finished are slim to none, but I thought I'd let you know that I really enjoyed this story and do wish for you continue on! It is a really good story, it's a good, slow paced romance that you don't see very often! I really liked it, and it would be wonderful if you continued.

I hope one day that you will and if you do, I'll be waiting and eager, ever so to read it!

Owls.
LiiyaAmiel chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE UPDATE SOON! I've been waiting for updates for YEARS, and I just have to know what else happens! 3
Tammy Sakamoto chapter 21 . 7/28/2012
love it!
PoisonElixir chapter 21 . 2/24/2012
Well since the last few chapters have been like pulling your teeth out, hopefully you have become immune to it and your newer chapters will be easier on you.

Awesome plot and execution.

Keep up the good work BUT you just had to end in a cliffhanger, didn't you? :)
personapeach chapter 21 . 6/11/2011
hello! i really like this story.. and i know its been a while since you've upadted.. but i hope you continue this one! i really love it! :)
AcPa xox chapter 21 . 3/14/2011
I hope you update soon! This is the first Renji story that I actually coninued reading! Please update soon!
Whimsical Palette chapter 3 . 12/30/2010