Reviews for Foothold
Gilari chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Jack would never give up Earth. He'd have to go back for the rest of the team. No one left behind, remember. Be afraid, Harry Saxon. You think Earth is defenseless just because you've caged the Doctor? No. IT. IS. DEFENDED.
Aietradaea chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Crikey! That was...dramatic. :
Bushranger chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
This? This is distilled awesome in a can, right here. I'd love to see more if it were at all possible - maybe the Doctor visits the SGC after time gets fixed, hm...
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Wow! Actually I think it would be spoiled by being any more than a one-shot. Not good for Cam fans but somehow fitting that he and Walter went down with the ship. A short, punchy and effective story. The Toclafane ripped through time and space so fast that there wouldn't have been anything the SGC could do except gather what they could, cut and run. I agree that there would be an on-base package of stuff that would need to go if the Earth fell. Nice touch having Saxon wipe out the IOA Council as well as the President. Good story!
Magic-Amethyst80 chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Wow, interesting to see how things went from the SGC perspective during the Harold Saxon incident. Yes, I know this is a one shot, but it would honestly make for so much more. What about EVERY other planet in the Stargate'verse? Shouldn't they be warned?
SithelfJen chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Thanks for writing this story.
OtherMeWriter chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Nice I like it, and how the season ended I understand why you don't plan on any additional parts.
RogerD chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Like the wat you tie the two different ideas together. Great story
beege chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
Clever. Of course, since everything was fixed with a deux ex machina (literally) this *has* to be a oneshot. Any subsequent story would only get undone.
jeymien chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
I love it! Also love the I0A as UNIT (wasn't that what it was in Last of the Time Lords?) Anyways.. I'd love to see this continued if you did AU! That would be great. But wonderful crossover!
Indigo Cat chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Gotta love Walter. Good story. Like seeing what's happening with the SGC during the Year That Wasn't.
BenRG chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
A nice little concept brought to life. Of course, this is a temporal anomaly made large so one wonders if the Ancient equipment on Atlantis may be able to assist.

All done in character and with the right balance of storytelling and dialogue. All in all, a satisfying read. Such a pity it is a one-shot.

BenRG's Rating: 8/10
Mountain King chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Now that is a short story. It's good to see what could have happened if the SGC was over run by the Toclafane. Although I would think it would require something special to take out the base. Slightly more than the simple rush tactics that were used.

A nice little story that I like... I can't really say much more

Mountain King