Reviews for A Touch of Frost
Lucy's Echos chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
I really enjoyed the depth that was achieved here, normally I stay away from Kikyo centered fiction, because there really isn't the depth there. I enjoy reading your style of writing and decided to give this piece of fiction a chance, and I really enjoyed this piece; Thank you for writing, and posting this for everyone to read.

-Lucy
The Eternal Lamenting Angel chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
This so sad!

But i liked all of the details!

Nice story!

You really captured a side of her absence of physical and emotional feeling, and you really highlighted the mental pain and loneliness that she feels.
inufan-625 chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
This piece has been nominated at the Feudal Association!

Founded in 2005 by author/artist, Dark Avenger, and currently owned by authors, InuGrl and Inufan625, the Feudal Association consists of writers, artists, and enthusiasts of the InuYasha fandom. But aside from that, we are also proud to say that we are an awards guild that recognizes fan-fiction and artwork. Several times a year we nominate, vote, and hand out honors to some of the best creations in the fandom.

Our official website can be found here:

/fa/

The current nominations pages are here:

(Fiction)

(Fanart)

Check them out to see what you were nominated for!

Our Yahoo Group, where the nominations and voting occurs, can be found here:

groups./group/FeudalAssociation/

Voting is open from June 18th 2008 through July 1st 2008 (12 am).

InuGrl & Inufan625

Owners/Administrators of the Feudal Association

*Please Note: You may receive this notice more than once if you've been nominated for several awards. They will appear as reviews on your nominated works.
dianananerz chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
That's so sad! I love your detail and the theme of this story! Great job
FlameTwirler chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
This is an incredibly unique perspective and I love the depth it added to Kikyou's character.
madmiko chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
This is absolutely fantastic. The whole concept, - of Kikyou seeing and feeling the lives of those whose souls she feeds upon - is just stunning.

Your writing is beautiful and there is so much sadness in this, it almost makes me feel sorry for Kikyou. And THAT, my friend, is a true compliment to your talent. _

I particularly liked her letting the one soul go. I have always thought how heinous it was of her to use up those souls because it denied those young women of the chance to ever be reincarnated and possibly find happiness in another life. And it has always bugged me that that issue is never addressed in the manga. By having Kikyou see their memories and feel their emotions, you are dealing out her punishment for that. And your tone invokes our sympathy as well.

You really did a wonderful job of walking that fine line between making her a villain and making her a saint. I appreciated her recognition that she had thrown everything away by not trusting. AND that she questioned whether she had ever loved like that girl. Even Takahashi says that when Kikyou asked Inuyasha to be human to be with her, she wasn't in love with him. She had feelings for him, but not love. Personally, I think any real "love" she felt for him after her resurrection was from Kagome's soul. Ah, but I digress into ranting. LOL! Forgive me. This is just such a thought-provoking piece. Excellent job!
decadentserenity chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
What a fantastic fic. You have captured a side of Kikyo that Takahashi touches briefly on- Kikyo's absence of physical and emotional feeling, and you deepen the mental anguish that she feels for InuYasha. Your choice of deep and emotional words, and the description of how she hungers for feeling of any kind is stunning.

Each soul with her tragic ending in life are rendered elegant in their simplicity. Here, definitely, less description is more!

This story will definitely be recommended among the IY fans that I know.
bestofbothworlds chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Beautifully written and heartbreaking. This gave me chills. It was a very interesting exploration of the souls that Kikyou carries wit her.
Lioness Rising chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
Hey Mira. What a sad story. It gives a new perspective on Kikyo for me, considering how she isn't one of my favorite characters. By the way, it's the ma na ma na girl. We miss you! Respond, please!

Happy holiday!
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Wow. Amazingly written. It's like a taste of the best food in the world, and everything else is just matter. She is constantly getting tortured and no one else can do anything worse to her.

Nicely done. Keep writing!
Totally Kawaii chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Absolutely brilliant, and oh so haunting. A fantastically written oneshot! I love it so much! Great job getting into Kikyo's head and portraying the tormented miko stuck in a place where she didn't quite belong.
BatmanSwiss chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Wonderful work!
Hiya chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Wow, this is very dark, and very touching and poignant. I mean, wow! I never would have thought of this - that every soul had a voice. It was chilling and eerie, and just - I'm in total awe.

Thank goodness some Inuyasha fans still have some poetic ways of writing prose. I'm getting sick of all of the bad writing on this site - especially among the anime authors.
Ami chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Bloody brilliant!
Natku chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Amazingly brilliant insight - a view I never thought to look at before. eery and poetic - just the way I like it.

Five out of five stars