Reviews for Bad Dream
Victoria chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
this was so good! you should really write a second chapter!
ambiguouslyfey chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
I was very impressed with the explanation of the "test" the overdose performed. It made sense. Most of the time, it *is* easier to live; opting out takes an effort and commitment most people simply blow off as too much work. So, does a person's continuted existence signify some undying love of life, or possibly just lethargy and apathy? It's a valid question.

Thermometer is an author I really like; I've got most of her work bookmarked, they're so good.

I can see House going to that one place where he might find comfort, and that would be his mother. In so many ways, House is still a child, and wanting his mother feels emotionaly legitimate. Finding out Wilson was there, and then left, wouldn't be just a betrayal, it would slash at one of the few areas he's reluctantly given himself permission feel his own need. His need for Wilson is probably about as huge as his fear of him and what he represents. I think I part ways just a bit in his language when he sought her out. I think he'd be more, I don't know, circumspect or slightly guarded in his approach to her, no matter how much he needed her. I'm sure he'd be *thinking* "mommy," but would *say* Mom. Whatever refuge or comfort she might provide, it will always be tainted by her failure to have protected him when he was a child. It feels like it might be along the lines of "I love you, I need you, but when it really, truly counted, you let me down, and it damn near killed me." And all the love and affection in the world would still be colored by this primal fear; the feelings for his mother would be mixed up with these other issues. I think he very well might call her and he would probably come near to choking himself, trying not to cry. But she'd hear it; she mut have heard it many times before. And even that soothing, maternal warmth and comfort would still have a tiny razor blade hidden in its core.

Hm, now that I think about it, I'd really like to see an exploration of his relationship with his mother. And I wonder how he might respond to Wilson's mother?
Lady Merlin chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
*SOBS!* OMGOSH. SO sad... But liked it all the same. House is wonderful-you write him well. sweeter than reality, but believeable. :D
tombe de la lune chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
wow,

that is so good!

i like you so much !

kepp up the good work :)
Subservient Chicken chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
I'm blown away by this. I agree with an earlier reviewer that you've come up for a perfect reason for House's "suicide," utterly believable, especially in light of his recent willingness to jab forks into wall sockets just to test a theory. It's interesting to see your take on what House's reaction to Wilson's callousness should be; we seldom see House allowing the actions of others to hurt him so, though his actions in the firing of Chase and the quitting of Foreman certainly suggest it can happen. I also find it interesting you see House calling his mom to talk about it, hardly usual behavior for him, but then this is a time of unusual stress.

Excellent writing, interesting, dark, and utterly believable.

-send l, g, and m.
phoenixmagic1 chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
GREAT job :)

God and peace

Vanessa :)
DXRULES103 chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
I'm crying. You made this so perfectly.
anon chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
love your "suicide" explanation- but house was a little out of character.
labyrinth38 chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Dark? Yeah, well maybe dark, but *absolutely amazing*!

Not only did you come up with an explanation for House's 'suicide attempt' so House-like that the writers themselves couldn't have come up with a more IC-explanation (yet very original; I've never read anything like that before...), you also described what House must have felt like when Wilson left that day so accurately and believable, you practically broke my heart!

So, in summary: Thank you so much for sharing this incredible piece of fanfiction. I enjoyed it very much... :)
kitkat11 chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
If u r making a happy story, make me happy and make it slash! This was good though. A little out of character... but good.
StudentofDust chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Dark, but completely enjoyable. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have never read a House fic like this, and I must say it's one of the best! Great job, I look forward to more!