Reviews for Five Days of Midnight
Spruceton Spook chapter 4 . 12/27/2007
This just keeps getting better and better! You're really building up the suspense and forcing us to the extreme edges of our seats. I’m having a hard time guessing and trying to determine what’s causing all of this hysteria, which is GREAT because that would kind of kill the story for me, no? :P So you’re doing an excellent job with that, and it’s making me crave the next chapter of this like you wouldn’t believe! I ADORE your characterizations of everyone; they are ideal and perfect and so completely in character but extremely REALISTIC, beyond the point that they are in the show. I’m still loving Ash in this, but I do want to smack him for continuing to disregard Misty’s concerns about what Samuel told her and her quite apparent anxiety. Ash, you’re a sweet boy for trying to alleviate her fears, but listen to her! She might know something! Well, if she gets any more frightened by what’s going on, she’ll definitely let on what she knows to SOMEONE, most likely Brock. I’m dying to know what she knows—she can tell ME! ;) My favorite part of this chapter was when Misty came in to sleep with Ash and Brock, and how Ash couldn’t have felt any more complete at that point. It’s always exciting and endearing to see how their relationship strengthens. They will have each other for the rest of their lives, romances or not. Ash’s line: “It’s not the same unless it’s…US,” is just…it’s so true. Characters come and go but nothing will ever change that, both for them and for us as the fans. :) OMG, but I fear for the Cerulean gym now—they MUST get there soon and try to stop whatever it is that’s making everything go haywire. That is, if they CAN stop it. _ Eagerly awaiting the eclipse—hopefully they won’t be out in the middle of nowhere when it occurs! The thought frightens me! Anyway, this fic is beyond excellent…you have an amazing talent and imagination. Hope you had a nice Christmas!
Bittersweet Romanticide chapter 4 . 12/22/2007
Good chapter! I'm itching to find out what the prophecy is though, it's driving me nuts. I like how you've grown them up. They're still them, just...more mature, I guess, smarter too. Well, keep up the good word. I can't wait for your next chapter!
HRY chapter 4 . 12/22/2007
It's really so refreshing to read a fic that has such a sound plot and great writing. Honestly, I glanced at the first few paragraphs of this story, and just knew that it would be a great read (I even made myself a cup of coffee and sat down comfortably in front of my laptop so I could read it in peace ;) And what a great read it was! You've got yourself a definite follower now! *saves the story on her Bookmarks*

I don't know where to start. I love the mood and the setting of the story; love that it's Ash's POV that we're reading. He seems more mature, but still the cute little dorky adorable Ash we know. Great characterisation there! I was so glad to know that this is an AAML story, too...there are hardly any good recent ones out there (there are a few prized gems, but honestly, they're too far and few amongst all the junk ) My most favourite types of fanfiction are adventure/romance, so it's nice that you're setting up a budding romance between the two amidst all the suspense and strange happenings. The subtle development in their relationship is just perfect, and I like how you're taking the time to painstakingly develop and show their friendship before directly jumping to the romance. Ash's slight "twinge" of jealousy in the first chapter was amusing, by the way. I was grinning like an idiot when I read that _

And oh, the suspense! I can't wait to see what's in store for our favourite trio and for us readers too! The strange behaviour of the Pokemon is suspiciously intriguing, and I'm in a way, curious to find out what exactly has got Misty in such a worried state.

I honestly sympathised with Ash's plea for no more legends and 'saving the world' stuff for a while and his reluctance to hear Misty out; I can understand why he was so adamantly hoping it was Team Rocket behind these strange events...it's realistic, believe me. I could almost FEEL the exhaustion radiating off the three of them in the beginning. Although I must admit I was slightly surprised to see how early the three of them left Pallet for Pewter and Cerulean...though I do agree that Misty and Brock should get to see their families too, Ash had just arrived there and they left after not even staying for a day? Although I guess they are planning to come back to Pallet afterwards, so it doesn't really matter. Another thing I found slightly unrealistic is Brock and his dad's reaction to the gym being destroyed...though you captured their sadness and glum emotions very well, I would have atleast expected Brock's dad to call the police immediately (after all, the building just collapsed suddenly). Just some things I felt were a little off...don't take it personally (sorry if I'm being a little too nitpicky!:D)

But seriously, your story just rocks! Your grammar and spelling is nearly impeccable, and I didn't spot a single error (usually I can't help not overlooking the overtly glaring ones). You have a an impressive mastery of vocabulary, and it really adds to the story's charm. I'm glad that you're being so thorough with this fic. Update frequency is good, I'm glad to know I'll be getting another delicious chapter soon. I would love to individually comment on each and every chapter but I don't have too much time and this review is long enough as it is! If you're not yet asleep, my only request to you is: UPDATE SOON! Don't keep us hanging for too long! (which I know you won't, btw!) _
L' Fleur Noir chapter 2 . 12/13/2007
Hi! I Love your story! Plz! Update soon!
Spruceton Spook chapter 3 . 12/13/2007
Strange men in the woods; random attacks by docile Pokemon; mysterious, transparent Pokemon; foreboding talk of a bleak near future; takes place in Kanto—this story is great! I’m enjoying it so much! I love a good creepy, shadowy fic! You’re doing a superb job with characters, especially Ash. Haha, he’s already fallen a few times and got the worst of the Pidgey attack, and…don’t mind me. I adore this kid so much, and it’s fun when he gets all banged up in fics. ;; LOL Love how you had it take place after Pokemon 20, though I would have kept the kids more true to their ages. Doesn’t matter, however—they’re all great here. I’m eagerly waiting to see what this ominous upcoming event is, and how the kids will react to it and handle it. And what Samuel has in connection to all of this. I’m happy they got out of the woods safely, as fun as it was while they were in there. ;) Will they reach Pewter before something worse happens?
HikariH chapter 3 . 12/10/2007
hey there!

great fic and nice plot!

i'm curious bout the legend! does it have something to do with an [kinda] eclipse perhaps?

well, hope you keep it up and update soon!

good luck!

;*
Spottedfire chapter 3 . 12/9/2007
O.O

It was a ghost Umbreon!

What's the legend? Is Misty the choosen one instead of Ash this time? Oh, I can't wait! XD

Update soon, so I won't EXPLODE from impatience!
Bittersweet Romanticide chapter 3 . 12/8/2007
I think that it was a GHOST. Not a ghost type, but it was dead already. Yeah, that's my theory, never hurts to guess, right? I really want to know what that prophecy was, sounds like something to do with the sun going down forever. The dark types sound like they'll be well off, though! The grass types are kinda screwed...anywho, I can't wait for the next update!
narusakufan1985 chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
This is a cute and cool story. Please continue. Ash and Misty forever.
Bittersweet Romanticide chapter 2 . 12/5/2007
Yeah, no one likes to review anymore. It sucks. Especially since a lot of the time no one has anything helpful to say. Golly gee, that sounds a lot like me last chapter -sighs-

Well, tis a fabulous chapter. Makes me interested, I want to know what the legend is. Also, is there any connection between Samuel and Prof. Oak? Since you lost interest right before the next movie (er, possibly, I don't know the order) which could be the celebi one...anyway, uh, Samuel is Prof. Oak's first name and he was a woodland junkie so aybe it's the same guy...? Just a guess.

Well, until next time, I'll await your next update!
pokemon-princess chapter 2 . 12/5/2007
0.0 this is really good! I wanna know what the ledgend is SO UPDATE SOON!
patrickdron chapter 2 . 12/5/2007
great chapter. good work.
Bittersweet Romanticide chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Very good beginning! I really like your story, it's nice to read something from the beginning seasons. I can't wait for the next update!
358 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24