Reviews for Chunin Exam Day
Detsella Morningdew chapter 14 . 11h
Kakashi is like Snape to me. I understand, psychologically, why they act how they act. That doesn't make me like how they sabotage their students (purposefully or not).

Now, my headcanon about why Kakashi gave Sasuke the Chidori is because he thought that otherwise, he would most certainly die against Gaara.

But I don't mind less flattering versions of him, either. I am already not that flattered with him in the first place.

Though I'm not that flattered with many other Jounin either. Seriously, only Gai seemed interested in making his students stronger. (Though I'd view Kurenai as... maybe average. The bare minimum.) And none of them (except maybe Gai) should have signed their teams up for the Chuunin Exams. Invasion or not, there was a high chance of death. All the teams (except Gai's) had combat incapable Genin.
Detsella Morningdew chapter 13 . 11h
That was a curve ball. Definitely a positive one, in my opinion. Not only does a story need setbacks like this (and Naruto too, so he stays careful), but I have a weakness for Naruto being a bit more "foxy."

(Though I do hope that their relationship eventually becomes less toxic. Obviously after a long time, but still. Under that oath, Naruto could easily exploit him without any sort of friendship whatsoever.)
Detsella Morningdew chapter 12 . 12h
I had been wondering if Kurama was looping with him.
Detsella Morningdew chapter 6 . 13h
I feel the need to point out that "muscle memory" is not stored in the muscles, but in the connections in the brain. It's a common mistake with time travel fics. Muscle *conditioning* does not carry over, obviously, which is a hard cap on ability, but muscle memory should not be a problem if normal memory carries over. Or at least it should if Naruto's ease of thinking critically carries over - using paths in the brain make them easier on subsequent times.

This is still a very fun story, obviously, and is extremely high quality.
Detsella Morningdew chapter 5 . 13h
I love all this so much. I obviously expected Naruto to get stronger, but not a lot of people think like this as strength, and it's all very entertaining and fun.

This is far more satisfying than normal power boosts, that's for sure.
Detsella Morningdew chapter 4 . 14h
This is a really, really competent Naruto time loop fic. It can be really easy to just focus on power or skill improvements and ignore (or just sideline) character stuff.

I think I've only read a single better time loop fic (it wasn't a Naruto one).
Detsella Morningdew chapter 1 . 14h
On the "Japanese in fanfics" issue, I mostly agree, with the exception of a certain few techniques that are extremely famous in their Japanese, like "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu" or "Hiraishin." (That latter one being especially important becuase "Flying Thunder God" is a lot, lot longer to type.)

But yeah, I don't want to need extensive knowledge of Japanses or a translator handy to read fanfiction.
NightScarf chapter 12 . 10/20
Well, that was interesting.
humen4gyt chapter 1 . 10/17
you forgot guest that sakura practically did the same thing to sasuke but even worst logical after seeing how naruto doing that made her feel she should've known better than to do the same thing to sasuke guest
lamthai316 chapter 1 . 10/16
Wow! How did this story ever got 11k like?
It truly amazes me.
Do you really see nothing wrong with Naruto asking Sakura out twice a day, more than two thousand times in total?
Are you one of those guys arrogant enough to believe that every woman should feel honored by their attention? Or are you just stupid?

Naruto's behavior is nothing less than (sexual) harrassment. Even a type of stalking.
If a girl says no, that means no. It does NOT mean "Ask me again in a few hours.".
That kind of harrassment eventually deserves a harsher response, including violence, if nothing else has worked so far.
And when you consider how Naruto had canonically assaulted Sasuke in his own apartment, taken his identity and used that to get close to Sakura and try what would have been no less than a sexual assault, then Sakura was perfectly justified to try everything to keep him away from her.
Don't you realize what complete nonsense you are spouting about muscle memory?
First it's impossible to get better there due to it being "muscle" memory and the resets undoing any physical progress. Then you decide that, because it's "on" the nerves, it's still possible to make progress there, but only with the sharingan, despite everything else that Naruto learned and kept during the resets being stored on nerves as well (that's what the brain consists of, if you didn't know: nerve cells) - without him ever using a sharingan before.
And all of that gets even more nonsensical, when you know that "muscle memory" is all in the brain anyway, so Naruto could have made as much progress with his "muscle memory" as he wanted from the beginning.
I forgot:
If Orochimaru could bring in some more demon containers just like that, why the hell would he ever have bothered with Suna? And why bother with the chunin exams? He could have done it at any time and with no need to risk that Suna would side with their until-then ally Konoha.
Those easily available demon containers must be one of the stupidest plot devices I've ever seen. And completely pointless, since plot devices are only needed to further a plot - which doesn't happen here due to the resets. You could have achieved the same and avoided making your story look stupid by just saying that the invasion still went badly with no specifics. Or by making up something that makes some sense, if it's not too much trouble for you.
So you see fit to insult Kishimoto for writing his own fictional story the way he did and not the way you wanted?
How pathetically self-righteous is that?
itioministralis chapter 52 . 10/10
I personally think you overdid it with the harem and then Sakura joining in, as if some prank pulled on her counts as an 'entry fee'. By that logic, half of Konoha would qualify. I liked Naruto doing it by himself, now he has to juggle all of this. Hinata should've been enough, but I can see a major problem with doing it alone. It's not like every member has to be in a harem either. That's some kind of very weird logic. Just Naruto, Hinata and then, if the Hokage was being an idiot, other high-ranking (or just powerful) shinobi who could simply give orders, who don't have to be involved in any kind of relationship with Naruto. It's still one of the best fanfics I've read bit it switched focus from being 'Naruto acquires brains' to 'Harem members and their relationship' and stopped being interesting. I found myself skipping most of it.
15,959 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »