Reviews for A Careful Remedy
PowerFan132 chapter 8 . 1/28
I'd have loved if there was a chapter of Sora trying to explain why he did it, but, this ending was great too.
rabid behemoth chapter 8 . 12/15/2016
Holy shit, HI! I (re)read this while on the plane home to visit my family for the holidays. Seemed appropriate, and I often get a weird itch for the Kingdom Hearts Fandom Golden Days of Yore (TM) around this time of year-maybe because of how holiday-oriented my favorite writers were, maybe because Christmas makes me crave a particular combination of angst and comfort that this fandom provides in spades, maybe because SoRiku is just my original OTP to end all OTPs and the holidays make me want to reconnect with loved ones (be they fictional or otherwise). Regardless, my soul is more satisfied than I can explain right now.

Axel, of course, makes the best Death. I love how vague the backstory is there, still teasing us with some questions about what role Org XIII possibly could play in the supernatural (and what the hell happened to Marluxia). I love how the first person narration affects Riku's characterization in particular-how we go from believing him to be a cold, distant possible-asshole to understanding why Sora (mistakenly) thought of him as such. I love that this demonstrates so acutely how depression can totally alter a person's perspective. I cannot fathom how Sora was quite that accepting of his fate to rot in Hell, but Sora's perspective was so warped, I need not be able to totally relate. Perhaps a healthier individual would have responded differently anyway, tbh...

This is still so good, god damn! Maybe the premise is so compelling in part because it's so unusual: fanfic (and romance more generally) so often seems to focus on the excitement of forming a new relationship, but exploring an old one-beginning at the end, even-creates such a more mature kind of sentiment. I'm so moved. Your writing has been doing unspeakable things to my feelings for a decade now, and I know I'll always come back to it so long as it's available. I think I should recognize that you'll be on my list of favorite authors until I die, Jess. So, hopefully a very long time!

I'm not crying, you're crying. D:
Guest chapter 8 . 7/29/2016
I was supposed to be sleepibg right now because of my cold... but this is too interesting... I like how you were able to express their feelings...how you keep it realistic... this had also given me an insight on how depressed people thinks... (I mean... depressed to the point that they need medication)... I guess I'm also one of the guilty ones... fortunately my someone pulled through... I hope no one ever experience those again...

And another note... I wonder if he will tell Riku what actually happened... and I guess, that story he showed to Squall (which is this) would... "sell"... for the lack of a better word. Hihi.
Morganann5 chapter 7 . 4/6/2016
In tears- so good.
hikari mae chapter 8 . 2/15/2016
I've read this fic so many times over the years and it still gets to me. My heart clenches and aches and my eyes fill with tears every time I read it. I love this story so much :")
nolongerherereally chapter 8 . 11/29/2015
So... I read this when you first wrote it. And I'm re-reading now that I've done a recent replay. Through the years, my tastes and types of fandoms have changed-my standards for fic have gotten a lot higher as well. But this fic hits me as hard as the first time I read it. It's fantastic. Its portrayal of grief, acceptance and depression and trying to patch things up are all too realistic. Thanks for writing this :)
ashXbat chapter 8 . 11/24/2015
This was a beautiful written masterpiece. The idea for this story plot is so original and I never would've thought I'd find a gem like this on this website. This teaches people to appreciate those you love and cherish them.
Red-Travels-The-Furthest chapter 8 . 9/30/2015
Been so hard to find good fanfiction to read lately and stumbling upon this masterpiece I couldn't wait to have free time to read it. thanks for writing this is wonderful it was a roller coaster from start to finish and I'll definitely live life as though I'm dying now
Guest chapter 8 . 4/5/2015
THANK GOD! The ending was brilliant and I 'm happy that I read this fanfic!
Hg247 chapter 8 . 12/21/2014
...just beautiful... 3
mikidagreat chapter 8 . 9/30/2014
I really really enjoyed this story. I'm so sorry for not being able to write a better review right now-reading those last eight chapters was such an emotional roller coaster of "will he? won't he?" that I'm still shaking. That's a testament to your writing, I think. I just want you to know that someone really loved your work, even if I can't bring myself to describe what exactly I love about it.
TheUndertaker-27 chapter 8 . 6/21/2014
Man this was such a goood story. This is my Third time reading it and I still cry rivers. It comes to the point where I use a towel to clear away the tears instead of tissues.
azure sea chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
oh my god, still crying after reading this story for the 4th time *sob* and every time i want it to continue so that i can know what happens to them from now on. i really hope that their relationship will get better (and i want to read that, too! i am a sap) TT
wonderful and heart-wrenching and oh, you just know how to describe things and situations with your WORDS! so good... can't stop feeling somber now *cries*
Guest chapter 8 . 3/3/2014
THIS MADE Me SO DEPRESSSED HOLY SHIT THIsS WWAS SO GOOD IM SOBBING FUCK YOU
KariRedlock chapter 8 . 1/30/2014
Ahhhhhhhhhh this story was so intense omg omg ;A; but i loved it ;u; I literally could not stop reading this c: the idea behind it was absolutely amazing, and I love how you portrayed all the main characters ;u;