Reviews for Trick of the Light
annie200 chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
You really manage to walk the line between heart-wrenching emotions and snarkiness brilliantly. This is so very Dean and SAm. Loved it.
NC Girl chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Somehow, I've overlooked your stoires in the past but I'm thrilled to see that there are quite a few for me to read! I am looking forward to playing catch-up because this is the second single-chapter story I've read and thoroughly enjoyed!

You have the character voices down-pat as well as their mannerisms- pushing them just past the point of what we see on screen to what we WANT to see on screen without going over-the-top with fluff and chick-flicky actions. And with this story in particular, you did a great job of exposing the sorrow of both brothers in a way that not only pulled at the heartstrings in a completely realistic way, but also kept it in check. I don't know if I am making any sense at all, but the bottom line is that I loved it and I look forward to reading more!
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
I read your "Grand Illusion" which inspired me to check out your other stories - I love the episode tags that pull out the brother moments!

“I needed some air, Sammy,” Dean answered, tilting his head toward his brother. “I have no idea why you’re sitting here, dude. You’re gonna have to come up with something on your own.”

“How about I woke up and my brother was gone.”

Dean dipped his head. “Okay. Kind of needy in a pathetic, wimpy sort of way, but okay.”

I love your dialog - you got the both just right! I can hear Dean and see the cock of his head. Nice job!
Nilah chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
Oh great, now you have me all weepy. That was sweet.
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
Oh this was so lovely! *sniff* And now every time I watch Fresh Blood I will wait for this scene at the end and feel cheated when Kripke didn't have the good sense to film it for us!

Secret Five Impala Rating! :D
Agent Five chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
Holy- ...

*sniff*

That was beautiful. From the loving details of the scene to the gentle outline of a moment in the lives of two men that you write (and know) so very well ...

Just gorgeous. Thanks.
may7fic chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
Lovely little story. The quiet, soft-spoken emotions felt so real. My heart breaks for both boys.

Thank-you.
pixie9696 chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
*sniff.. sniff
SUPERNATANGEL67 chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Great little fic! Just LOVE the brotherly moments. (Wish they showed more on tv.!)
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
So sweet! I love it!

It's great to see Dean opens up, even a little to his brother.

Thanks for that!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
This is so great. Hope we get to see this moment in the show. We definitely need this. Thanks for the read.
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
I loved this. It was just beautifully written. The loving words spoken from one brother to another coming from their hearts, baring their souls, and it gave me the warm fuzzies to read. Thank-you!
lostone10 chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
How could you think that this did not make any sense? It was absolutely touching and heartfelt. Not overly done, just nicely stated. I think your characterization is dead on. If they were going to have a moment, I think it would be very similar to this. Well done. Do we get another soon?